[ROM-AOSP][05-25-11] Evervolv | GRJ22/Android 2.3.4 | v1.1.0b2 | Mucho dinero!

Search This thread

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Ladies and gentlemen I am glad to bring you the first ever gingerbread beta of Evervolv for the Droid Incredible! First thing I would like to say is that this rom would not be possible without the CyanogenMod team. I am merely here to bring you how I like my phone setup and give you more options over a base build of the gingerbread genre. My qualifications are inferior to what is required on some of the fixes that were made. Thus I rely on the CyanogenMod Team for their expertise in these fields.

With this being said I'd like to introduce the Evervolv team (the guys who make this rom happen).

bcnice20 (wtf does he do? where is he?? =p, Evo Shift 4G)
milesje (java/android & overall, Evo)
cocide (linux, scripting & overall, Evo, N1)
tpyoknig (web)
deck (noone knows what he does, he's like the evervolv troll, Evo & MT4G)
preludedrew (overall, Evo, Droid Incredible, Hero CDMA, Evo Shift 4g)

This is where i would like to thank all of the donaters to the Evervolv project. Any and all donations are not used for personal use. I have and will only use them for further development. (i.e. Droid incredible, Evo Shift 4G, java and android books). I will be compiling this list and updating it constantly. If you do decide to donate for the furthering of the evervolv project, please leave me your xda ID in the message so I can give you recognition on here.

Your kind sole here.

As far as the features go, I'm going to add them as we go. The changelogs reflect all additions, so you can review it for the time being.

Insert features here.

What does not work or is quirky.

Screenshots of the ROM in action can be seen Here - Screenshots

Download the latest from from Evervolv.com

Make sure to do a full wipe, even if you're coming from an older build, just to make sure. Also, flash Google Apps that are also on that download page.

Thanks
-Andrew

Last edited:

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Home.jpg
Lockscreen.jpg
Statusbar.jpg

Last edited:

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Changelog....

Betalog...

1.0.1b3

• Keyboard now has dictionary/auto-correct.
  • Downloading with stock browser should be fixed.
  • Fixed google backup, will now restore your apps & stuffs.
  • Greyed out launcher settings are now removed so theres no confusion.

1.0.1b2

• Updated to android 2.3.2. (Includes the SMS fix for text's going to wrong recipient.)
  • Camcorder now works after updating HTC proprietary lib's
  • Updated kernel from CM.
  • 3g/mobile network should work now with invisiblek's .35 kernel.
  • Notification blinking LED now works. * CM

1.0.1b1

• Added transparent expanded statusbar. (Made optional in Evervolv Settigns > UI Options - reboot required)
  • Change the layout when you pick widgets, instead of them all showing up on one dialog, they each have different dialogs... * CM
  • Added ability to swype notifications left or right to clear * CM.
  • Am/Pm is now hideable via Evervolv Settings > Ui Settings.
  • Clock is now hideable via Evervolv Setttings > Ui Settings
  • Removed Evervolv Settings from Launcher, will now just show up in Settings.
  • Changed carrier caption (lockscreen & statusbar) to show Rom name when not defined by the user.
  • Added lockscreen music controls * CM.
  • Battery icons are now changeable from stock to stock w/percentages! via Evervolv Settings > Ui Settings > Battery type.
  • Screen on & off animations are now optional via Evervolv Settings > Ui Settings.

Alphalog...

1.0.1a1

• Bundled kernel is now CM Kernel. (compiled by slayher)
  • Notification light works now, is only solid for the time being.
  • Screen on animation is enabled.(just like the screen off but opposite =D)
  • Build's are now completely compatible with CWM 3.0*, now uses edify scripts (updater-script).
  • Spare Parts and dev tools are now bundled.
  • All of the spare parts stuff was taken out of EVParts.
  • GAPPS are no longer bundled, you will need to download the zip to flash them.
  • New market is added to GAPPS.
  • XDA and GPS Status App are not bundled for the time being.
  • Sprint VVM app is removed temporarily.
  • Filemanager is now compiled and bundled with the rom.
  • The compile process has been redone to help everyone on the evervolv team out, and any user that would like to compile it theirselves.
  • I know im missing something... oh well!

