[Q] How to get back my original baseband and remove the flashed odin one?

Search This thread

toxious651

Aug 23, 2014
I tried to install a new custom rom on my Samsung Galaxy GT-18730 (thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792157), it asked me to install and flash a baseband thing with odin, which I did. Because of that, I can't get any audio from my phone, can't play videos, and I can't send or receive calls even when I restore to my original official android. How do I get that custom thing off so I can get my sound and stuff back?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
It seems that the inconsitency of the sound working for some and not others revolves around whether you have the "T" version of the phone or not. You didn't mention which you have but I would look into that. You already know the thread for it because I saw your posts there.

toxious651

Aug 23, 2014
It seems that the inconsitency of the sound working for some and not others revolves around whether you have the "T" version of the phone or not. You didn't mention which you have but I would look into that. You already know the thread for it because I saw your posts there.

What do you mean by "T"?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Please check what baseband is installed now, what region your phone is from, and if your IMEI is still listed correctly. I'd like to list the first 2 but not the IMEI, obviously, just5 whether it's still there after you restored the stock rom. If not, that's other mess. And the region matters because certain Samsung phones act weird with basebands and other files from different ones even though it is from the same system update version.

toxious651

Aug 23, 2014
Please check what baseband is installed now, what region your phone is from, and if your IMEI is still listed correctly. I'd like to list the first 2 but not the IMEI, obviously, just5 whether it's still there after you restored the stock rom. If not, that's other mess. And the region matters because certain Samsung phones act weird with basebands and other files from different ones even though it is from the same system update version.

Baseband: I8730XWAMK1, that's what they told me to install on the thread.
Region.. well, I'm not sure where it's "from", but I live in the Caribbean.