[Q] [HELP] [C6903] 3 Feet Fall!!!

Search This thread

omegahanggara

Jan 28, 2013
Jakarta
double-dragon.blogspot.com
Hello guys.. I have a big problem here.. I fell my C6903 last Saturday from 3 feet! D'oh! But surprisingly it survived! It's even not powered off when dropped! No dead pixel, camera is OK, everything is fine. But my ASF is totally broken. It's only cracks along screen, after I pull it out, here it is.

10339756_10201151284624819_4365594890815882149_n.jpg

Today, I wonder if my phone still survive underwater test, so I test it. It's just 5 minutes. Everything is fine. Untill...

1. First 5 minutes -> Something wrong with my light sensor, screen is dimming and brightening randomly. D'oh! :silly:
2. 2 minutes after first 5 minutes -> Volume up and down randomly. D'ooh!!! :eek:
3. 2 minutes later -> Hard camera button going crazy! :(
4. 2 minutes later -> Screen totally dead! Nooo!!! :crying:

I bought this C6903 at December 2013. These are my C6903 condition

1. Under warranty
2. No ASF (no Sony logo anymore)
3. Bootloader has been unlock (Without TA Partition Backup!!!) :mad:
4. It's still alive, I can charge and my Laptop still recognize it. :highfive:
5. It's INDONESIA - JAKARTA

My question is

1. How to claim my warranty? I know about "playing fool", but can you give me suggestion to talk to them without look suspicious. I'm sucks at talking :(
2. How if I hardbrick my phone? So they can't trace my bootloader status. :confused:
3. If hardbricking is a solution to avoid me looking suspicious, HOW TO HARDBRICK my C6903?

Need help ASAP. I need my C6903 this weekend. :(

----

Update

1. Volume up is always pressed, so press and hold power button actually will hard poweroff the device
2. Since volume up is always pressed, I can only go to flash mode
3. Connecting my devices to wall charger won't make it go to normal boot (it stuck on something, IDK) :confused:

Last edited:

kingchristy123

Nov 18, 2013
As far as im aware you have no possible claim there at all, if the bootloader was unlocked without ta backup thats you instantly screwed with warranty, if youve removed the asf also voids the warranty and last of all if theres water damage inside the phone that voids your warranty especially if its been dropped :(

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
You are left with very few options, none of them very appealing either.

1. Pay Sony to fix the damages, if they do then expect to pay a few hundred (£ at least)
2. Pay a third party to fix the damages and pray that they're not brainless idiots.
3. Buy a new phone, with what you've done to it, it's going to be a small miracle if it ever works as expected ever again.
4. Claim on insurance, if you haven't got any then speak to your bank and get some.

For future reference, never unlock a phones bootloader without allowing yourself a backdoor, your TA partition although in this case doesn't matter could have been your saving grace, you could have argued with Sony that you simply water tested it and the rest is history, but I highly doubt they'll entertain that notion.

If it were me i'd get what I could from a phone shop on trade in and wait for the Oneplus one to come out properly. £269 not too bad and more than likely cheaper than you'll pay to get this phone fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what you have in your hand, isn't the asf. It's a glass protector..