A/C adapter

Search This thread
May 11, 2011
I know the Streak 7 requires about 5.4 volts and something well over the normal 500mA to chage so not just any A/C to USB charger will work. Anyone know offhand of a good source for an adapter that will charge the 7 and preferably has a folding plug or the like so it's streamlined and also something that's rugged. I don't want a cheap $1.99 cent no name piece of plastic.

asjimene

Jul 20, 2011
I too am looking for an a/c charger and would love an affordable recommendation. Ive looked everywhere and I find chargers that are like $24 (way too much) or like a dollar (don't trust it at that price). Thanks alot.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App

farfromuman

May 23, 2008
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V35
I have one HTC 5V 1A adapter from my old Hero that works (folding plugs), also LG 5V 700ma works as well (from Optimus One). I am sure these are slower at charging but they do work. Would be good for overnight charging.

Reactions: asjimene

Z4nd4r

Jun 15, 2010
Colorado Springs
Any ideas on a good, AA powered USB charger? I know AAs will get eaten pretty quick, but I have some Eneloops sitting around doing nothing and I'd love to get a little more juice on the go.

Juice on the go. Now I have a picture of a white Bronco slowly fleeing the cops down the freeway stuck in my head.

asjimene

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks. I guess as long as they work it doesn't really matter how long they take to charge. Hopefully with all the tablets coming out, a/c to USB 2 amp chargers will become more accessable at lower prices. Until then ill just use a 1 amp charger.

asjimene

Jul 20, 2011
Any ideas on a good, AA powered USB charger? I know AAs will get eaten pretty quick, but I have some Eneloops sitting around doing nothing and I'd love to get a little more juice on the go.

Juice on the go. Now I have a picture of a white Bronco slowly fleeing the cops down the freeway stuck in my head.
This is the only thing i could find along those lines. But the website looks pretty sketch so Im not sure if i would trust it. just replace the " DOT " in the link with periods, I cant post links cause im a noob :(

http COLON //www DOT meritline DOT com/external-backup-usb-charger-for-iphone-and-ipod-black---p-55167 DOT aspx

Reactions: Z4nd4r

asjimene

Jul 20, 2011
I have one HTC 5V 1A adapter from my old Hero that works (folding plugs), also LG 5V 700ma works as well (from Optimus One). I am sure these are slower at charging but they do work. Would be good for overnight charging.

Thanks, I went on amazon and ordered a charger for a Palm, it looks really nice and it was less than 4 bucks, Ill post again when I get it with a link if it works.

Z4nd4r

Jun 15, 2010
Colorado Springs
This is the only thing i could find along those lines. But the website looks pretty sketch so Im not sure if i would trust it. just replace the " DOT " in the link with periods, I cant post links cause im a noob :(

http COLON //www DOT meritline DOT com/external-backup-usb-charger-for-iphone-and-ipod-black---p-55167 DOT aspx

I got that one, but it only worked for about 20 seconds and then never worked again. I got a replacement, same deal. It seems very cheaply made and heats up very quickly. I made sure my Eneloops had a full charge, too.

purelywasted

Jul 13, 2008
I use the newest iphone 4 (white phone) usb plug. The printed spec says 1 amp, but it works fine, I am assuming it is the same unit as the ipad, but a different sticker. iphone 3 plug did not work.

Sent from my streak7 using XDA Premium App

asjimene

Jul 20, 2011
Yeah, i thought it looked shady. But hopefully the cheap 1 amp charger i bought will work. There were some promising rechargeable external batteries on amazon, they run like 60 bucks but they put out an amp and look like they are high quality.

asjimene

Jul 20, 2011
The charger that I bought works great! I'm sure its a little slower charge than the original charger but it is much easier to travel with. Link below replace "DOT" with ". "

http COLON //www DOT amazon DOT com/gp/product/B002GQ9K5C

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore

d1r3ct1v3

Aug 8, 2011
naw not same as ipad charger that charger is kinda big about 2X2X1 with foldable plugs and also removable plugs to attatch an extension

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
fyi....1amp is definitely fine. Their car kit includes a 1amp 12v usb charger. Kinda peeved. I was expecting a 2amp one similar to the ac one that comes with the streak. Thankfully I only paid $7 for the car kit which is pretty much what I'd pay for another dock cable.

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
dbpaddler said:
fyi....1amp is definitely fine. Their car kit includes a 1amp 12v usb charger. Kinda peeved. I was expecting a 2amp one similar to the ac one that comes with the streak. Thankfully I only paid $7 for the car kit which is pretty much what I'd pay for another dock cable.

Is 1Amp enough to charge with the screen on the brightest setting while using gps and wifi ?

Also, I ordered 3 cables from china for $9 total. Ill let you know if they work properly and if so ill link them. Im planning on a cable mod for usb-otg on one of them. Will report back. Also, anyone have a complete pinout on the dock connector? Trying to find out if the only charging pins are the ones used for usb connection. We are going to need to be able to charge while supplying power via usb to devices. Thanks!

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I haven't re-downloaded copilot yet since upgrading to DJSteve's 3.2. So I haven't tested everything out yet. Have my hotspot though so I theoretically can. With more 2amp chargers out there, it should be a moot point though. I just picked up a dual one that has both a 1amp and 2amp. With the loaner car at the moment, I'm kinda just dealing with the usb port for charging. Kinda cool it even has usb.

I will say, the viewpad 7x is catching my eye though. And with HC on the Dell, resell should be easy. Just saying.

asjimene

Jul 20, 2011
Is 1Amp enough to charge with the screen on the brightest setting while using gps and wifi ?

Also, I ordered 3 cables from china for $9 total. Ill let you know if they work properly and if so ill link them. Im planning on a cable mod for usb-otg on one of them. Will report back. Also, anyone have a complete pinout on the dock connector? Trying to find out if the only charging pins are the ones used for usb connection. We are going to need to be able to charge while supplying power via usb to devices. Thanks!
Yes 1 amp will charge the device at full brightness with GPS, Wifi, and Bluetooth.

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
asjimene said:
Yes 1 amp will charge the device at full brightness with GPS, Wifi, and Bluetooth.

Awesome ty. I was using a 2Amp charger but lost it.

Edit.
I picked up an OEM HTC USB wall charger 5v 1Amp.... it does Not charge it with screen on, wifi on, and gps

Last edited:

purelywasted

Jul 13, 2008
I assumed it was pad, but I guess it is just an iphone charger. Its a small cube with usb slot. Charges unit with no problems.

Sent from my streak7 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.