1.0.0a19

• EMMC Mounting now works via USB. * CM team
  • Media apps now scan the emmc for files. * me, kang'd from cm6's fix.
  • Bundled invisiblek's #28 kernel. Feedback on this kernel seems to be the best so far.
  • The carrier caption in the expanded statusbar, is now the same as your lockscreen carrier caption. I'll change EVParts later, and add its own MISC subsection. * me
  • Round 1 of Icon replacement. Still some that need it though.
  • XDA App now bundled, located in /data/app so its removable.
  • With author's permission, GPS Status is now bundled with Evervolv.
  • Added "Rom Version" to About Phone in settings.

1.0.0a18

• BT Pairing should be fixed - working for me perfectly. Even reconnects when reenabled
  • Updated the HTC propietary lib's, please let me know if this helps connectivity.
  • Changed wifi.supplicant_scan_interval from 15 to 45.
  • All GAPPS except setupwizard now bundled.
  • Forgot to re-add Evervolv as Default WP on Dinc =/
  • SIP calls *should* be able to be made over mobile network. Please verify.
  • Added battery percentage icons.
  • Fixed FB Contacts syncing with phone, mms, etc... yw kushdeck!
  • Some other stuff im forgetting to write down... gah!

1.0.0a17

• Fixed the pesky FC's for Launcher... please report with logcat if any more are found. Can 'a raid anyone?
  • Fixed the memory leak from the phone causing FC's. Didn't i say i was learning? =)
  • Changed fingerprint of rom so OTA does not attempt to download...

1.0.0a16

• Gingerbread default launcher layout is now available via Evervolv Settings.
  • Updated GAPPS
  • Fixed Launcher FC's from nightly build.
  • Lowered wallpapers size dramatically *thanks to dc13
  • Merged a lot of CM source fixes, some relevent to DInc and Evo, some not.

1.0.0a15

• GPS Fixed * All credit to CM team, I only implemented this.
  • Added USB Mounting w/Internal storage support. Testers say this is really buggy. Consider this the top priority now that GPS is fixed.

1.0.0a14

• USB Mounting now works. No internal storage just yet... I have this is working, but very buggy so i reverted to just SD card mounting. * CM team
  • Rotary lockscreen merged to phone. When lockscreen is set to rotary, the incoming call screen will follow suit.
  • Merged Evervolv Setttings to Settings.
  • Added green and orange Evervolv Wall's. * thx wrx4memp
  • FB SYNC!!! *thanks echoside
  • Merged reboot options menu from froyo * still CM based, WIP.

1.0.0a13
  • Added camera w/8MP temporary fix * CM & bcnice20 & jdkoreclipse(8mp)
  • Fixed a few GAPPS i.e. twitter & added more working. (not updated yet, they should update through the market tho)
  • Started getting fixes on videorecorder.
  • Changed notification icons to green for network.
  • Fixed GPS related FC's.. this is one step towards working GPS * CM * bcnice20

1.0.0a12

• Changed to invisiblek's #21 kernel to fix bootloops.
  • Screen off animation. * thanks to lithid-cm for this.
  • GL Issues are taken care of. This means the phone answer tabs pop up. Also evertyhing else speedwise is taken care of (i.e. slow scrolling). * Thank god for the CM team.
  • Started Evervolv branding.
  • Merged EVParts
  • Merged Evervolv Launcher
  • Fixed expanded statusbar. (Dunno what happened to this... but recompiling fixed it).
  • Added minimal gapps, trying to figure out what is causing the bootloops. Please be patient on these... anything you need from here can be downloaded though.
  • USB Debugging.
  • Few others im forgetting.

Last edited:

ethan.r.besbris

Jan 30, 2010
Mt. Wolf
Alright well it finally built, and booted. Special thanks to ethan.r.besbris for logcatting the original build so i could get it booting! I will update this thread later today/tonight with everything appropriate. This is compiled from source after gingerbread was rolled out to AOSP yesterday. However, this is an alpha and has many items not working. Please be patient, these will get ironed out over a short period. For the question i know will come "What's the difference between this and the other "Dev-Rom's". Nothing so far... but this is compiled from source and can be fixed from there. This is not a port, and will function as a simple bare bones ROM. There is no Google apps just yet (so no contact sync), this will also come with time. I will also be merging gingerbread with the goodies that i started with Evervolv-AOSP (froyo).

With this being said, please feel free to download and get acquainted with gingerbread!

P.S. > Please refrain from posting what doesn't work for a little while. I'm not posting the list of things not working, due to there being quite a few. However, feel free to post anything that will contribute to fixes/temporary workarounds.

