New EURO Firmware - P1000XXJM6 - UPDATED

Search This thread

manicser

Apr 1, 2009
Chisinau
My tab (GT-P1000, euro version) is totally bricked :(.

During firmware upgrade my computer restarted and now the tab does not switch on or enter download mode, black screen only.

Can someone point me to a solution? Rtm is not an option for me.

Eltahur

Nov 16, 2010
Boston
This is a new Tab firmware that just leaked out (P1000XXJM6)

Hey clubtech, thanks for posting this. I got it working but i have to say, the tab is not as fast or as smooth as it was with JK5.

Question, can I go back to JK5 now that I flashed JM6? If so, how do i do it.

Thanks a ton.

Edit: for some reason after I rooted and restarted several times the tab has become far more responsive and yes the browser is WAY better. Not going back to jk5. Thanks again clubtech! You've made my whole galaxy tab experience way awesome!

Justin^Tan

Jul 14, 2010
about the browser, which one smoother? stock browser or dolphin HD now?
gallery still bugged?

@clubtech
thanks for the answer, im downloading the one in this post now :D

jstuart83

Dec 11, 2007
Clinton, MS
hey guys i want to give this a try but looking at the files from the updated file on page one they are labled modem, code, and csc i assume that the modem refers to the phone and code refers to pda is this correct? Also there is no dialer with the verizon tablet is there a way to add one or when i do the update will it be installed?

Last edited:

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
hey guys i want to give this a try but looking at the files from the updated file on page one they are labled modem, code, and csc i assume that the modem refers to the phone and code refers to pda is this correct? Also there is no dialer with the verizon tablet is there a way to add one or when i do the update will it be installed?

- - - - - - - - - - > S T O P ! < - - - - - - - - - - -

This isn't for a Verizon unit. It will never work for the Verizon unit. There will never be a way to do voice on the Verizon unit unless Verizon decides to let it happen.

The Verizon unit is a CDMA device, the internal hardware is different than the GSM Tab in Europe, and if you flash this you're in for real trouble.

I hope for your sake it's not too late.

Last edited:

jstuart83

Dec 11, 2007
Clinton, MS
thanks for the info, no i haven't tried this yet, from what i can gather there is no way to put the JM6 firmware on a verizon tablet is this correct?

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
thanks for the info, no i haven't tried this yet, from what i can gather there is no way to put the JM6 firmware on a verizon tablet is this correct?

Correct. Even if somebody hacks in a working dialer and voice bits for a CDMA Tab (VZW, Sprint), you'd need to find some way to get Verizon or Sprint to provision your unique Tab ESN for both voice and data, which they won't do, ever.

procarion

Jan 14, 2010
Berlin
www.freifunk-teltow.de
Hi Steve,

You shouldn't have any issues flashing it.

Make a note of your current firmware version (Dial *#1234#) Check for the software for your device model and follow the guides directly.

When you say working browser, I assume you're on about the useragent issue with full sites?

If that's all you are worried about, JJ4 seems to fix that which is a straight forward flash. If you're new to flashing, I'd advise you to flash JJ4 then JK5 for the time being.
Ahoy risq and thanks for that quick reply!
My *#1234# screen says
PDA P1000BUJI4
PHONE P1000BUJI3
CSC P1000VD2JI1
Is that really a valid precondition?

Sorry for asking double twice, i am just afraid that Vodafone uses some messed setup for the tab. I read here that there was a greek Vodafone user who flashed successfully but i don't know if there's differences between Vodafone GER and GRE.

Thanks again!
Steve.

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
+1 for a solution as well as i can't doo any of those things.......

To root it, use SuperOneClick: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682 (z4root doesn't work yet)

To fix your market easily, use Eris Market fix: http://www.appbrain.com/app/eris-market-fix-free/net.andirc.erismarketfix
(make sure you have busybox installed. There's a bug in the code. I wrote the author about it, but I don't know if he fixed it . Busybox doesn't get installed with SuperOneClick. You can download it from the market)

Volker1

Jul 31, 2009
For the record, I diffed the old and new JM6 firmware. The actual phone firmwares are identical.

The old one contains a new primary and secondary boot loader, which is somewhat dangerous to flash and can brick your device if it goes wrong. The new one divides the firmware images in CODE/CSC/MODEM and contains the new new Odin in the zip archive.

To summarize, if you flashed the old JM6 already and it works fine, keep it. If you haven't, flash the new JM6. If you use heimdall, you can use either one as the actual firmware is the same :D

Edit: Oh yes, the new version contains dbdata.rfs as well which was not present in the old one.

Last edited:

doloop

Nov 13, 2007
Flashed the new jm6 firmware without too much trouble.

my procedure was:

Backup applications:
downloaded samsung usb drivers only pack.
put sgt in usb debug mode
apply superoneclickroot 1.5.5 (donated 1$)
installed titanium backup free
hit solve problem to download a new busybox
backup my user application through appropriate batch job

power off the sgt
hit home, vol down, power button to get download mode.
loaded odin 1.7. with the files in the right places:
code -> pda
modem -> phone
csc -> csc
pit -> pit
unplug, replugged the sgt so odin could find it.
Hit start, dont touch anything untill sgt reboot

1st boot is slow, wait patiently

I had a lot of force close:
So i power off the sgt
hit home, vol up, power button to enter recovery mode
choose factory reset, wipe data (with volume button, home to confirm):
I had to insist multiple time with home button, at least wipe data was applied.
Then reboot to android welcome menu
enter basic information
root again using previous superoneclickroot procedure. (once rooted, my keyboard becomes slughish: reboot SGt to fix it)
installed titanium backup again,
restored my user application using batch job.

install spare parts, redo the compatibility mode trick.

