saproviders error

Search This thread

peter7

Aug 31, 2005
I did everything necessary - updated the software but I do not receive emails on the Gear 2

usz

Jun 11, 2014
My gear 2 shows often saproviders

What can I do ???

Pls help me

i've been in the same problem...i already uninstall n intall the gear manager back but the problem still occur...can someone help me with this problem...'unfortunately saproviders has stop" tq

Gadgetguy2005

May 2, 2011
Toronto
i've been in the same problem...i already uninstall n intall the gear manager back but the problem still occur...can someone help me with this problem...'unfortunately saproviders has stop" tq

I got the same problem. Brand new Gear 2 - Galaxy 4 with factory rom, rooted

When I want to set up email to get notifications in Samsung Gear - I get the message "unfortunately saprovider has stopped".

What do I do?

kwiatki75

Dec 27, 2010
Poznan
I got the same problem. Brand new Gear 2 - Galaxy 4 with factory rom, rooted

When I want to set up email to get notifications in Samsung Gear - I get the message "unfortunately saprovider has stopped".

What do I do?

i have the same problem with Gear1 and S4 (duos) with SVA7.0 rooted rom.
in this configuration gear+s4 is completly unusable.

Any help ?

BaunShingham

Dec 29, 2014
S4 Hyperdrive - Gear Manager saproviders has stopped working

i have the same problem with Gear1 and S4 (duos) with SVA7.0 rooted rom.
in this configuration gear+s4 is completly unusable.

Any help ?

Running into the same thing VZW S4 running Hyperdrive KK RLS20. As soon as the galaxy gear 1 connects, phone freezes for about 15-20 seconds every 5 seconds with a popup saying "Unfortunately, saproviders has stopped working".

Tried installing older version of gear manager and just not updating it, but that won't recognize the gear.

I know the gear connects because I've gotten a handful of notifications on it while the phone is frozen.

I've reflashed hyperdrive, I've reset the gear, pulled battery and sim on phone. No help from any of that.

RiverCity.45

Dec 7, 2010
San Antonio, TX
No problems at all with rooted Note 4 running stock kernal and custom ROM (FireKat v. 8.0). So, being rooted can't be the exclusive reason. I wonder if custom kernal might be the problem or appps/services missing/disabled in you ROM.

AntwonJenkins

Sep 26, 2010
SC
I'm rooted too..... Note 3 stock w/ root and phone gets same error.

When SaProviders stops I kill the app completely* then open the Gear app, go into settings, and select the reply template option for my messages which seems to kick SaProviders into gear again usually without a force close. Unless I move out of range of my phone which definitely messes the connection up even when it reconnects and then I have to manually to the trick just mentioned.

*I kill it by going into Samsungs Task Manager and hitting the Clear Memory button under the RAM tab.

crashnova

Aug 17, 2010
Yonkers
Same thing happening here as well. gear 2 neo running tizenmod 3.0, tmo note 4 running arcadia rom and nadia kernel with the latest version of gear manager. i think it effects notifications tho. hope a fix or source of problem is found.

zoltar99

Sep 10, 2008
Romford, UK
I think its because our phones are rooted..Same problem note 3+Gear S effortless rom
Nothing to do with the phone being rooted. I updated my S5 to stock Lollipop via Kies and started getting 'saproviders has stopped' error messages. Since then I have not been getting any notifications apart from incoming calls. I tried a hard reset of both watch and phone, no change. So the phone is stock lollipop, not rooted. I am actually thinking of giving up the Gear 2 and getting an LG G Watch R instead if I cannot find a cure to this. No point having a smart watch that doesn't work.

lipak

Mar 2, 2007
I were experiencing same issue, this is what I did to fix it ..
- my phone was not rooted
- goto application manager , show all apps tab
- there would be at least 5 to 6 apps with symbol of Gear Apps but with different names (including one called saproviders ) , uninstall all of these apps .. I scrolled from top to bottom searching for Gear apps symbols and uninstalled one by one
- power down
- goto system recovery
- wipe cache only
- above 2 steps may not be required but I just did it
- Reset the gear S

Now do fresh installation including the Gear Manager software in phone

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Hope this will help somebody

Reactions: themerchant

themerchant

Oct 15, 2010
- there would be at least 5 to 6 apps with symbol of Gear Apps but with different names (including one called saproviders ) , uninstall all of these apps .. I scrolled from top to bottom searching for Gear apps symbols and uninstalled one by one
- power down
- goto system recovery
- wipe cache only
- Reset the gear S

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

THANK YOU!
Following your steps fixed the saproviders error !:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - power down
    - goto system recovery
    - wipe cache only
    - Reset the gear S