[Q] Really annoying issue with Google account sign in.

Search This thread

Prophet16

Feb 23, 2012
Fremont, CA
So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
So I've been having this strange problem and I am convinced there is no simple solution. Every time I wipe date and install a rom, I try to sign in to the Google account during setup, and I keep getting an error saying that there was a problem communicating with Google servers. I've done a factory reset, formatted everything, tried different RUUs, and nothing seems to work. I just can't sign in on a Sense 5.5 rom. So now I want to clear the phone completely, because there must be something that no form of wiping is touching. A stock RUU can't solve the problem and I don't know what can. I even tried using LTE instead of WiFi and still no luck. Does anyone have any clue about this?
I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors

Prophet16

Feb 23, 2012
Fremont, CA
I had the same thing. My solution was wipe everyithing except data and internal memory. After that no more errors

But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?

EDIT: Can confirm that your recommendation doesn't work for me. I decided to flash a different rom (InsertCoin) and in this one I can sign in, but it won't sync, it just keeps saying "Google Sync error."

Last edited:

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
But I have wiped everything including internal storage and used usb-otg to install roms. Nothing works. Are you sure that will fix this?

It did the trick for me. Also, I mount system in recovery before doing anything. I'm pretty new to this phone and never used any recovery except 4ext on my Desire and Evo so I can't be 100% sure, leaving data did the trick for me

Prophet16

Feb 23, 2012
Fremont, CA
I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I've tried a few new things so far. I used the mkfs.ext4 file to format the data partition as I think that's where the source of the issue lies. But I also used fastboot to format system. If this doesn't work then I don't know what else to to. I might be forced to run a GPe rom or some other android rom. I just strongly prefer sense.

whats happens if you start a new account

Prophet16

Feb 23, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well I've got bad news. I managed to hard brick my device, so this issues I was having is not an issue for me anymore. But if anyone can help find a solution that would be appreciated as I'm sure someone else might be facing the same problem.

Prophet16

Feb 23, 2012
Fremont, CA

That's when you can't enter the bootloader anymore. You hold the power button and the lights on the bottom don't flash and it'll just vibrate a bit. But it's all good I got the phone replaced today. So then I installed the rom I was trying to install earlier (the one where I couldn't sign in to google) and I ended up having the same issue. So I think I'm gonna just use ARHD or something.