[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release]CarbonRom KitKat[N5110]

Search This thread

deskSX

Nov 1, 2013
Site working again. Last release Form 2.3. Is fine without problems.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

jlmnote

May 23, 2013
HDMI out

Anyone else able to get HDMI out to work? I thought it might of been a bad cable but it works when I reverted back to CivZ's Flexbeam rom.

sapienta

Mar 25, 2007
How does this compare to the OmniRom ? Has anyone tried both ? I am using OmniRom now but having issue with both of the menu and back buttons staying lit all the time. I might have to give Carbon a try.

deskSX

Nov 1, 2013
How does this compare to the OmniRom ? Has anyone tried both ? I am using OmniRom now but having issue with both of the menu and back buttons staying lit all the time. I might have to give Carbon a try.

just do it! I switched from Omni to Carbon, fits better to our device. Just regret, that just a few users are on it.
And the latest versions (April) are great in handling battery power!

Reactions: sapienta

jewnersey

Jul 25, 2010
Has anyone moved from pac-rom. I'm new to this device so few waters have been tested. Battery for me is 16% at 1 day 10 hours with about 7 hours screen on. Performance is solid and only issue has been that long press home doesn't activate recent apps... Although I am using omniswitch so it's no big deal.. How's that compare to carbon.

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
I'm pretty sure Carbon lets you dictate button actions, but I can't remember. I went straight from receiving my tablet onto Carbon, you're observed battery life sounds like its better than I have achieved. I usually get about 4 days use out of it, and about 5.5hrs SOT.

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
Has anyone moved from pac-rom. I'm new to this device so few waters have been tested. Battery for me is 16% at 1 day 10 hours with about 7 hours screen on. Performance is solid and only issue has been that long press home doesn't activate recent apps... Although I am using omniswitch so it's no big deal.. How's that compare to carbon.

Carbon has been the most trouble-free rom I have used on the n5110, and that's important since I use it for work. I don't feel a need to constantly flash, even though I am a flashaholic with my phone.

On all Kitkat roms I have used on the 8 as well as my phone (Note 2), I change the home button long press to have no function and to open recents with home button double tap. I usually turn on my tablet (and phone) with the home button and Kitkat roms always go straight to recents instead of just turning on the device unless I set the home button long press to no function. I think that this is a bug, but all of the kitkat roms I have tried do this.

cewrld

Aug 4, 2013
N5100 and n5110 are same devices except 3G support.
It would be good if we have n5100 of Carbon, we got PA, Slim, Omni, CM

cewrld

Aug 4, 2013
Did you try it on the n5100? Carbon uses Slim's kernel, so if it indeed does support the n5100 I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Does n5110 build have Messaging and Dialer? I believe it will be good if we have official Carbon support or at least unofficial test builds because call related issues are fixed in CM.

deskSX

Nov 1, 2013
anyone having problems with external keyboard? my belkin works great on stock but on carbon doesnt type any letter at all, but connects.
strange thing is: on stock a 4 letter code is asked, then it works, on carbon a 6 letter code is asked, enter key works, but then - no interaction.

please help, if someone knows a solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

****************** All links below this are UNOFFICIAL builds ******************

GAPPS
    CWM 6.0.4.4 w/ swipe - Heimdall
    TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery w/ working AROMA touch (N5110)

ROM Downloads:
    Initial Release
    Changes:
    -Initial Release

Jan 26th
    Changes:
    -Fix interface crashing
    -Fix back camera freezing

Feb 2nd
    Changes:
    -Fixed electron beam screen off animation
    -Upstream Sync

Feb 7th
    Changes:
    -Upstream Sync
    -Fully working camera

Sources:

Rom Sources
    My GitHub
    Kernel Sources
    Device Tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [N5110], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0

Contributors
    ryukiri
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2014-01-24
    Last Updated 2014-02-23
    Yes! Will flash and report right away!

Update: Took my time to test it, restore my apps, test them and mess a little with the options:

1.My micro SD 32gb works perfectly.
    2.Smooth ROM and good RAM usage.
    3.Packed with awesome features and I know there's more to come, CarbonRoms has A LOT of features.
    4.No issues at all restoring my apps with Titanium Backup.
    5.Stylus is working perfectly and this ROM has the Buttons settings for our device.

Two things I want to mention, they're not annoying and they do not break the ROM at all. ;)

*Interface option under Carbon Fibers crash, however given the fact that you guys are still merging those nice features I think it's kinda obvious. That's why I don't consider this annoying, nor ROM breaking, is just a work in progress. I thought I could mention this so no one get scare about it.

*This one is not even an issue is just a question, I use this device in landscape mode all the time, and every time I turn off the screen it rapidly rotates the screen before shutting down. There's no option for the effect to select or to turn it off, my question is: Is that one of the features to be added later within carbon fibers interface? I apologize, I used Carbon a lot with my N7 flo but I can't remember where that option was located.

I found out about that crash during my 2 minutes with this rom..I'm assuming its because of them not finished merging stuff yet. I also see multiwindow and halo both on their gerrit so I'm guessing they'll merge those when its stable :)

I'm not sure since I've never used Carbon before, but I think what you are talking about is describing the bug thats in all of our roms. Its just the animation right? if you turn the screen back on, it stays in landscape mode? Can't test it because I'm not using this rom right now

And also, not sure if you noticed yet, but the back camera doesn't take photos..I'm almost 100% sure CM broke something in the common device tree because the back camera works in omni, so right now I'm figuring that out and transferring all the files to our own common device tree instead of using the one shared by all the smdk devices.

Edit: Confirmed interface crash is due to a recent commit. Should be fixed soon.
    Reserved

How to Build this ROM

1) Setup Your Computer
    Stop at
    Code:
    $ mkdir ~/android
    $ cd ~/android

2) Download Source and Compile!
    Code:
    $ mkdir Carbon4.4
    $ cd Carbon4.4
    $ repo init -u https://github.com/CarbonDev/android.git -b kk
    $ repo sync
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ lunch (then select device from the list)
    $ make carbon

3) Wait till it finishes and grab the zip from the out directory.

*Note: Syncing the repo will take a long time (downloads about 15 gbs of source), depending on your internet speed.
    A N5100 version would be very nice :)

I believe @tejkkarani will be taking care of that...if any unexpected things occur then he'll contact me and i will release it.