Samsung GT-S7562 S duos / What you need [ Root | CWM | Updating | Rom ]

Search This thread

Dragon122333

Jun 7, 2013
Tks, I've done it.

The problem was a flag inside the settings, something like "install application from market only".

GT

Oh, ok
Go to settings -> security -> Unknown sources and check it
the phone blocks the instaltion from all sites except Play store for security, you just need to disable that setting :p

Last edited:
Reactions: GIOTNT

criska

Jul 24, 2013
Mumbai
New Rom

Note : This is based on the first post, so make sure that you have done the first 12 steps of post #1 ( that talks about installing Cwm recovery ) to be able to use/understand this ->

1. Place the rom In your Phone's external sd Card
2.Turn off Your device
3. Go to CWM Recovery ( VOl_UP + Vol_Down + Home + Power button )
4. I suggest you to make a back up if you have an external sd card ( a single back up can go up to 1GB )
5.Go to Wipe Data Factory reset and choose it, now Choose Yes, now wait (every thing will be deleted, you can download helium awesome app and doesn't rly needs root)
6. Go to Wipe Cache -> Yes -> wait
7. Now go to Advanced -> Wipe dalvik cache -> Yes -> wait

only for pmp light users : advanced -> wipe battery stats

8. now Install zip from sd card ->
Choose zip from sd card -> choose the rom -> Yes -> wait

9. Now hit : Reboot system now
10. First boot may take some times, pls have some patient

s7562 RoM LiSt :
Kyle open ROM By CheatMan

PMP Light ROM ( Modded stock ) By Mohitash

HYD52 ROM by husen4u

Please If you have uploaded / found any new rom, message me with the link :)

new rom +1
http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=43722004..

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

nice :laugh:

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro
PMP Ultra ROM v1

Note : This is based on the first post, so make sure that you have done the first 12 steps of post #1 ( that talks about installing Cwm recovery ) to be able to use/understand this ->

2.Turn off Your device

4. I suggest you to make a back up if you have an external sd card ( a single back up can go up to 1GB )

5.Go to Wipe Data Factory reset and choose it, now Choose Yes, now wait (every thing will be deleted, you can download helium awesome app and doesn't rly needs root)

8. now Install zip from sd card -> Choose zip from sd card -> choose the rom -> Yes -> wait

s7562 ROM list :

HYD52ROM (MIUI Themed) / HYD52ROM (Glossy THEMED) by husen4u

PMP Ultra ROM v1 is online! ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45136437

Cheers
Mohitash

Reactions: Dragon122333

Mohitash

Aug 8, 2012
Panchkula, Chandigarh
OnePlus 7 Pro

2.Turn off Your device

8. now Install zip from sd card -> Choose zip from sd card -> choose the rom -> Yes -> wait

s7562 ROM list :

PMP Ultra ROM by Mohitash

PMP Light ROM and PMP Ultra ROM both are different.

Had to update "recovery.tar"

I had upgraded my S Duos to the latest stock version. Maybe that was why, while rooting my GT-7562, i encountered an error while trying to import the recovery file "recovery.tar".

I solved it by copying the recovery file from some other post, (honestly, i have forgotten where i found it!!!). I was able to root without any further problems.
I cannot post the link because i still havent reached 10 posts! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post. It was the first time i was rooting an android device, and it feels great!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

GalaxySDuos

Aug 31, 2013
Redmi Note 9
Hi to all of you,this is my first post in forums:)

I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy S Duos(about a month a go)and i am very pleased with this phone.

I am not interested in games,much applications etc,just using viber,maps and 3-4 other applications that i need.

Now,i rooted my phone succesfully last week(with UnlockRootPro)and now i want to install KyleOPEN ROM v3.4.0 and i have some questions

1.I am Greek so i use the greek language in my phone,when i 'll flash with the new ROM,the use of Greek will be able?

2.I m using the app External 2 Internal,but i m not sure tha works right.I mean,i havent seen any app really installed in my external SD.Does this app effects the installation of the new ROM?

3.My baseband version is S7562XXBM4,that means that first i have to flash the XXBM6 and then the new ROM?

4.Is available the stock theme for this ROM,because i really like the stock appearence(in menu)of the phone:eek:

Thanks for any response and suggestion,nice to meet you all here :good:

Dragon122333

Jun 7, 2013
Hi to all of you,this is my first post in forums:)

I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy S Duos(about a month a go)and i am very pleased with this phone.

I am not interested in games,much applications etc,just using viber,maps and 3-4 other applications that i need.

Now,i rooted my phone succesfully last week(with UnlockRootPro)and now i want to install KyleOPEN ROM v3.4.0 and i have some questions

1.I am Greek so i use the greek language in my phone,when i 'll flash with the new ROM,the use of Greek will be able?

