Xperia S UI for Xperia Play Extreme Final Edition --> TrueAncestor Rom

Search This thread

jjkkyu

Feb 17, 2012
i found a bug on the xperia keyboard. there's no ")" symbol (remove the two "). Please see the screenshot. hope this would be fixed on the next update because i really like what you made on the xperia keyboard and even thou it's a very small issue

Enjoy with the fix:D
Install via CWM.
View attachment Fix_for_hidden_symbols.zip

Sorry for no more new version on this UI package, but small fix will be continuous made.
All the fix and update will be accumulated to TrueAncestor thread.

Last edited:

Fußbodenheizung

Nov 15, 2011
The theme is great, but it's not complete. The framework-res.apk and SemcGenericUxpRes.apk don't look like Xperia S.
For SemcGenericUxpRes.apk I've simply used an actual version from Xperia S, kindly uploaded by Mwolthuis here. It looks great.

As for the framework-res.apk, a lot of the drawable resources (images) are available in xhdpi resolution, but not in hdpi, so I've scaled them. And some are available in hdpi, but they need another copy with a "semc" in front of the filename, so I fixed that too.
So with these two files, almost everything looks Xperia S-ish and if it doesn't it's probably the app's fault (the screenshot app's buttons still have the ugly glossy look, I haven't yet investigated why, but it's probably its own fault, it probably has its own drawable for the buttons).
It was quite some work actually. Anyway, I'm attaching the file here. Also, automatic backlight works.

To do:
-Screenshot app buttons
-Alarm sliders
-Incoming call sliders

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    5 MB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Reactions: jjkkyu

jjkkyu

Feb 17, 2012
The theme is great, but it's not complete. The framework-res.apk and SemcGenericUxpRes.apk don't look like Xperia S.
For SemcGenericUxpRes.apk I've simply used an actual version from Xperia S, kindly uploaded by Mwolthuis here. It looks great.

As for the framework-res.apk, a lot of the drawable resources (images) are available in xhdpi resolution, but not in hdpi, so I've scaled them. And some are available in hdpi, but they need another copy with a "semc" in front of the filename, so I fixed that too.
So with these two files, almost everything looks Xperia S-ish and if it doesn't it's probably the app's fault (the screenshot app's buttons still have the ugly glossy look, I haven't yet investigated why, but it's probably its own fault, it probably has its own drawable for the buttons).
It was quite some work actually. Anyway, I'm attaching the file here. Also, automatic backlight works.

To do:
-Screenshot app buttons
-Alarm sliders
-Incoming call sliders

seems the attachment is broken, i download it for several times, but the file still remains 544 bytes.

jjkkyu

Feb 17, 2012

To do:
-Screenshot app buttons
-Alarm sliders
-Incoming call sliders

screenshot app buttons use the pictures in SemcGenericUxpRes.apk, mate.:D
as to alarm and call sliders, you should edit them in clock and SEMCPhone app.
i notice lockscreen and some button changed, although i prefer my own lockscreen, i still appreciate to your work.
btw, the mount button in rootexplore is strange after the buttons change in framework.

Fußbodenheizung

Nov 15, 2011
screenshot app buttons use the pictures in SemcGenericUxpRes.apk, mate.:D

Then I guess SemcGenericUxpRes.apk needs some work as well. The problem is that I can't decompile and recompile it. Any help would be much appreciated.

i notice lockscreen and some button changed, although i prefer my own lockscreen, i still appreciate to your work.

The lockscreen is from the official xperia s xhdpi drawables, just resized to the hdpi resolution. I don't know why it looks different than Xperia S lockscreen in the screenshots, but I kept it, because I thought it looked nicer and fitted other elements in the theme better.

btw, the mount button in rootexplore is strange after the buttons change in framework.
Then I guess I must have cocked something up somewhere.

jjkkyu

Feb 17, 2012
Firstly, i have met all the questions you asked before.
It seems you are walking on my previous road.:D

Then I guess SemcGenericUxpRes.apk needs some work as well. The problem is that I can't decompile and recompile it. Any help would be much appreciated.
if you use apktool to decompile it, you should install the framework-res.apk first.
type the command, you should add full path before "framework-res.apk".

apktool if framework-res.apk

and i'm also interested how you build framework-res.apk in such a small size.
i recompiled framework-res.apk and signed it and it don't work, so i replaced the files via winrar and made the apk grow fatter.

The lockscreen is from the official xperia s xhdpi drawables, just resized to the hdpi resolution. I don't know why it looks different than Xperia S lockscreen in the screenshots, but I kept it, because I thought it looked nicer and fitted other elements in the theme better.

lockscreen in Xperia S don't use the images in framework-res.apk, the real lockscreen app in Xperia S is UxpNxtLockScreen.apk.
View attachment UxpNxtLockScreen.apk

Then I guess I must have cocked something up somewhere.
i replaced the buttons before and it also shows that, so i leave it as current look.
if the rootexplorer also shows that in Xperia S, then i think we should take it easy and wait r.e. to fix it.

Reactions: Fußbodenheizung

sesamo

Dec 23, 2011
Oradea
Could you post the home.apk from the package please. I did something and messed it up...

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Xplayer 4561

Apr 20, 2012
What do you mean by via recovery??..... and if install the package wil I be able to get my old UI?? :-D

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Xplayer 4561

Apr 20, 2012
How will I flash my device I have already install the home.apk and music player.apk

noojster

Oct 27, 2011
I love the true ancestor ROM

does the Xperia S UI extreme final edition is fully incorporated in your true ancestor Rom?

jjkkyu

Feb 17, 2012
I love the true ancestor ROM

does the Xperia S UI extreme final edition is fully incorporated in your true ancestor Rom?

