[APP][2.1+] Sidebar - Brilliant multitasking and task management on Android

Search This thread

Sapiens

Jan 22, 2007
Hi

Can you activate the family library sharing for Android in your app please?
Many apps on the Google Play store have it already but your app doesn't.
In your android developer console you can activate the family sharing for your customers.

You can do it this way:

Sign in to your Google Play Developer Console.
Select an app.
Select Pricing & Distribution.
In the "Family Library" section, select the checkbox.

Thank you very much!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

phatestcat

Mar 23, 2010
San Antonio
I don't know if anyone pays attention to this thread anymore, but here goes.

I was pretty disappointed that the developer abandoned the app and left paying customers like me in the dark. I still have it installed on a Samsung tablet, and was able to copy the APK from the /data folder using FX. Here it is, hope someone else is able to use it. I loaded it on my GS9+ and it loaded fine, even loaded after a reboot. Yes, the GS9+ has a "side bar" built into the system, but it's a little buggy compared to this one.

Attachments

• SidebarPro.apk
    781.2 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Dotancoh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"Minimalistic, non-intrusive, and very functional" - XDA

Awards & Mentions

Sidebar was showcased on the front page of XDA as well as on XDA TV

Geekwire wrote an amazing article about Sidebar and my other successes

StudentRND Blogs wrote an amazing article about Sidebar and my other successes

Sidebar was also the best among Android Authority's Top 7 Apps of the week

Sidebar was reviewed by AddictiveTips

Sidebar won Best Application at CodeDay Seattle hosted by StudentRND.

29Vd7

Sidebar wins the XDA showdown!

Downloads
    Sidebar Lite | Sidebar Pro
    Update is live! Released early for Pro to iron out bugs, Lite will come a few days later.

2Bo3rKR.png

Mega Update Version 4.2.0.0
    - Windows taskbar style running indicators; Brighter for foreground app.
    - Enabled caching of App Drawer, and App Selector.
    - Fancy Animations now available in Settings.
    - Widgets are now called Toggles; Running Apps widget deprecated due to redundancy.
    - Live Running Apps no longer persistent after swiping away.
    - Added handles to the Swipe Edge for more intuitive height adjustment.
    Or is it that sidebar plus blew your app out of the water adding all the features I told you were possible months ago but you insisted the android code didn't exist for it..

So now basically this app is abandoned..

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sidebar Plus is looking good feature-wise. I was always happy with Ribbons in AOKP. This was close but without the ability to add shortcuts for some strange reason.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Yeah if he could have added the shortcuts it would have made it near perfect IMO. The features of Sidebar Plus are just a bonus, but now I guess that's where I'm headed.

Am gonna be honest. I appreciate and respect all devs who go out of there way to help you out and reply if you got an issue. But some who do not even listen to there userbase for me they lose all respect. Anyways this looks like a dead project now so might as well close this thread. Just a shame I feel I wasted two pounds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Allright, Let's Get Some Things Straight

I told you were possible months ago but you insisted the android code didn't exist for it..

Not true. While there are some things that aren't possible, I never said it was impossible. Take adding shortcuts for example - I have no idea how, because 1. I haven't ever used shortcuts myself so I blame myself for not finding the need for them; 2. I've searched all over (months ago) and didn't find any decent implementation. And I'm fine admitting that I don't know how, but I'm willing to learn! So please give pointers next time, instead of whining.

Sidebar Plus is looking good feature-wise

I love it too, and it's a great app with lots of features! However, I'd like to keep Sidebar simple, elegant, and to the point.

But some who do not even listen to there userbase for me they lose all respect.

That to me comes accross as something really serious because I am strongly devoted to making great products and listening to everyone on what they have to say. But you have to understand - I'm 17, and as I mentioned before there's a lot of things I need to focus on and prioritizing is the key to success. App development is in fact a large chunk of that. I'm developing more apps like Sidebar, and those are coming out soon, sure enough to be just as successful as this one and better in terms of features because I've learned a lot along the way.

So now basically this app is abandoned..

I never said that. Don't you worry about a thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the deal. Something important to note is that while features are great, the "more the merrier" is not always the case. XDA's for people who have come to expect as many features out of an app as possible. That said, more features amount to the risk for more bugs, and as a developer when your app becomes too complicated or even a little bit difficult to manage, it falls apart. Sidebar has a simple purpose: Pin apps to the sliding sidebar and access them from anywhere. It's now also got task managing. That's it. No widgets, (and no shortcuts because I can't figure out how lol).

Often times, you'll see 5 star apps that have little to no features at all. Why is this? Take my app Roundr for example. It does one thing and does it well. Another 200,000+ downloads with a rating pinned to 5 stars due to the fact that there are less places where I can go wrong as a developer. If the user has less chances of running into a part of the app that fails to function the way it's supposed to, then that app will have a higher rating, and thus generate more revenue. My apps will always be simple, clean, and include just the right amount of features. Another example of this would be AOSP. Look at Samsung's Touchwiz ROM...filled with "features" like smart scroll and what not. No one wants that, so they flash AOSP! Clean and simple is the way to go.

My Promise to the 250,000+ Sidebar Users

Sidebar will improve and become the app you all dream of. As I got more experienced with coding Android apps, I came across things I could have implemented into Sidebar 6 months ago, and I realize that at some point I need to do that. Sidebar is the app that makes the largest share of my monthly income, so why shouldn't I.

As for now, expect Switchr to release shortly and also, keep in mind: XDA is an insightful & friendly place for encouraging developers, not demotivating them. Please keep it that way.
    Development Sneak Peak
    Running apps shown at the bottom of the list (below the line) ? Just like ubuntu or windows taskbar. Will have running indicators too (soon). The bar that separates the two entities (pinned apps and running apps) changes color (white or black) based on Sidebar's average background RGB color.

78mermf.png
    mMaPHr4.png
    ZDcQw1G.png

This will be an option that will be by default OFF

Who would like to see this happen?
    You guys asked, I delivered. App Drawer widget. Will be included in the version 3.0.0.0 update coming SOON.

2aIRK