Liquid damage indicator on defy

Search This thread

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
Can anyone do me a favour by uploading a pic of defy's Liquid damage indicator. I just dipped my phone in a glass of water for 10 sec and after that i cud see some water inside the screen. The touch screen either was non responsive or auto responsive. I removed the battery and put the phone in uncooked rice for entire night and then dried in sun for 2 hrs. Now can't see any water and the phone is working gud. But I am worried that the liquid damage indicator might have turned red (which i am not sure where it is located). That can definately void my warranty.

hackergnome

Apr 21, 2011
Bengaluru
I think there's one on the battery besides the terminals
And one below it a hexagonal structure...

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

chuisana

Aug 4, 2011
There is one rectangular indicator on the base of the battery to the left of the conector pins as the battery sits in the phone. I believe the white hexagon above the sim card slot is also a moisture indicator, but cannot confirm.

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
can anyone of you extend the favour by uploading a pic of non water damaged so that i can determine whether mine as got water damaged or not. FYI, the phone at the moment is working fine. :)

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
for me both indicators are red, so i can confirm those are the indicators (fortunately the only damage the water caused is the battery drainig faster, so i will have tobreplace the battery only).

sent from my cm7.1 defy...

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
i never put my defy in water, i'm very concerned about that

Dont even try that. Seriously dude, u might not be the lucky one to save ur defy. Moto is a fake. They have been thrown away from india but they came up with android only handsets, failed again. They suck in service and quality. Regret having a moto device . :(

Sent from my Moto Defy

abysstheking

Oct 11, 2011
Toronto
Dont even try that. Seriously dude, u might not be the lucky one to save ur defy. Moto is a fake. They have been thrown away from india but they came up with android only handsets, failed again. They suck in service and quality. Regret having a moto device . :(

Sent from my Moto Defy

why on earth would you say that???i have been using Motorola handsets for over 5 years now...NEVER had a problem unless and untill i messed up something...and search properly in the box, u will find a note saying that the phone is "water resistant"...its not water proof...so the motorola people are not suggesting to dip your phone in water...anyways, i did it...and my phone is working fine! :D

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
why on earth would you say that???i have been using Motorola handsets for over 5 years now...NEVER had a problem unless and untill i messed up something...and search properly in the box, u will find a note saying that the phone is "water resistant"...its not water proof...so the motorola people are not suggesting to dip your phone in water...anyways, i did it...and my phone is working fine! :D

No offence.
I never dipped it. Only accidently it went in water for 10 sec and a water resistant if not water proof cud have given a diff. result.

Peace....!!!!!

Sent from my Moto Defy

ryan8r

Apr 9, 2011
So far I've hosed it down, dropped it in the pool, heck even swam with it in a river no problems with the battery or indicators whatsoever. So I'd say mine is pretty much waterproof. :D

Sent from Android 2.3.7

farsight73

Dec 29, 2010
Selangor
All these depends on QC pass when the device was manufatured. Some might have a litte tiny not 100% perfect but was given the PASS from QC. It's base on how lucky you are when you hit the store to buy your Defy. However, it's not wise testing the device water proofness and toughness anyway. It advertised as tough phone and defying everyday life but doesn't mean consumer need to go beaingt and torture it and start complaining when it fail..

....Peace.... :D :D

Zephyrot

Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart

Sent from my Moto Defy

Before putting your Defy in water you need to understand what IP67 means and what is the phoen designed to resist.

I took my Defy to a water park and it was amazing. I have some really cool videos and pics underwater, got a video in a Waterslide and so on.

Few things to understand about IP67:
-Phone resists 30 mins under water, at 1m depth, and NOT MOVING.

Once your phone goes into water you have to avoid rapid moves with it, when you move the phone under water, you can create pressure equivalent to having the phone 50m underwater (standing still).

Another really important thing is the rubber on the USB/Headphone/Battery Cover. You cant touch this rubber, nor apply any kind of oil based grease (Sweat, Vaseline) on it, cause it kills the water resistance attribute of it and actually dryes the rubber.

Its recommended to apply a bit of Silicone based Grease every few months to keep the rubber in good condition, after about 3 years it will eventually lose its properties and start leaking water.

If you are taking your phone to a water-adventure day like I did, I recommend using a bit of duct tape on the USB port and Headphone to avoid it getting accidentaly open.

scottie1973

Jun 17, 2011
if i remember rightly the defy isn't actually stated as being ip67 rated..motorola shyed away from it :rolleyes:

pizzaia

Oct 12, 2011

I'm scared of trying to put it in water

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada

Sent from my Moto Defy

bro..Moto Is not fake im using from 6 years they never failed on me ..even i have atrix too moto really rocks service may be not good in your area in my area Moto is the Top Seller and most selling phone is razr...in my area Motorola Number one and samsung number 2 And HTC number 3 and Motorola is not failed in india with Android They are innovative if u still dont like your defy then sell it and buy another android phone Please Dont bash anything about Motorola...