Everything S-OFF - Think tank, General information, Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wadill

May 29, 2011
Myrtle Beach S.C.
I think our process over in dexters thread can work. If we were able to get it there. I'm no dev though and can't hex edit, but I think it can work.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
I think our process over in dexters thread can work. If we were able to get it there. I'm no dev though and can't hex edit, but I think it can work.

You can't s off that way. S off isn't stored in hboot. You can use it to unbrick though...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wadill

May 29, 2011
Myrtle Beach S.C.
You can't s off that way. S off isn't stored in hboot. You can use it to unbrick though...

OK I know you know more about this than me... What I was thinking was possibly rewriting some partition and injecting it along with the hboot.

Just trying to throw around ideas. I definitely need to read through the trial and errors of finding the security flag on the amaze.

Dexter, would an eng hboot allow fast boot commands with s-on?? Or could injecting a hacked hboot allow it??

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
OK I know you know more about this than me... What I was thinking was possibly rewriting some partition and injecting it along with the hboot.

Just trying to throw around ideas. I definitely need to read through the trial and errors of finding the security flag on the amaze.

Dexter, would an eng hboot allow fast boot commands with s-on?? Or could injecting a hacked hboot allow it??

Nope. Not possible. None of the above. There are signature checks when you are s on.. if you managed to put there eng/custom hboot, the device wouldn't boot at all...

Reactions: wadill

wadill

May 29, 2011
Myrtle Beach S.C.
Nope. Not possible. None of the above. There are signature checks when you are s on.. if you managed to put there eng/custom hboot, the device wouldn't boot at all...

OK forget that then.... What about finding what partition security flag is in and modifying that and then replace?? I know people have tried to identify that with no luck, but let's just say is it theoretically possible?

Just trying to think of a way seeing as we can write to emmc now.

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
OK forget that then.... What about finding what partition security flag is in and modifying that and then replace?? I know people have tried to identify that with no luck, but let's just say is it theoretically possible?

Just trying to think of a way seeing as we can write to emmc now.

That's what they've been trying to do, I don't think they've been able to find it at all.
From what I've heard, they've compared a s-on, a ship s-off and a eng s-off they just can't find where it's at.

I imagine if they found it, it wouldn't take to long to get s-off.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

G

glacierguy

That's what they've been trying to do, I don't think they've been able to find it at all.
From what I've heard, they've compared a s-on, a ship s-off and a eng s-off they just can't find where it's at.

I imagine if they found it, it wouldn't take to long to get s-off.

I think I remember them saying there were significant differences between s=on devices as well... Let alone the differences between s=on and s=off devices.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Yeah something about they weren't even consistent between s-on devices.
So who knows? If someone gets s-off on their phone, it may not work on everyone else's.

I'm just hoping they release our update soon, I'm fine with not having s-off right now. Just means I can't brick my phone.

Last edited:
I thought they didn't know how to create a smart_io.crd
they don't know how to get s-off either, both require trial/error/repeat 'til complete.. that's the name of the game here...

it's looking like the smart_io.crd method is the key though... but I guess we won't know until s-off is obtained somehow...

G

glacierguy

Fuses and Globaltron said no donations until it's released. They are still testing it on other devices before its released. Amaze community is so impatient.

I say it would be REALLY NICE if everyone that really needs s=off or more development should just sell/trade their amaze for something else. It's getting old reading all the whining and complaining. :banghead:

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

freakboy13

Sep 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
.... It's getting old reading all the whining and complaining. :banghead:

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah recently read a post along the lines..."its been over a week and havnt heard anything...wtf....etc...etc.."

