[Q] app that turns on screen when you change song

Search This thread

punkmexic

Nov 27, 2012
hello i have a nexus 5, i listen new music on my car using that phone, i would like to have an app that turns on the screen with the name of the artist-song im listening to...
for example if im listening to rancid-time bomb, i want the screen to tell me that for about 5 or 10 seconds.. then if another song starts then the screen should turn on and tell me that im listening to other artist other song.
do you know an app or xposed module that allows to do this?
are you an app developer than dares to create this kind of app?

Critical Detox

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2010
Parts Unknown
hello i have a nexus 5, i listen new music on my car using that phone, i would like to have an app that turns on the screen with the name of the artist-song im listening to...
for example if im listening to rancid-time bomb, i want the screen to tell me that for about 5 or 10 seconds.. then if another song starts then the screen should turn on and tell me that im listening to other artist other song.

I have something better then that so that you don't need to look away from the road.

1.)Grab this app Utter https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brandall.nutter Install it, Open it.

2.)A notification for it will now be at the top, Select it, It will greet you with some form of greeting, It will then beep prompting you to tell it what to do.

3.) Say to it "Announce Notifications" it will open accessibility options and tell you to enable accessibility for utter, enable it.

4.)Repeat step 2, And again tell it to "Announce Notifications" This time it will say that it will announce notifications.

5.)Open your music app, Play a song. Make sure your music player of choice has notifications, otherwise this won't work.

6.)lock the phone and the next time the song changes utter will announce it for you. For me personally it comes out as "A notification from Spotify saying: Crown (Album Version) Explicit - Jay Z"

To stop Utter from announcing repeat step 2 but this time tell it "Turn off notifications" Also utter will use the default system google voice which in my opinion is poopy, So i use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivona.tts.voicebeta.eng.gbr.amy It sounds more natural and it's just nicer. If you decide to use the voice i linked you need to set the phone to use it and make utter use it also in its settings. Utter WILL announce anything it receives, and i mean anything. It may be a good idea to disable notifications for most things while using this so that your music sessions in your car aren't interrupted much. Last but not least Utter is useful for tons of things just take a look at it's command list and you'll see, hope this is as helpful as i hope it may be. Cheers.

Reactions: punkmexic

punkmexic

Nov 27, 2012
The utter method worked but I can't listen to it properly since the music is playing louder than the voice notification, I rather see the name of the screen is there a way?

punkmexic

Nov 27, 2012
notification of songs please

hello i have like one month trying to make my nexus 5 to wake up every beginning of song
telling me artist-song in my display
i don't want to listen a voice notification
only watch who is playing now..

i want an app similar to knock2 or dynamic notifications
that actual works for this thing i want
because knock2 and dynamic has worked for whatsapp and other apps
but is not working for ttpod music app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have something better then that so that you don't need to look away from the road.

1.)Grab this app Utter https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brandall.nutter Install it, Open it.

2.)A notification for it will now be at the top, Select it, It will greet you with some form of greeting, It will then beep prompting you to tell it what to do.

3.) Say to it "Announce Notifications" it will open accessibility options and tell you to enable accessibility for utter, enable it.

4.)Repeat step 2, And again tell it to "Announce Notifications" This time it will say that it will announce notifications.

5.)Open your music app, Play a song. Make sure your music player of choice has notifications, otherwise this won't work.

6.)lock the phone and the next time the song changes utter will announce it for you. For me personally it comes out as "A notification from Spotify saying: Crown (Album Version) Explicit - Jay Z"

To stop Utter from announcing repeat step 2 but this time tell it "Turn off notifications" Also utter will use the default system google voice which in my opinion is poopy, So i use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivona.tts.voicebeta.eng.gbr.amy It sounds more natural and it's just nicer. If you decide to use the voice i linked you need to set the phone to use it and make utter use it also in its settings. Utter WILL announce anything it receives, and i mean anything. It may be a good idea to disable notifications for most things while using this so that your music sessions in your car aren't interrupted much. Last but not least Utter is useful for tons of things just take a look at it's command list and you'll see, hope this is as helpful as i hope it may be. Cheers.