[ROM][S Series][14.06.12] Virtuous Prime 9.4.2.28 v1

Search This thread

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
Well. I just donated 10.00 Euros (???) before I even did anything
based on how great you seem to be answering questions and helping.
I will admit, I'm a bit scared to make the jump! My Prime is rooted
and I did it using Viper's method.
Now, if you could just swing by my house and do it for me? lol
Actually, halfcab123 rooted my Thunderbolt remotely, ever thought
about that? I wonder, out of all the folks reading this thread, how
many just give up, feeling they can't do it...

Either way, I sure hope out of all these pages and pages of threads,
EVERYONE is donating as well!

Thank you :)
we are all scared flashing for the first time on a $500 product, but if you make a nand back up you have no worries

PapaSmurf6768

Jul 29, 2011
Well, it took me a couple tries to figure out the order to press the buttons to get to recovery, but I finally got there and installed. Thanks for bringing us a ROM diamondback!

Sent from my ROOTED Transformer Prime

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Well. I just donated 10.00 Euros (???) before I even did anything
based on how great you seem to be answering questions and helping.
I will admit, I'm a bit scared to make the jump! My Prime is rooted
and I did it using Viper's method.
Now, if you could just swing by my house and do it for me? lol
Actually, halfcab123 rooted my Thunderbolt remotely, ever thought
about that? I wonder, out of all the folks reading this thread, how
many just give up, feeling they can't do it...

Either way, I sure hope out of all these pages and pages of threads,
EVERYONE is donating as well!

Thank you :)

Hehe, thanks :)
Actually you need access to the Prime itself to flash it, so no way to do that remotely :p

lroby

Sep 29, 2007
Turin
Future OTA Asus updates to forget?

Hi all,
in this moment my Prime is still almost original (just rooted), and i wanna a lot to change rom for obtain 1.6ghz (and more when it will be possibile) with 4 cores at performance mode but i am afraid of doing it cause i just guessing how i will do next updates.. i think i can't to update from Asus anymore, right?
but if i make a backup of original ROM with Clockwork, i can to restore it when i wish, right?

Thanks in advance for removing my doubts

Robert from Italy

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
Hi all,
in this moment my Prime is still almost original (just rooted), and i wanna a lot to change rom for obtain 1.6ghz (and more when it will be possibile) with 4 cores at performance mode but i am afraid of doing it cause i just guessing how i will do next updates.. i think i can't to update from Asus anymore, right?
but if i make a backup of original ROM with Clockwork, i can to restore it when i wish, right?

Robert from Italy

When asus updates the next OTA (oh say version ending in 0.15) devs like Diamondback can cook that into the rom, so the next version of this rom would include the update that asus put out

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
Hi all,

Robert from Italy
No once you unlock bootloader and put on cwm you cant do OTA updates. Developers make them flashable through cwm and thats how you get the newest updates most developers just bake them into their roms and update their roms

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Hi all,

Robert from Italy

Even if you restore your "stock" backup... your still on a unlocked bootloader stock backup, & will not be able to OTA... but who cares if you're on a custom rom??

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

tedr108

Dec 3, 2011
Los Angeles area, CA
my mistake was to do like i did on my galaxy note... :(

This is understandable...
It is confusing to hear about and see "sdcard" on the Prime. I mean, who thought of naming the internal memory "sdcard"?
I actually was a little confused about this myself.

Lesson learned (and this is something I typically do): Before I do the full wipe, I choose Install zip from sdcard and make sure my ROM or other zip is visible, then I go do the wipe! (It is so easy to copy to a wrong directory or whatever.)

Anyway, you will be able to do this with adb ... it's a little work, but just do what the others advised. All is not lost!

Last edited:
Reactions: aprt

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
It is confusing to hear about and see "sdcard" on the Prime. I mean, who thought of naming the internal memory "sdcard"?

Lesson learned (and this is something I typically do): Before I do the full wipe, I choose Install zip from sdcard and make sure my ROM or other zip is visible, then I go do the wipe! (It is so easy to copy to a wrong directory or whatever.)

