[Q] Chrome Remote Desktop

Search This thread

loperdwb

Sep 29, 2013
Jelm
On my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 running the offcial CyanogenMod M8 release the Chrome Remote Desktop app worked fine. After upgrading to M9 the tablet screen goes to black after connecting, and then flickers showing the desktop as I move the mouse. Should anything be wiped when performing an upgrade? Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I can't post in the original development forum.

kitchin

Feb 28, 2011
happens on multiple computers

I have the same issue on the night lies as well. Tried factory wipes and app reinstalls to no change. Sorry no fix on my end

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
First, just post in some random off topic threads and then you can post in development forums.

Second, I think someone had similar problems that were caused by dirty flashing from a newer nightly to M9. Try doing a factory reset and not restoring anything to see if that fixes the problem.

loperdwb

Sep 29, 2013
Jelm
Chrome remote desktop

Thank you both for the reply. I went straight from M8 to M9, no nightlies. I tried a factory reset with TWRP, installed only M9, gapps and Chrome remote desktop with the same result. Then I restored my backup so everything is functional. I'll try it again and capture logs and perhaps post in the right forum.

loperdwb

Sep 29, 2013
Jelm
I flash the 2014-08-24 nightly over my M8 install and the problem with chrome remote desktop is not there. Everything else seems fine. Good enough for me.