2.I m using the app External 2 Internal,but i m not sure tha works right.I mean,i havent seen any app really installed in my external SD.Does this app effects the installation of the new ROM?

3.My baseband version is S7562XXBM4,that means that first i have to flash the XXBM6 and then the new ROM?

4.Is available the stock theme for this ROM,because i really like the stock appearence(in menu)of the phone:eek:

Thanks for any response and suggestion,nice to meet you all here :good:

Hi, sorry for late reply

1. it should be there, unless he removed which i don't think.
2.use link2sd, and links apps. others won't work in our phone
3.yes, you should follow every thing in his thread
4.yes, it is :)

Dragon122333

Jun 7, 2013
I had upgraded my S Duos to the latest stock version. Maybe that was why, while rooting my GT-7562, i encountered an error while trying to import the recovery file "recovery.tar".

I solved it by copying the recovery file from some other post, (honestly, i have forgotten where i found it!!!). I was able to root without any further problems.
I cannot post the link because i still havent reached 10 posts! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post. It was the first time i was rooting an android device, and it feels great!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glad i could help :) post the link when you can

Alternative:Framaroot

:D:D:D

Btw, there's a tool called Framaroot by alephzain:
HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1952450&d=1368232060

I have rooted a Galaxy Grand Quattro and a Galaxy Core using that tool. Someone should test it out on S Duos.

HTML:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

If it works, you should probably add this method to your post.

GalaxySDuos

Aug 31, 2013
Redmi Note 9
Hi, sorry for late reply

1. it should be there, unless he removed which i don't think.
2.use link2sd, and links apps. others won't work in our phone
3.yes, you should follow every thing in his thread
4.yes, it is :)

Thanks for your reply Dragon:eek: Yesterday i installed the KyleOpen ROM 3.4 and i am very pleased with the perfomance(faster with no lags)of my phone.Thanks also goes to cheatman for his perfect job with the ROM.Now two things:

Well even if i have flashed my phone with the official Samsung XXBM6 and then with the KyleOpen ROM,i still have S7562XXBM4 as baseband:cyclops: but everything works perfect.

2.Is there a way to see my wallpaper(and not the black backround)in the page of the apps? Also,when i had the stock ROM,when i swaped my finger in tha spacebar of the keyboard,i managed to change the language between greek and english.Now i cant do that,the only way is to hold spacebar and then appears the menu of language input that let me input the language i want.Maybe i have to flash in CWM the stock keyboard of Samsung?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-05-19-57-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-19-57-40.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 88

Dragon122333

Jun 7, 2013
Thanks for your reply Dragon:eek: Yesterday i installed the KyleOpen ROM 3.4 and i am very pleased with the perfomance(faster with no lags)of my phone.Thanks also goes to cheatman for his perfect job with the ROM.Now two things:

Well even if i have flashed my phone with the official Samsung XXBM6 and then with the KyleOpen ROM,i still have S7562XXBM4 as baseband:cyclops: but everything works perfect.

2.Is there a way to see my wallpaper(and not the black backround)in the page of the apps? Also,when i had the stock ROM,when i swaped my finger in tha spacebar of the keyboard,i managed to change the language between greek and english.Now i cant do that,the only way is to hold spacebar and then appears the menu of language input that let me input the language i want.Maybe i have to flash in CWM the stock keyboard of Samsung?

You need a new keyboard. I suggest Google keyboard (same UI but with settings) about the app drawer you also need a new launcher :) like nova, apex, go, solo launcher. And change it in their settings

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -> -> I own only the credit of the explanation <- <-
    Warning, This will void your warranty, i am not responsible for any thing you do with your phone
    Only for s7562
    Rooting Tutorials

method 1 :

Files are from Droidser

This method will root your phone and will give you CWM recovery which are going to go in later,

1.You will need samsung drivers, you can get these from Samsung kies (just intall it) or from here

2.Download the s7562 Rooting Kit (the link is hosted by droidser too)

3.Extract The kit, and open Odin, You can get a later version of odin from here. see Image 1

4.Click on PDA and choose The Recovery.tar, see image 2

5.Now Let's go to our device,
    a. Go to developer option, now Hit ok and Check USB debugging if it is not
    b.Put Cwm_SuperSU or Cwm_SuperUser, Only choose one
    c.Turn your device off and boot it in downloading/download mod ( Turn it off, and Hold Vol_Down & Home & Power until you see light coming out from the device ( When you feel it booted ) and then you should see a warning, just ignore it and click Vol_Up ). should be something like image 3.