And voila !

o_tiger

Mar 19, 2010
Zürich
ODIN Filemapping

Bout to try this, the PIT obviously goes in the pit, and CSC goes in CSC, but where do i put code & modem? So excited to see this so easy to do now! Can't wait for a better browser.

PIT = P1_SMD_MAP.pit
PDA = CODE_P1000XXJM6.tar.md5
PHONE = MODEM_P1000XXJM6.tar.md5
CSC = CSC_P1000OXAJM6.tar.md5

EDIT: Worked fine! :) YEAH!

Last edited:

risq

Oct 25, 2010
Basingstoke
Can you revert to JJ4 with the JM6 version 2, that is the question that needs answering.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

p_hsieh

Dec 8, 2005
Great on China Mobile

This one is great (I flashed the old ROM), improvement other then better browser and smoothness that I see are:
1) Email able to accept/decline meeting invitations, yeah! I no longer need Roadsync nor Touchdown now.

2) It automatically configures both GPRS/EDGE and MMS for my China Mobile SIM card.

3) I used to not be able to receive calls when on EDGE data, so I was considering switching to China Unicomm which has WCDMA, now it appears I can receive calls with EDGE.

Others to report:

1) I had to flash dbdata.rfs after flashing the ROM for the phone to boot. I was flashing from JK5. (which was flashed originally from JJ3, to JJ5, to JK5)

2) Since I used to need Roadsync or Touchdown, it appeared (my guess) my com.android.phone would crash with a huge phone book everytime I receive a call, now that I only connect with my Mail2Web professional exchange with one phone book only, the problem doesn't seem to happen anymore. (I dont' sync with Google. I use Plaxo on the server side to sync with Google, then Plaxo syncs with my desktop Outlook, then desktop Outlook syncs with Mail2Web exchange server, then Mail2Web exchange server syncs with Glaxy Tab.)
3) I also used Superoneclick to root the phone, however, the Enable Market feature didn't seem to work. I had to install Market Enabler after rooting, clear the data in Market, then I can finally download 'Kindle for Android'. Now I am home free!

I am at the moment, happy. Before this, I was considering selling the Glaxy Tab (I gave my iPad 3G to my son already!)

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are flashing the below at YOUR OWN RISK

This is only for the Euro version, at&t version, T-mobile version or any other GSM version of the Tab. this is NOT for any CDMA version.

This is a new Tab firmware that just leaked out (P1000XXJM6)

So far the know pros are:

1) THE BROWSER IF FINALLY FIXED! it is very smooth even with flash. i am very impressed.
    2) Users are reporting new widgets.
    3) The drop down drawer is smoother.
    4) New readers hub
    5) tweaked email client
    6) better camera focus?
    7) ROM feels very smooth.

Update 11/29/2010

This is an updated package which should be safer to flash via Odin.
    All credits are going to Richthofen who compiled this package for us.

As it seems that original package posted in this thread was not intended to be flashed via Odin.
    Samsung has introduced a new FW programming method which also supports the upcoming phones. I don´t know if it is already supported by the newest Kies version.
    The new format is basically the same as Odin only smarter with a few tricks and more stable.

Richthofen has prepared a new package for us that is flashable via Odin and should work much better with less problems.

Below are the download links and instructions for everything you need to flash P1000XXJM6.

1) Download the the file HERE and extract the it
    2) Inside the ZIP you will find Odin 1.7 + PIT file + PDA +Modem + CSC files.
    3) Open Odin, select the PIT file + PDA + Modem + CSC into their respective places.
    4) Make sure repartition is CHECKED.
    5) put the phone in download mode and connect it to your computer. start flashing.
    6) The device will reboot. If you are getting tons of FC's on boot, reboot into recovery and do a factory reset.

Done.

** You can root using SuperOneClick method. Other methods do not work at this time.
    **If you are on at&t and using the at&t model, please reflash the Bell modem to gain 850Mhz back.
    just flashed, browser MUCH better , smooth scrolling on engadget :).
    You need to flash dbdata from this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9305891&postcount=1
    I just selected the PIT file and started, no other files.

It then came straight back to life ;)
    I needed to edit the build.prop file manually to change the density.

So what have U done - where can i find build.prop and what do U have changed? Thanx for helping me!
    So I flashed this on to my AT&T tab.

It's werid tho, during boot, the AT&T flash blinked quickly twice, then the screen stays dark.

30 Seconds later I can see the 4 touch buttons light up an then I am able to use the power button to turn on the screen.

So it works, but no samsung boot animation and I Have to power on the screen myself....

Is this normal?

EDIT: Also, when I boot into recovery, it's just a blank screen although "adb devices" says the device is there and in recovery mode.

I had stupidly installed the beta clockwork recovery, but flashed back to the stock AT&T firmware that was just posted to try and remove it. After I flashed back to the stock AT&T formware, I was able to see the recovery screen just fine. I re-flashed JF6 but now I can't see boot animation or recovery screen.

Any ideas how to fix this?

-James

Seems like you came straight from an at&t stock firmware which is not good.
    You need need to have come from a EURO firmware like JJ4 BEFORE flashing this.
    Try to flash JJ4 without repartition and then upgrade back to this one.
    I hope it will solve the issue.