[Q] creating zooper widgets on desktop?

Search This thread

droidhackzor

Apr 28, 2011
Downers Grove
i have been using zooper widget pro for a while now and i've been wondering if it's possible to create these widgets on a desktop for ease of configurations and so on? i searched for a thread on this but came up with people referring to the phone desktop not a desktop PC/mac/nix machine. possibly using android studio? i know that android studio is used to package your sets/widgets into apk format but it would help some of us who wish to develop more widgets for zooper if we could use the desktop for speed purposes.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reactions: BienDroid
i have been using zooper widget pro for a while now and i've been wondering if it's possible to create these widgets on a desktop for ease of configurations and so on? i searched for a thread on this but came up with people referring to the phone desktop not a desktop PC/mac/nix machine. possibly using android studio? i know that android studio is used to package your sets/widgets into apk format but it would help some of us who wish to develop more widgets for zooper if we could use the desktop for speed purposes.

I searched for the very same thing. I don't think you can because in virtual environment you don't have access to the sensors of a device. I could be entirely wrong! But I've tried creating a virtualBox android and the app will not install on it.

But .. I'm assuming that you're wishing to do this because it gets cumbersome to just sit on the phone and do it. Correct? If this is the cause there are three options for you. One is paid the other two are free. The paid one is VMLite VNC Server and you run that on your phone and connect to your phone using any VNC client. The first free one is Mobizen for the phone part and the PC part you have to get the Mobizen beta PC client. And the second free option is WiFi Keyboard + Screen Capture, just read the description in the Play Store. The second is a bit tricky to set up. I had to play around with it for 20 or so minutes and have had the best luck being on USB with it although it will work WiFi.

I hope this gets you further to where you want to be!

Henderson42

Jun 23, 2013
glasgow
Having saw this post and tried both methods I couldn't deal with the lag so I used another method. I made a tutorial about it here if either if you are still interested.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I searched for the very same thing. I don't think you can because in virtual environment you don't have access to the sensors of a device. I could be entirely wrong! But I've tried creating a virtualBox android and the app will not install on it.

But .. I'm assuming that you're wishing to do this because it gets cumbersome to just sit on the phone and do it. Correct? If this is the cause there are three options for you. One is paid the other two are free. The paid one is VMLite VNC Server and you run that on your phone and connect to your phone using any VNC client. The first free one is Mobizen for the phone part and the PC part you have to get the Mobizen beta PC client. And the second free option is WiFi Keyboard + Screen Capture, just read the description in the Play Store. The second is a bit tricky to set up. I had to play around with it for 20 or so minutes and have had the best luck being on USB with it although it will work WiFi.

I hope this gets you further to where you want to be!
    Having saw this post and tried both methods I couldn't deal with the lag so I used another method. I made a tutorial about it here if either if you are still interested.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app