6.Now connect your android To your pc that has Odin, if done every thing correctly You should see The windows downloading drivers or Odin that printed : Com:****

7.Make sure to Have : Auto Reboot & F. Reset time & Pda Checkedd after you done Step 5 & 6. see image 4

8.Remove the back Cover of your phone ( you must do that )

9.Now Click on START in odin

10. You should see a Blue bar in the downloading / Download mod in your device

11. keep watching it, till it finishes

12.When it finishes, Your device has to reboot, Just When you see the samsung logo, Remove your battery :)
    Now to the easy part

13.Remove the Usb from your device, and reinsert battery

14.Now you changed Your Stock_Recovery, With CWM_Recovery. Now you want to go to your new recovery, by pressing Vol_Down & Vol_Up & Home & Power release when you see samsung logo. You should see something like image 5 ( Version might be diffrent ).

Note : Your touch won't work here, Move with your Vol_Up / Vol_down and choose with Home button and go back with back button :p

15. Now i suggest you to make a backup if you have an external Sdcard, if not just skip :)

16. now choose " Install Zip from sdCard " and Go to Choose zip from Sdcard Or From internal sd Card ( Depends on where you put your Cwm_SUperuser)

17. now Go to where you have put your CWM_Superuser / Cwm_SuperSU. and click on The Home, and click yes and now wait a bit,

18. Now go back and choose Reboot System now

if you want to remove the triangle Download RootTriangleAway From XDA or PlayStore (The app is Free, but Please buy it, to support the developer ;) )

Now you are rooted :) :victory::victory::victory:

This is another CWM Recovery, if the first one didn't work for you it was posted by vikassaini01 Thx for Androidnoob1961 and Mohitash for posting this

And Therer is KyleOpen Recovery ( It's a cwm recovery but does not support installing from Ext_SdCard )

Method 2 (This won't install Cwm But will root your phone )

Go to unlockroot.com and download Unlock Root pro ( The blue one )
    Now install it ( it will install 2 apps one that needs a key and one doesn't )
    Open it and connect your device ( Have usb debugging on ) without closing ( do not turn off your device )

Click on Root and Than it will ask you if you want to install PowerSaving app, make your selection
    Than it will ask you to reboot system click Yes/Ok

Now you are rooted :victory::victory::victory:
    if you want to get CWM follow steps 1 -> 12

This method will not Work for all :( but Give it a shot :)

i changed the method of the explanition a bit, THank me if i helped you

Link Summary

Samsung kies : http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
    Droidzer Rooting kit : http://d-h.st/BtL
    Another Cwm : http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1384777&d=1349682668

Note : if you want your warranty back, you will have to remove the Triangle (if you have) (Method 2 doesn't give you a triangle) with triangle away and Then : Flash a new BaseRom from samsung update (any one should work) and Root / cwm_recovery will be gone and you will get your warranty back :D

( See post 2 for Installing a rom / and 3 for Updating the phone )
    How to Install a ROM

2.Turn off Your device

s7562 ROM list :

PMP Ultra ROM by Mohitash

SilverNexus ROM by SilverDragon24

COSMIC ROM by abhi922

S Duos Google Play Edition by gkostas

HyperX™ ROM by charles1111
    Tweaks/Mods :

PMP™ Xtreme Purity MOD

Battery Mods

Modded Stock Camera

Collection Of Bootanimations

Lockscreen Swipe Effects

Xperia Z Flavor/Xperia Z Mod

Transparent Music Player Widgets

All by Mohitash

Ah Follow the instructions given in this thread.. (at your own risk)

Ohh.. Where are you, S Duos users..?

Like many others.. I too have requested to create a forum for the device, Samsung galaxy S Duos..But it can't be possible without your support .. So.. Please please Press the THANKS button to show the support.!

Click HERE to see the request Post

Don't Forget a THANKS

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    How to Upgrade

Method 1 :

Go to Your Recovery ( VOL Down, VOL up, Home, Power )

Make sure to have a backup, Now go to wipe data factory reset, and wipe cache

Go to Download mode ( Make sure USB Debugging is checked )

Open odin and Click on PDA (and Choose the update it should be like this : *********.tar.md5 )

Do not change any odin setting

Click on start

And let the device reboot normaly, and now You succesfully Updated Your android :)

Please Note that most of s7562 requires you to Upgrade your ROM ( Android )

Method 2 :

Download and install UnlockFlash for samsung

Once again, check "USB Debugging" ( settings > developer options )

Keep the phone running, Open unlock flash -> follow instructions -> Done :D
    1. Turn off Your device
    2. Place the rom In your Phone's external sd Card
    5. Now Make sure you have a backup, Go to Wipe Data Factory reset and choose it, now Choose Yes, now wait
    10. First boot may take some times, pls be have some patient

s7562 RoM LiSt :

HYD52 ROM by husen4u

If you have uploaded / Found any new rom. Please message me with the link, and if it's not tested i will test it, and then i will Add it to the list :)

Hey mate thanks for this ;)
    But you must correct it...
    1. Place the rom In your Phone's internal sd Card
    2. Turn off Your device
    3. Go to CWM........

SOLVED :)

:good: :D