Its just a phone, every one can relax now....
Now if you'll Excuse me, I'm gonna go start an ics thread...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

I say it would be REALLY NICE if everyone that really needs s=off or more development should just sell/trade their amaze for something else. It's getting old reading all the whining and complaining. :banghead:
I don't think we will see a release of JuopunutBear until AFTER ICS is released, so that they can make it compatible with that hboot as well... so everyone should either sit tight, or get a new device if they are too impatient... seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

this is a development & collection Thread. The PH85IMG.ZIP files can be flashed through SD-CARD in HBoot Mode. This works only for S-OFF users. If you don't have S-OFF you cannot use the files. There is no way to get S-OFF on a normal S-ON phone now.

If you want to help, check if you have S-ON or S-OFF. Turn off the phone, reboot with the volume button held down, and check at the top of the white screen if it says "SHIP S-ON", "SHIP S-OFF" or "ENG S-OFF". S-ON is stock and not helpful, SHIP S-OFF could be useful, the really helpful ones are ENG S-OFF. Please don't post asking if you can help if you have S-ON.

HOW TO DUMP YOUR HBOOT (please remember this is only interesting if you already have S-OFF)

1. Download ADB: http://www.mediafire.com/?5d0v316g9bg97
    2. Extract the contents of the zip to C:\
    3. Run the commands below:
    Code:
    cd c:\adb
    adb shell
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/hboot.img
    Note: If your device is not detected, download and install HTC Sync.
    4. Connect your phone in USB Mode, copy the hboot.img file from your SD card and upload it to Multiupload.

How To Flash Eng Hboot:
    1. Comming soon

imag0586d.jpg

imag0582c.jpg

Credits:
    - Da9b16
    - anonymous user
    - CrackEyes

Hall of Fame: Thanks Everyone so much goes to future Development devices
    - ikm19 100$
    - James Jenkins 20$
    - Steven Ziebarth 70$
    - Camron Kitching 10$
    - Terrence Taylor 10$
    - Dale Thompson 10$

[/FONT]
    If they start making them harder to unlock and give developers a hard time I think it will cost them greatly. We are the ones that go out and buy there new phones and support them. The development for the HTC devices and the modding is why I buy them. I have spent a small fortune and now have the amaze and can't get past the security.

I agree. This is probably going to be my last HTC device unless they change here pretty soon. I paid good money for this device so if I want to use an Anker battery, make hardware adjustments to dim my screen bleeding problem, use a custom firmware, whatever it's MY choice to make. If I break it then that's my own fault. HTC has no right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my property. After my 30 day return period is over then it's officially mine to do with whatever I please. I understand the warranty issue but I would gladly waive it to make it 100% mine. Since it's not 100% mine then why did I pay 100% of the price for it? They refuse to allow me to modify my property so I can only assume that they still think that it's theirs. So in that case, can I return it and get a 100% refund since it was never fully my own property? Yeah HTC is only screwing themselves with this.
    So binary why doesn't revolutionary want to help?

Nobody said we don't want to help, but we have no Amaze.

Perhaps we should ask again? And for a reason as well

Next to "being willing to help", exploit finding isn't exactly an exact science, you know.

Go forth and annoy.

Xboarder tried talking to them.
    I offered to send my own phone to them.

Nobody seems to care... so go ahead and try.

"tried talking to them" ? You mean the 3 line IRC chat conversation I had with him, about him having an assorted collection of hboots for Amaze? Right.

I have mentioned this before:

Apparently the consensus seems to be that we 'dont care'.

Allow me to set some things straight:

1. Exploit finding is not an exact science. A new device means a new exploit. This takes time, and mostly, research.

2. You say 'you dont care' like we owe something to the community? We help in the best way that we can. You can't exactly say we haven't already given a hell of a lot to the community as-is. You make it sound like we leech off the community, or something.

3. No device means that it is extra hard to even develop. Remote access will only get you so far. Especially when you need to be extremely careful not to break it.
    Oh no.. I'm just started electrical engineering. I am just pointing out clues so someone with much better experience with androids can read what i found, and be that much closer to getting S-off... I'm just testing methods other people used and pray it doesn't brick....
    I'm trying to find out what each partition is, and I'm like 80% done