[APP][2.2+][Tasker plugin] Secure Settings - Updated 1/29/14

Search This thread

Jayrod76

Oct 6, 2012
Hello all...I have recently updated to a 4.2.2 ROM on my Bionic (AOKP Kexec) and updated Tasker. I see that the Screen on (stay on) variable isn't working since Google changed some stuff so I grabbed secure settings. My question is..how do I get secure settings to work with Tasker for this task? I have one task that I use this for and it's not a huge issue but for my purpose it makes things easier . I'm still a noob when it comes to Tasker and have looked for a fix and found this thread. Thanks

Edit..figured it out

Last edited:

cramu

Mar 12, 2012
Berlin
I wonder why I cannot find any Light Flow activities in Secure Settings.
NFC Task Launcher shows me 3 activities for Light Flow.

asciicode

Apr 14, 2013
i mean the helper if copied to system/app it will be deleted sometime. so i created a flashable zip then flash.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

spheroidx

Apr 22, 2013
Is there an API?

One of my top 3 most stable apps, and the dev is very polite and helpful.

I'm wondering if there's a framework for changing settings via SL4A scripts, or whether I would need to set up an intent?
Tasker's all well and good, but waaay too easy.... Papa likes to code :D

intangibleDroid

Apr 25, 2010
Any chance that a condition could be added to check is tethering is enabled?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I plan on adding conditions for Secure Settings toggleable actions in the future to potentially handle what you're asking for.

One of my top 3 most stable apps, and the dev is very polite and helpful.

I'm wondering if there's a framework for changing settings via SL4A scripts, or whether I would need to set up an intent?
Tasker's all well and good, but waaay too easy.... Papa likes to code :D

I believe I responded to your question in an email. If not, let me know.

How much is the pro version?

The Pro upgrade is currently $1.50 USD and $2 USD via PayPal.

after installed secure settings, I lost my right to control the SEARCH_LONG_PRESS, how can I get it back?

Go to Settings > Apps > Find and Click Secure Settings > Scroll down and click "Clear defaults".

Additionally, if you aren't using the "Google Now shortcut" option, you can go into the Options tab and uncheck it. This will disable the feature and your Search button should be available again.

ahappystone

Apr 25, 2013
When I disable the keylocker, and then click the notification area, the keylocker is still effective.

I am using Note II under OS4.1.2

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

after installed secure settings, I lost my right to control the SEARCH_LONG_PRESS, how can I get it back?

When I disable the keylocker, and then click the notification area, the keylocker is still effective.

I am using Note II under OS4.1.2

stigers

May 20, 2008
Beijing
I plan on adding conditions for Secure Settings toggleable actions in the future to potentially handle what you're asking for.

I believe I responded to your question in an email. If not, let me know.

The Pro upgrade is currently $1.50 USD and $2 USD via PayPal.

Go to Settings > Apps > Find and Click Secure Settings > Scroll down and click "Clear defaults".

Additionally, if you aren't using the "Google Now shortcut" option, you can go into the Options tab and uncheck it. This will disable the feature and your Search button should be available again.

The Search button long press does not come back, when disables, not SEARCH_LONG_PRESS message broadcasted. When enabled google now and used STATE in Tasker, only function once, then no reaponse to long press. I am on a temp licesence pro.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmot205

Jun 17, 2012
Is there any chance please of a feature addition that would allow the Tasker app itself to be used as a context? i.e. perform an action whenever Tasker is open; namely for me change my keyboard to a more programming-friendly one (using Secure Settings) and upping the screen timeout.

Pent (Tasker author) states in the FAQ that it's not added to the main Tasker app to avoid people adding silly things that would cause you to never be able to open Tasker (e.g. because it launches the calculator instantly due to a profile), which is fair. But if this was a Secure Settings context, if someone add a silly context to load the calculator when Tasker is open, you just have to uninstall/freeze Secure Settings, delete the context/profile in Tasker, and reinstall.

Would really appreciate this feature (it's a bummer we can't set custom things to happen when we open the mother of all customising apps!), and thank you for an already brilliant add-on.

whitenack

Mar 22, 2012
Ever since the Helper update, Airplane Mode doesn't work for me. I have verified that I have the latest updated version, and I click on the button to verify that it is working properly. However, when it is supposed to execute a task that involves Airplane Mode, it does nothing. Tasker is also using 50% of my battery life, which I feel has to be related. Any thoughts?

ETA: NEVERMIND. I tried a power cycle for the 2nd or 3rd time and for some reason it works now.

Last edited:

neo668

Nov 17, 2012
Help!

I have Tasker to turn off Data AND turn off GPS when I am connected to a wireless wifi network. When the task exits (ie. no wireless network) Tasker will turn on Data and turn on GPS. Tasker said I need to install Secure Settings Plugin to control the GPS. So I promptly downloaded and installed it from the Play Store. Secure Settings tells me I need Helper so I installed it from within the Secure Settings app.

But turning on/off the GPS will not work still. The Data gets turned on/off as per Tasker. Though the Data turns off the GPS is still On.

Am I missing something? Thanks for any advice.

NotLutzik

Feb 12, 2008
New York
Hello
Im trying to set it up when i get new sms or new whatsapp message that my screen would turn on and if i dont touch screen for lets say 15 seconds it would turn off . How do i go about it? wake screen with 15 seconds duration screen dim doesn't seem to be working ?!

Last edited:

neo668

Nov 17, 2012
I have Tasker to turn off Data AND turn off GPS when I am connected to a wireless wifi network. When the task exits (ie. no wireless network) Tasker will turn on Data and turn on GPS. Tasker said I need to install Secure Settings Plugin to control the GPS. So I promptly downloaded and installed it from the Play Store. Secure Settings tells me I need Helper so I installed it from within the Secure Settings app.