Feel free to browse the evo thread, some temp fixes are popping up. I'll be working on this for a good part this weekend. Evo Thread Link

Screenshots will follow later tonight also.

Thanks
-Andrew

Evervolv-AOSP v1.0.0a1 - Gingerbread
I helped! Woot!

Reactions: usmcjoe and bensl84

preludedrew

Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Evervolv-AOSP v1.0.0a2

Alphalog...

• Added a few GAPPS so far... gmail, gtalk, contact sync.

To get contacts syncing, open up a google app (talk, mail, market) and log in. Then goto your contacts... if it hasnt sync'd automatically. In the contacts activity press menu > Accounts > add account.

Last edited:

jonesh

May 27, 2010
Your most recent link has an extra 'p' in the file extension. Just thought you'd want to know :)

joshuaarebalo

Jul 7, 2010
Anyone flashed successfully yet? I flashed from the OP link...stuck at boot screen...trying this dives version above now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

gmichaelow

Aug 9, 2010
I can't try this yet now, but amazing work =] my old comp can't run 64 bit, so I will be depending on other devs for my AOSP. xD

Good work :)

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ladies and gentlemen I am glad to bring you the first ever gingerbread beta of Evervolv for the Droid Incredible! First thing I would like to say is that this rom would not be possible without the CyanogenMod team. I am merely here to bring you how I like my phone setup and give you more options over a base build of the gingerbread genre. My qualifications are inferior to what is required on some of the fixes that were made. Thus I rely on the CyanogenMod Team for their expertise in these fields.

With this being said I'd like to introduce the Evervolv team (the guys who make this rom happen).

bcnice20 (wtf does he do? where is he?? =p, Evo Shift 4G)
    milesje (java/android & overall, Evo)
    cocide (linux, scripting & overall, Evo, N1)
    tpyoknig (web)
    deck (noone knows what he does, he's like the evervolv troll, Evo & MT4G)
    preludedrew (overall, Evo, Droid Incredible, Hero CDMA, Evo Shift 4g)

This is where i would like to thank all of the donaters to the Evervolv project. Any and all donations are not used for personal use. I have and will only use them for further development. (i.e. Droid incredible, Evo Shift 4G, java and android books). I will be compiling this list and updating it constantly. If you do decide to donate for the furthering of the evervolv project, please leave me your xda ID in the message so I can give you recognition on here.

Your kind sole here.

As far as the features go, I'm going to add them as we go. The changelogs reflect all additions, so you can review it for the time being.

Insert features here.

What does not work or is quirky.

Screenshots of the ROM in action can be seen Here - Screenshots

Download the latest from from Evervolv.com

Make sure to do a full wipe, even if you're coming from an older build, just to make sure. Also, flash Google Apps that are also on that download page.

Thanks
    -Andrew
    Changelog....

Betalog...

1.0.1b3

• Keyboard now has dictionary/auto-correct.
    • Downloading with stock browser should be fixed.
    • Fixed google backup, will now restore your apps & stuffs.
    • Greyed out launcher settings are now removed so theres no confusion.

1.0.1b2

• Updated to android 2.3.2. (Includes the SMS fix for text's going to wrong recipient.)
    • Camcorder now works after updating HTC proprietary lib's
    • Updated kernel from CM.
    • 3g/mobile network should work now with invisiblek's .35 kernel.
    • Notification blinking LED now works. * CM

1.0.1b1

• Added transparent expanded statusbar. (Made optional in Evervolv Settigns > UI Options - reboot required)
    • Change the layout when you pick widgets, instead of them all showing up on one dialog, they each have different dialogs... * CM
    • Added ability to swype notifications left or right to clear * CM.
    • Am/Pm is now hideable via Evervolv Settings > Ui Settings.
    • Clock is now hideable via Evervolv Setttings > Ui Settings
    • Removed Evervolv Settings from Launcher, will now just show up in Settings.
    • Changed carrier caption (lockscreen & statusbar) to show Rom name when not defined by the user.
    • Added lockscreen music controls * CM.
    • Battery icons are now changeable from stock to stock w/percentages! via Evervolv Settings > Ui Settings > Battery type.
    • Screen on & off animations are now optional via Evervolv Settings > Ui Settings.

Alphalog...

