[GB Firmwares] XWJVN, DDJV9, XWJVK, XXJVQ, RSJV3 and more [Download]

Search This thread

kronnos

Mar 3, 2011
Hi,
It is few days now since I flash'd JVH (+CFroot). (factory reset before and after to avoid bugs like battery drain).
Impressions: best one until now! No lag (except the first screen slide after unlocking the screen...maybe is a standby delay). No call delay bug. No weird battery drain. GPS ok. Wifi slightly weak but not an issue.
2+ days autonomy with 3g on demand (apn on/off).

Best regards,

MADXF

Oct 4, 2010
I've just updated to JVH a couple of days ago and today I had the "Android OS" drain problem.
I found this thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1039696)
and its been good for the rest of the day.
I hope samsung get a fix for it soon.

Apart from that small issue, JVH is fantastic. Super smooth most of the time only occasional choppy scrolling, namely when using "manage applications" No other problems to report.

Last edited:

lch78

Aug 29, 2010
Hi, I tried to flash XWJVH without the bootloader coz my previous ROM was XXJVK. First time, I flashed without pit512 and it didn't succeed, keep on bootlooping and the second time I flashed with pit512 but upon completed flashing, it rebooted and came to "confirm password" screen. Not sure what password I need to enter here.

Recovery mode cannot enter, only download mode. Tried reflashed many times to no avail. Here is the screen:

mySGS.jpg

Update: It didn't reboot actually, I didn't see the 'S' logo screen, just before it came to the box unpacking animation on the recovery mode, this confirm password thingy came out. I can't get pass this screen even I have flashed many times..

Last edited:

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
@ lch78

I have replayed to the post that you have posted in the other thread earlier. I would like to ask if you have been using a code to unlock the phone every time you turn on the screen (Screen Lock), if you have then enter that code that you have been using, I'm not writing about Pin-code but a security code.

lch78

Aug 29, 2010
@ lch78

I have replayed to the post that you have posted in the other thread earlier. I would like to ask if you have been using a code to unlock the phone every time you turn on the screen (Screen Lock), if you have then enter that code that you have been using, I'm not writing about Pin-code but a security code.

No sir. I used pattern unlock previously before I flashed to XWJVH. I did try to key in all possible screen lock codes that I have used in the past but still it is not working.

Btw, I doubt this is the screen lock code it is asking of me, coz I get this "confirm password" screen when I tried to enter recovery mode as well, and this screen appears before the 'S' logo comes out. Usually the "S" logo comes out first before entering the Android OS.

markdj57

Oct 16, 2010
Belfast
www.stronge.org.uk
I think I have found a new bug with JVH...

I caanot get the compass to work reliably at all. Ive tried calibrating with figure of 8 and the horizontal calibration but it just jumps about all over the place.

Google maps compass is unusable.

EDIT : Just tested a driving game and controls are very unresponsive, unplayable.

Compass app inclinometer doesn't work either.

Also of course, there is the front camera bug too.

If anyone can help, i'd sure be grateful.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Last edited:
Jvk was a leak as far as I know jvh is the official kies release. Jvh is the latest 2.3.3 rom

Sent from my Galaxy S powered by CM7 using XDA App

Can I update from JVK to JVH via Kies? It's strange ... applied Kies Patch 1.8.0.0 did set to XEU and now getting following message:

Do you want to upgrade?
Current: PDA:JF3 / Phone: JF3 / CSC:JF3 (XEU)
Latest: PDA: JPY / Phone: JPY / CSC:JPY (XEU)

Seems like a downgrade to me ;)

alanchanwl

Dec 6, 2010
Hi Ramad, 1st i wanna thx for all of your great work, it really help me alot...
But i still don understand should i tick the "phone boatloader update" inside the ODIN program if i am flashing the JVH with bootloader? because as what i saw from the picture you post out there, the "phone bootloader update" under ODIN is non-tick even if flashing the new firmware with bootloader...
can you help me in this issue? thank you very much!!!

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
XXJVO has been added.
If you have flashed a GB firmware with GB bootloaders before then you don't have to flash XXJVO with bootloaders, older GB bootloaders will do fine, but that is up to you. The new bootloaders are fine and will not disable Download/Recovery Mode.

Note:
It seems that the Moderators have moved this thread to Development section, I think that this is a bad idea, but they may have a reason to do so. Please keep that in mind to the next time you are checking this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: trustsyzaa

BlueEyes99

Oct 14, 2010
how can I flash the new JVO ROM with Odin without losing my data? I remember flashing JVK on my phone and I had to redownload anything. The bad thing was, losing my Angry Birds savegame.

skibbi_pl

Apr 3, 2010
I'm currently running JVK. I've compared bootloaders from JVO and JVK and it seems that there are differences. Should I reflash my bootloader?

$omator

Dec 26, 2010
tri(p) city
www.facebook.com
jvo - ro.build.date=Wed May 4 10:40:35 KST 2011
jvh - ro.build.date=Wed May 4 18:03:59 KST 2011

jvo - ro.build.changelist=182937
jvh - ro.build.changelist=184813

there are some changes to wifi, gps, swype is from jvk, ofc languages, some minor tweeks in files
theyve must have had a reason to use earlier branch as Grooby said

plus it is more universal due its csc, youre call

Top Liked Posts