The first official nightly is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
I don't want to build my own, that's why I am in this thread, I want the official

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Lol... It's the same....If you compile from sources, you've got the exact same version than official.

And no need to compile somebody already did it.

And guys, Lafayette will always tell what he has to tell, especially if it's the truth, I've been thanked and approved for that...

Abolfazl

Jan 24, 2009
San Carlos, CA
abolfazl.me
Lol... It's the same....If you compile from sources, you've got the exact same version than official.

And no need to compile somebody already did it.

And guys, Lafayette will always tell what he has to tell, especially if it's the truth, I've been thanked and approved for that...

Well even though it has been compiled, none of us can download it.

When I tried to build from source and ran "repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_asus_tf201.git -b ics", I got an error about manifest xml not being found. Any way to fix this?

malac0da13

Jun 4, 2008
Has flashing these roms fixed any of the screen tearing issues that people have been having?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
Just installed the official CM9 Nightly

I don't think i did anything wrong...

Fresh Wipe, Install Zip with Gapps..

After boot animation I get force close loop of 2 different things:

Unfortunately, System UI has Stopped
Unfortunately, SetupWizard has Stopped

Anyone with any luck?

If you had the same issue as me, and want to go back to your old rom (in my case Virtuous)
Step 1: Wipe CM9
Step 2: Restore Nandroid of Virtuous (Restores everything BUT Boot img)
Step 3: Flash the latest Virtuous over top of what you just restored. (flashes virtuous kernel/bootimg again)

Profit?

Oh well..

Last edited:

ricoroadstar

Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Just installed the official CM9 Nightly

I don't think i did anything wrong...

Fresh Wipe, Install Zip with Gapps..

After boot animation I get force close loop of 2 different things:

Unfortunately, System UI has Stopped
Unfortunately, SetupWizard has Stopped

Anyone with any luck?

If you had the same issue as me, and want to go back to your old rom (in my case Virtuous)
Step 3: Flash the latest Virtuous over top of what you just restored. (flashes virtuous kernel/bootimg again)

Profit?

Oh well..

Hey,

Yup, I too had the same UI stop and what not. Tried it twice with unmounting and mounting staging as well as trying to install with and without gapps.

Just went back to Virtuous for now, I just wiped and reflashed the rom so dont know about the boot img deal.

To bad though, was hoping for some stable cm9 with youtube working.

ryun33

Jun 19, 2010
Hey,

Yup, I too had the same UI stop and what not. Tried it twice with unmounting and mounting staging as well as trying to install with and without gapps.

Just went back to Virtuous for now, I just wiped and reflashed the rom so dont know about the boot img deal.

Has anyone tried using "Rom Manager" to flash it?

ricoroadstar

Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
I havent tried it and dont know if it would even work. I for one never use that app and find it as kind of a waste if you ask me. I havent been ablt to effectively use it on any of my devices come to thought.

Sorry for that blob of thought lol.

I think we will have to wait for the official official or at least a new nightly.

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
Has anyone tried using "Rom Manager" to flash it?

Rom Manager will be the same as CWM, except the current RM scripts don't allow for 'reboot into recovery', so it will just reboot back into the OS after you select that option in Rom manager

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Downloading the zip from the link now!

Does this work? Any tips on how to install?

It won't work as I and others have said. System UI issue.

But a tip is
Wipe
Install zip
Install GAPPs

Assuming future versions will work.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Hey,

The "Boot img deal" is the following:

CM9 flashes its own kernel.
Nandroids Cannot restore kernels currently on the prime.

So if you decide you dont like CM9, restoring a nandroid still has the cm9 kernel, which is why I have said:

Flashing over top of your restore, restores the correct kernel img

Last edited:

PapaSmurf6768

Jul 29, 2011
Rom Manager will be the same as CWM, except the current RM scripts don't allow for 'reboot into recovery', so it will just reboot back into the OS after you select that option in Rom manager

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

But a tip is
Wipe
Install zip
Install GAPPs

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

So if you decide you dont like CM9, restoring a nandroid still has the cm9 kernel, which is why I have said:

I would reverse steps 2 and 3. Flashing virtuous first will install the kernel, then a nandroid will bring back all your data without a flashier possibly undoing any changes you had made in the rom.

Sent from my ROOTED Transformer Prime

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
I would reverse steps 2 and 3. Flashing virtuous first will install the kernel, then a nandroid will bring back all your data without a flashier possibly undoing any changes you had made in the rom.

Flashing over doesnt undo changed that you have made. Theoretically the order of those 2 doesnt matter.

(Ever have v1 of rom A and flash over v2 of rom A? are your settings changed? no)

cfaberlle

Nov 2, 2011
Orlando
www.arrow.com

But a tip is
Wipe
Install zip
Install GAPPs

Wow so the first official CM9 release is not even usable? Guess I'm sticking to my unofficial release then :D

PapaSmurf6768

Jul 29, 2011
Flashing over doesnt undo changed that you have made. Theoretically the order of those 2 doesnt matter.

(Ever have v1 of rom A and flash over v2 of rom A? are your settings changed? no)

I know what you mean but flashing the rom formats /system so if you flash after the nandroid you'd lose any changes you've done there like a custom launcher or deleted system apps. That's how I think of it at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still need to flash Gapps, but it seems like the CM team are making good progress.

WiFi works
    As mtotho said, cell signal indicator still appears.
    It's really really fluid and smooth.
    Some settings are placeholders, such as themes, but this is the same on my Sensation's build of CM9, so no change there.
    It has auto rotate working and it doesn't reboot when you press the power button, like AOKP currently does.
    Both cameras work, but there's no Face Unlock.

I'm going to continue with this for a few hours. Will flash Gapps in a few minutes; will report back if there are any issues.

EDIT: OK, so the dock doesn't charge the tablet yet. Keyboard also appears when you type with the dock, and a lot of the Android specific softkeys don't work. Gapps wise, everything seems to be fine. However, if you don't flash Gapps the WiFi indicator will stay grey, but once Gapps has been flashed, it goes blue (I think this is a common problem with CM)

EDIT #2: I lie, the dock does charge the tablet, but there's no indicator to show this happening yet. (Face Unlock works if you've flashed Gapps)
    Above all this thread is useless. There a official thread about CM9 already, active, in the same section.

Considering flashing with CWM, I hope people try search by themselves before asking 'How do I flash?'

There are plenty of Howto.

'Should I wipe?' (and what wiping....)

I know we're not done with those endless same questions......

Where is the official thread? I only see an unofficial one...
    Where is the official thread? I only see an unofficial one...

Don't play with words, I'm fed up with those endless duplicated threads in the Prime threads, people want to be OP instead of just posting in an existing thread, or don't even search before posting. I've even seen a guy asking for something that had been answered two posts above his... And I find Moderators are not present enough.

The more threads on same subjects you have, the more difficult it is to find relevant information, as search engine is not always accurate. And the more same basic questions are repeated without any obvious search effort, the more you risk to fed up devs.

Some devs have quit XDA because they couldn't work efficently in their threads, even in some more organized threads like Optimus 2X ones, at least 3 or 4 major devs gave up support in XDA because of that.

Some guys if you want to have devs for long time, keep posting in already opened threads (we are not here to have our 15 minutes of glory), search answers by yourself before asking always the same wuestions and so on....

And above all, this thread is not a dev thread, why posting here?

See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1366437
    Don't mind guys,

That was just some french rage :)

PS: I'm french too so I know What I'm talking about xD
    The link works now.