HTC Fuze Case / Cover

Search This thread

kgeissler

Dec 21, 2006
Rowlett, TX
Mine got here in the mail today. As soon as I put it on the screen stopped responding. As soon as I took it back off, the screen was back to normal. :(

TVDinner

Nov 28, 2008
NC
www.thebiggestboards.com
Mine got here in the mail today. As soon as I put it on the screen stopped responding. As soon as I took it back off, the screen was back to normal. :(

see my posts above and pictures, and see the first post in this thread. You HAVE TO shave down the inside upper left corner of the case and then it works perfectly. I have had NO problems at all since doing that.

peibl

Sep 14, 2007
I've had my case installed a couple of days now, and I've noticed this behavior the last couple evenings: the screen eventually becomes unresponsive. I do keep my fuze in my pocket, so maybe some additional pressure is being applied to the edges of the screen. Removing the top cover (not trivial due to the tight fit) resolves the problem. I'm thinking that maybe there is not enough room on the edges of the screen.

Are you experiencing similar issues with this case?

thanks!

Same problem here, I'm returning it back

chadster214

Dec 4, 2008
Granada Hills
guys! I just recieved my seidio case and it fits really nice! it's a lot thinner than the case from ebay. I had the same case before and that gave me the same problem on both left and right side of the screen.

rkistler

Dec 12, 2008
3) I am able to reach all buttons, stylus, etc with no issues at all.

Do you use one or more FINGERS with your touch screen, or strictly stylus?

There is a related thread on the Seidio Innocase (?Spell?) that includes photos showing that that case has much narrower borders around the screen than a comparative case does: would seem to make sense that a Wider border would end up encroaching on the touch screen, thus making Finger use more difficult.

Although have never been a fan of "Fingering" the touch screen in the past, it seems a particularly convenient way to scroll through pages on the Fuze, so it would be interesting to know whether a bigger wrap-around results in lessened functionality - ??

Still making due with a cheap slipcase for the time being: not a bad way to Transport the Fuze, but less than optimal for actually USING the device!

sguerra923

Oct 7, 2008
Buddha
I installed the case and im liking it so far.. took me abot 2 hours of sanding to get it to fit snug... but so far so good looks good and sleek for a 9 buck case

TVDinner

Nov 28, 2008
NC
www.thebiggestboards.com
I have now seen the Seido case in person and it is really not that much thinner. So far I am still happy with this case that I purchased and started this thread with. And as I posted there are now MANY similar cases available at stores all around me now, as the Fuze accessories start to become more available.

J

jeepers007

Do these cases leave any scratches on the phone from use... What I mean is that the outside is rubberized, but what about the side that contacts the phone? Potential for damage/scratching there?

reluttr

Nov 14, 2008
I got a case exactly like this for ~8$ on amazon, and it had the touchscreen issue as well. After buffing it out with a fingernail buffer it works flawlessly. I also used a high strength sharpie to hide the white places where they didnt paint. I love the case now.

Also if your case is rubbing on the back of your screen then buff the prongs on the bottom half of the shell around the outer edge going from 1-4 on the nail buffer. It seems to fix the sliding issues when opening the case.

TVDinner

Nov 28, 2008
NC
www.thebiggestboards.com
I got a case exactly like this for ~8$ on amazon, and it had the touchscreen issue as well. After buffing it out with a fingernail buffer it works flawlessly. I also used a high strength sharpie to hide the white places where they didnt paint. I love the case now.

Also if your case is rubbing on the back of your screen then buff the prongs on the bottom half of the shell around the outer edge going from 1-4 on the nail buffer. It seems to fix the sliding issues when opening the case.

I agree. I have had no issues at all after buffing it. Looks and words perfectly, and only $10. A lot less then other options out there.

dtc7300

Aug 9, 2005
Oklahoma City
Just another confirmation!

I bought this case too. I attempted to install it without sanding and it too had issues with pressing on the start button. I performed the simple "surgery" of sanding the inside upper left corner and now it works great! Thanks for the post and I really like the case ,10 minutes so far! :)

One con though...the belt clip is extremely cheap...I am thinking about using in my car because I can "lock" the rotation in a Horizontal or Vertical position for different viewing, landscape for GPS and portrait for normal home screen view. I may look for a replacement belt clip just to have a less "cheap" looking thing hanging off the back of my phone.

wrxdrunkie

Nov 14, 2008
are you guys sanding only the top left hand corner or the whole case? I was hoping to be able to keep the all black look of the case.