But turning on/off the GPS will not work still. The Data gets turned on/off as per Tasker. Though the Data turns off the GPS is still On.

Am I missing something? Thanks for any advice.

Just a feedback. I finally got it working. I had to choose "Plugin" in the Task section instead of Misc -> GPS in Tasker. Then in Plugin I had to choose Secure Settings -> GPS. Now everything works the way it should. I guess most ppl know this, except me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Secure Settings is a Locale/Tasker/Llama compatible plugin for Android 2.2+

Please see the changelog for updates

Secure Settings Pro Trial licenses are available! Click the menu button inside of the Upgrade screen to request a trial.

As of v1.2.6, you can create Launcher shortcuts to any available Action option!

Conditions:
    • Max Failed Login Attempts - Perform an action based on a specified number of failed login attempts
    • Google Now Shortcut [4.1+,Pro]
    • Outgoing Call
    • Secret Code- Enter a special number in the Dialer and trigger an action.

Actions:
    • Toggle Airplane Mode
    • Set Airplane Mode Radios
    • BT Connection [4.0+]
    • BT Tethering [4.0+,Pro]
    • Execute Shortcut
    • Font Size [4.0+]
    • Toggle the Keyguard
    • Launch Activity
    • Locale Picker
    • Toggle Mobile Data [2.3+]
    • Run any GNU linux command (with/without root)
    • Tasker users can store command output info in user defined Tasker variables
    • Toggle SIP Receive Calls [2.3+]
    • Change SIP Call Option [2.3+]
    • Stay Awake While Charging
    • Show Touches [4.0+]
    • Wake the device
    • WiFi Hotspot [4.0+]
    • WiFi Sleep Policy

Dev Admin Actions:
    • Toggle the Camera [4.0+]
    • Lock the device
    • Lock Screen Widgets [4.2+]
    • Set or reset the device's password/pin

Root Actions:
    • Background Process Limit [4.0+, Pro]
    • Background Data [Pro]
    • Force GPU Rendering [4.0+]
    • Hardware Overlays [4.1+, Pro]
    • Package Notification [4.1+]
    • Package State (Previously Package Manager)
    • Phone Options (Answer,End,Silence Calls) [Pro]
    • Power Button Lock [4.1+, Pro]
    • Reboot Options (Uses native system methods) [Pro]
    • Enable/disable USB Tethering [4.0+,Pro]
    • VPN [4.0+, Experimental!]
    • Enable/disable Wireless ADB

Helper Actions:
    • Enable/disable Accessibility Services
    • Enable/disable USB Debugging
    • Set Active Day Dream [4.2+]
    • Toggle Day Dream State [4.2+]
    • Enable/disable GPS [2.3+]
    • Enable/disable Data Roaming
    • Update Lock Screen Owner Info [3.0+]
    • Set Lock Screen Timeout [4.0+, Pro]
    • Enable/disable Pattern lock screen
    • Enable/disable NFC [NFC Adapter required]
    • Change device input methods (switch soft keyboards without the prompt)
    • Enable/disable "Location Services" option for location awareness
    • Unknown Sources
    • WiFi Optimization [4.2+]
    • WiFi Scanning [4.3+]

Custom ROM Actions:
    • Enable or Disable ADB Over Network [CM9 only]
    • Expand Desktop [CM10/Paranoid Android]
    • Enable or Disable Fast Charge [Custom Kernel with Fast Charge Required]
    • Enable/Disable Kill App Back Button (CM and other custom ROMS)
    • Toggle LTE on CM9
    • Toggle Samsung Modes (Blocking, Driving and Power Saver Modes)

I hope you enjoy

Download Here

Explanation of Permissions:
    • Device Administrator Access - Required if you wish to lock the device or set/reset the password
    • Storage Access - Required for the Run Command function to write to the SD Card
    • Full Network Access - Required to download and check for updates for the Helper application
    • System Tools - Required for the Keyguard and Wake Lock functionality
    • Root Access - Required if you wish to install the Helper or run privileged commands from the Run Command function
    • Change Configuration - Required to change Locale
    • Change Network State - Required to toggle Mobile Data
    • Change Wifi State - Required to toggle Wifi Adapter for Wireless ADB
    • Wifi Access - Required to determine if Wifi is enabled for the Wireless ADB function
    • Bluetooth/BT Admin - Required to Connect to BT Devices
    • Boot Complete - Required to install Helper on boot if missing
    • Process Outgoing Calls - Required to use outgoing calls as conditions

Buy me a beer :D
    New feature in Version 1.1.8

With version 1.1.8, Secure Settings can be converted to a system app to get the same functionality as having the Helper installed.

If you wish to move the app to the system, you MUST first disable Device Administrator!
    I cannot stress this enough. If you don't do this, the app will break and will be a pain to remove.

Once that's disabled, you can use Titanium Backup to convert the app to a system app.
    OP here.

To all having issues with the latest update:
    Please bear with me. I haven't maintained the app in a while and Google was going to remove it due to a single permission that was used.

Rather than let the app be removed, I spent some time trying to get it compatible and clearly broke a bunch of stuff in the process.

I have since made some updates and released a beta and staged rollout. This version should be more functional but likely still buggy. Please opt in if you'd like to test.
    Version 1.3.4 Released

Secure Settings v1.3.4 now rolling out. Check out the changelog to see what's new!
    Secure Settings 1.3.5 Beta now available

Release notes