1.0.1a1

• Bundled kernel is now CM Kernel. (compiled by slayher)
    • Notification light works now, is only solid for the time being.
    • Screen on animation is enabled.(just like the screen off but opposite =D)
    • Build's are now completely compatible with CWM 3.0*, now uses edify scripts (updater-script).
    • Spare Parts and dev tools are now bundled.
    • All of the spare parts stuff was taken out of EVParts.
    • GAPPS are no longer bundled, you will need to download the zip to flash them.
    • New market is added to GAPPS.
    • XDA and GPS Status App are not bundled for the time being.
    • Sprint VVM app is removed temporarily.
    • Filemanager is now compiled and bundled with the rom.
    • The compile process has been redone to help everyone on the evervolv team out, and any user that would like to compile it theirselves.
    • I know im missing something... oh well!

1.0.0a19

• EMMC Mounting now works via USB. * CM team
    • Media apps now scan the emmc for files. * me, kang'd from cm6's fix.
    • Bundled invisiblek's #28 kernel. Feedback on this kernel seems to be the best so far.
    • The carrier caption in the expanded statusbar, is now the same as your lockscreen carrier caption. I'll change EVParts later, and add its own MISC subsection. * me
    • Round 1 of Icon replacement. Still some that need it though.
    • XDA App now bundled, located in /data/app so its removable.
    • With author's permission, GPS Status is now bundled with Evervolv.
    • Added "Rom Version" to About Phone in settings.

1.0.0a18

• BT Pairing should be fixed - working for me perfectly. Even reconnects when reenabled
    • Updated the HTC propietary lib's, please let me know if this helps connectivity.
    • Changed wifi.supplicant_scan_interval from 15 to 45.
    • All GAPPS except setupwizard now bundled.
    • Forgot to re-add Evervolv as Default WP on Dinc =/
    • SIP calls *should* be able to be made over mobile network. Please verify.
    • Added battery percentage icons.
    • Fixed FB Contacts syncing with phone, mms, etc... yw kushdeck!
    • Some other stuff im forgetting to write down... gah!

1.0.0a17

• Fixed the pesky FC's for Launcher... please report with logcat if any more are found. Can 'a raid anyone?
    • Fixed the memory leak from the phone causing FC's. Didn't i say i was learning? =)
    • Changed fingerprint of rom so OTA does not attempt to download...

1.0.0a16

• Gingerbread default launcher layout is now available via Evervolv Settings.
    • Updated GAPPS
    • Fixed Launcher FC's from nightly build.
    • Lowered wallpapers size dramatically *thanks to dc13
    • Merged a lot of CM source fixes, some relevent to DInc and Evo, some not.

1.0.0a15

• GPS Fixed * All credit to CM team, I only implemented this.
    • Added USB Mounting w/Internal storage support. Testers say this is really buggy. Consider this the top priority now that GPS is fixed.

1.0.0a14

• USB Mounting now works. No internal storage just yet... I have this is working, but very buggy so i reverted to just SD card mounting. * CM team
    • Rotary lockscreen merged to phone. When lockscreen is set to rotary, the incoming call screen will follow suit.
    • Merged Evervolv Setttings to Settings.
    • Added green and orange Evervolv Wall's. * thx wrx4memp
    • FB SYNC!!! *thanks echoside
    • Merged reboot options menu from froyo * still CM based, WIP.

1.0.0a13
    • Added camera w/8MP temporary fix * CM & bcnice20 & jdkoreclipse(8mp)
    • Fixed a few GAPPS i.e. twitter & added more working. (not updated yet, they should update through the market tho)
    • Started getting fixes on videorecorder.
    • Changed notification icons to green for network.
    • Fixed GPS related FC's.. this is one step towards working GPS * CM * bcnice20

1.0.0a12

• Changed to invisiblek's #21 kernel to fix bootloops.
    • Screen off animation. * thanks to lithid-cm for this.
    • GL Issues are taken care of. This means the phone answer tabs pop up. Also evertyhing else speedwise is taken care of (i.e. slow scrolling). * Thank god for the CM team.
    • Merged EVParts
    • Merged Evervolv Launcher
    • Fixed expanded statusbar. (Dunno what happened to this... but recompiling fixed it).
    • Added minimal gapps, trying to figure out what is causing the bootloops. Please be patient on these... anything you need from here can be downloaded though.
    • USB Debugging.
    • Few others im forgetting.