I removed some components which have problems, so I think if you already use TA Rom, you don't need try this theme.

noojster

Oct 27, 2011
I removed some components which have problems, so I think if you already use TA Rom, you don't need try this theme.

Okay i know im in the wrong thread but regarding true ancestor Rom, I noticed some bug in the messaging app

when I try to send a text message and Ive manually typed the name of the recipient, it doesnt search for it(nothing happens) so what Im doing right now is manually searching for the contact instead..

jjkkyu

Feb 17, 2012
Okay i know im in the wrong thread but regarding true ancestor Rom, I noticed some bug in the messaging app

when I try to send a text message and Ive manually typed the name of the recipient, it doesnt search for it(nothing happens) so what Im doing right now is manually searching for the contact instead..

problem confirmed, i'll try to fix.

jjkkyu

Feb 17, 2012

I've got it fixed.
wait for TrueAncestor update pack.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TrueAncestor Rom is Released!!
    If you love this theme, try TrueAncestor as well!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1595058

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an Xperia S UI package for Xperia PLay on android 2.3.4(42/58/62).
    Don't use this package on other devices or android 2.3.4 below.
    No need for any data backup, just install the zip file via recovery.
    Tested all function working on stock firmware and not responsible for custom firmware.

This package contains:

Features from Xperia S:
    1.Xperia S style UI.
    2.Xperia S home lancher(modded to seven pages).
    3.Xperia S system app icons.
    4.Xperia S style phonebook, credit to Soheil_rf.
    5.Xperia S music player(Equalizier, SensMe, Stereo, xLOUD all working).
    6.Xperia S Timescape and new Timescape widgets.
    7.Xperia S weather, switch tool, clock, music, smartcontacts widgets.
    8.Xperia S brower, email, calender, clock, calculator, power saver.
    9.Xperia S system default wallpapers.
    10.Xperia S system default livewallpapers(CosmicFlow & LiveEarth).
    11.Xperia S boot animation(Xperia logo).
    12.Xperia S poweroff charge animation.
    13.Xperia S Chinese keyboard.

Other Features:
    1.Newest version of LiveWare manager, TrackID, Playstaion Pocket, Playstaion Store.
    2.Mobile Bravia Engine added.
    3.Notification bar quickpanels with setting tool.
    4.Modded PackageInstaller for internal or SD card selection.
    5.Natsune Miku notify and alarm sound(voice in Japanese).
    6.Worldclock widget from official .62 firmware.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Second Edition updated:
    1.Xperia S lockscreen slidebar and time display adjustment.
    2.Xperia S system default themes.
    3.Xperia S style browser.
    4.Timescape UI fix and old scroll widget.
    5.Restore home launcher to 5 screens.
    6.Remove modded PackageInstaller from package, unaffect to already installed.
    7.Restore the notification background to non-transparent(stock look).
    8.Poweroff button bug avoiding patch added.
    9.Some graphic fixes.
    10.Datamonitor widget from official .62 firmware.
    11.Facebook and Twitter Timescape extension fixed(should work, need confirmation).

Finally i fixed the Xperia S messaging app for full working, you now can really enjoy it!!
    This is the last regret in my package before, so this edition is the last update.
    Next i'll begin my custom rom project, thanks everyone.

Final Edition updated:
    1.Xperia S messaging app(star label, mms, wappush setting all working).
    2.Xperia S system default alarm, notification, ringtone sounds.
    3.Xperia S photo gallery widget.
    4.Xperia S western keyboard.
    5.Notification bar quickpanels updated to 15(contains led light), credit to Sj8023ld from gfan.
    6.Remove support app.
    7.More detail fixes waiting for you to find out.

Xperia S UI for Xperia Play Extreme Final Edition download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?haychcp8df7nvtx

Optional packages:

7 screens home launcer:
    View attachment se7en_screens_home_launcher.zip

numeric battery indicator
    View attachment numeric_battery_indicator.zip

Please give thanks if you like this easy package.
    If you want to port sth from my package to your project, please leave credit in your post.

Preview video: (credit to CloudShepherd)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_4yTRlIs40

Screenshots:

screenshot_2012-03-21_1428.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-15_0921_1.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-15_0923_1.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-15_0924.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-15_0924_1.jpg
    screenshot_2012-03-15_0924_2.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-15_0922.jpgsnap20120315_135403.jpgsnap20120315_093002.jpgsnap20120315_093008.jpg
    snap20120315_093825.jpgsnap20120315_094000.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-15_0923.jpgscreenshot_2012-03-21_1336.jpg
    Im running fw 2.3.4 build .69.
    My facebook extension was working fine with your first edition ,:D but after installing your second edition. I get fc com.sonyericsson.eventstream.extensions when I try to use facebook timescape. How can I fix? Maybe installing the one from your first edition again... But I deleted it:(
    Also if its not too much, could you add reboot option to shutdown menu?:eek:
    Thank you awesome work

someone said he get fc with first version in the thread before, i don't really know which version works...
    i will make a optional package later.
    won't add the reboot feature on shutdown menu, i think reboot button on quickpanel is enough.
    thanks for this
    problems with power off options
    no screenshot, reboot or power off

try this patch.
    install via recovery.
    i found a bug on the xperia keyboard. there's no ")" symbol (remove the two "). Please see the screenshot. hope this would be fixed on the next update because i really like what you made on the xperia keyboard and even thou it's a very small issue

screenshot_2012-04-14_1839-1.png
    Any word on the lockscreen

sent from my Xperia PLAY using XDA Premium

working on it