Had my G2 12 days now and battery life has improved immensely. First 3-4 days the battery life was depressing..worse than my prior S4 (which was reasonable) but now it is stellar!
For example I used it all day yesterday processing "Square" credit card payments for my wife's craft business and some playing around when bored and it had 77% left by 6pm.
Scratching my head to decide what I did to improve the battery life ;
1) "re-enabled" the majority of apps I disabled.
Possibly I had disabled some apps/processes that caused battery drain because they were needed by another process (no real proof here, just speculating)?. Now I just "hide" the bloatware apps in the app drawer.
2) Used it for 4 days in "airplane" mode for a backpacking trip as a camera and minimum wifi activity. Did this help condition battery (assume not)?
3) the evening before my backpacking adventure I decided to Factory Reset. Used the LG backup software, transferred the backup to my Mac, factory reset, transferred back, reinstalled backup.
4) Rooted...but only thing I now have removed is the City ID ripoff/garbage app.
5) removed a battery power manager app I typically used.
Not to false facts but I am GUESSING the real solution for my setup was the Factory Reset?
(side note: really liking the LG UI...the 5x5 grid helps a lot which was the main reason I used the Nova Launcher on prior android phones - kinda miss the lack of gestures but can live with out that. Ability to change icon to a photo is nice feature))