Anyway, you will be able to do this with adb ... it's a little work, but just do what the others advised. All is not lost!

probably because android is designed to put all data for new apps, pictures, etc in the directory sdcard. This is good for phones which usually come with an sdcard (or you atleast get one).. but for the prime that comes with such large internal storage, you do not need an sdcard.. so maybe the solution is to name the internal storage directory sdcard so there is no confusion within the android files.

thats my best guess

Reactions: aprt

aprt

Apr 24, 2005
Oporto

already have the sdk from google and adb... when i try to use adb devices, says no devices found.... ok
no drivers for Full Android on Emulator, but the question is... i already installed the drivers and they are in the google usb folder... so why don't it works ?

scataldo721

Dec 30, 2010
Well this may be the dumbest question in xda history but once in CWM recovery what do you use to select or is this the touch version? I have only used cwm on phones with track balls therefore the only way ik how to select an option is clicking the trackball so could so mine help me out and tell me how to select options in cwm?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

stephen44

Dec 4, 2010
Well this may be the dumbest question in xda history but once in CWM recovery what do you use to select or is this the touch version? I have only used cwm on phones with track balls therefore the only way ik how to select an option is clicking the trackball so could so mine help me out and tell me how to select options in cwm?

volume up down to move and power to select

V2 loaded - running great !!!!

Reactions: scataldo721

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ

Volume keys for up and down. Power for select

Edit : damn I was beaten :p

Reactions: scataldo721

--a3pz0--

Feb 11, 2010
have i to do a full wipe when coming from beta1?

thanks

Last edited:

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
Usb debugging must be turned on...under Settings | Developer options

I believe he is stuck in cwm without a rom installed or in his sdcard

To who he quoted : make sure you are in cwm

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

have i to do i full wipe when coming from beta1?

thanks

No you do not. Flash over

Diversion

Mar 2, 2010
After flashing this rom my device just reboots right back into recovery.. does it everytime now.

I don't know how to get it to boot back into the rom instead of recovery :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s-series.png

Virtuous Prime

Welcome to Virtuous Prime. This is a pretty much stock build of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with tweaks and optimization's by the Virtuous Team.

Virtuous Prime is the result of a collaborative team effort by the following developers:

Virtuous S-Series

S-Series ROM's are pretty close to stock, with basic optimisations and tweaks. This series is designed for people who rely on their device 24/7 and are not looking for the latest and greatest features. These ROM's will only be updated if and when an official release is announced.
    We also encourage people to use these stable builds as bases for their own ROM's.

More information can be found on our Blog.

Screen Shots

prime1_small.png

Features

• Virtuous S Series
    • Based on the lastest ASUS release (WW 9.4.2.28)
    • Deodexed
    • Fully zipaligned
    • De-bloated
    • Rooted
    • Stock kernel
    • Optimized for fluid performance and usability.
    • Included 1.6Ghz OC (more on that below)

Changelog

The changelog can be found here.

Other Stuff

Credits
    • AndroidRoot.mobi for the CWM port
    • Asus for their great device
    • pats4life for giving my life purpose
    • mtotho for keeping me busy

Useful Information

I changed the behaivior of the internal Power Modes.
    The Normal mode button now activates the 1.6Ghz mode.
    So you don't have to use any other apps anymore. Just boost your CPU via the built in Quicksettings. :)

Tutorial on how to recover your bricked Prime (maybe)

Installation modes

Here's a list what gets installed with the different types:

Typical
    • AppLocker.apk
    • AsusReader.apk
    • AWS.apk
    • BatteryWidget.apk
    • DataBackup.apk
    • DeskClock.apk
    • EmailWidget.apk
    • FileManager2.apk
    • MEar.apk
    • MyCloud.apk
    • MyNet.apk
    • MyZine.apk
    • PixWe.apk
    • StrAsus.apk
    • Supernote.apk
    • Talk.apk
    • Vibe2.apk
    • Weather.apk

Full
    • Galaxy4.apk
    • GenieWidget.apk
    • GlowballDemoInstaller.apk
    • HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
    • Kindle-OEM.apk
    • MyWater.apk
    • MyWater2.apk
    • NVIDIATegraZone.apk
    • PRAndroid.apk
    • talkback.apk
    • ZinioReader.apk
    • ZinioSettingsProvider.apk

Minimal
    • Everything else

Instructions

• Make sure your Prime is unlocked and you have CWM installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
    • Shut down the prime
    • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
    • Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
    • The device now boots into your CWM recovery
    • Make a backup of your current ROM
    • Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (optional but highly recommended)
    • Then flash the rom zip as usual

Downloads

Make sure you do a full wipe (aka "wipe data/factory reset" in CWM) before flashing this!!!

Please note that the ROM needs to settle down after the flash so give it at least 10 minutes after booting to reach the normal speed and smoothness!!!

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​
    Check out our forums
    Additional stuff

• Removed LiveWallpapers: Download (This is not a flashable zip!!! Just extract and install the apk you want!)
    New version is currently in testing process.
    I just released Virtuous Prime 9.4.2.21 v1 based on the latest OTA.
    Have fun :)
    Okay guys, I just posted the update to 9.4.2.15 v1 :)
    have fun, should be working all fine now :)

And a big thanks to my brave beta testers :)

Changelog is here