[Q] Roms!?

Search This thread

shoresteve626

Aug 20, 2010
Can any one tell me if there are roms for note 10.1 2014 edition?:) thanks!

Check the "Android Development" section... you'll find em' there. (You might want to try searching as most topics already have threads and you can get the info a lot faster)

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
Problem is that most users are skeptical about rooting since they will lose their warranty support from Samsung (trip counter). Until a root work around is found, I wouldn't expect any spectacular Roms or support..

Reactions: Cdelaballe

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
Problem is that most users are skeptical about rooting since they will lose their warranty support from Samsung (trip counter). Until a root work around is found, I wouldn't expect any spectacular Roms or support..

CleanROM is on version 2.0 for this tablet and is great. Much smoother and quicker than stock, and is de-odexed so all the cool Wanam add-ons can be applied.

[ROM][1/10/14][P600] - CleanROM 2.0 R2 -★| ML1 | Aroma | Smooth | Stable | Clean |★
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2577389

Read through the thread and you will see plenty of members that rooted just for that ROM, and are very happy they did.

Reactions: Elim

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site

This is not true. You "might" not get warranty repair for software problems. If you brick your device because you don't know what you what you're doing... Do you really expect them to fix it any way?

Knox tripped or not, you will still have warranty service for hard ware related defects. Most common problems are physical buttons going bad, defective screen, etc.

Development on this device is fine, it's an expensive tab, not a ton of people have it. When the US let version comes out, my bet is you will see a lot more development

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

This is not true. You "might" not get warranty repair for software problems. If you brick your device because you don't know what you what you're doing... Do you really expect them to fix it any way?

Knox tripped or not, you will still have warranty service for hard ware related defects. Most common problems are physical buttons going bad, defective screen, etc.

Development on this device is fine, it's an expensive tab, not a ton of people have it. When the US let version comes out, my bet is you will see a lot more development

I don't know, compadre, this is a really slow start. I'm thinking that I may have bought into a flop device and that most people will be going for the PRO line.

I've also never had to warranty out any of my Sammy devices, of which I've had many. I did have to RMA my Note 10.1 due to superbrick - emmc bug though, it was so knackered they didn't even care to check the flash counter. Glad I got the new one from BB, pretty sure they wont know how or be inclined to check the Knox bit.

There is very little risk in solely rooting and installing a custom recovery, unless there is something like the aforementioned emmc bug. Voiding the manufacturer's warranty should be of little consequence and more of a forgone conclusion when modifying your device. You break it, you buy it. Everyone who mods their device, especially from the kernel down, should know and accept that responsibility.

Reactions: Elim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CleanROM is on version 2.0 for this tablet and is great. Much smoother and quicker than stock, and is de-odexed so all the cool Wanam add-ons can be applied.

[ROM][1/10/14][P600] - CleanROM 2.0 R2 -★| ML1 | Aroma | Smooth | Stable | Clean |★
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2577389

Read through the thread and you will see plenty of members that rooted just for that ROM, and are very happy they did.

I don't know, compadre, this is a really slow start. I'm thinking that I may have bought into a flop device and that most people will be going for the PRO line.

I've also never had to warranty out any of my Sammy devices, of which I've had many. I did have to RMA my Note 10.1 due to superbrick - emmc bug though, it was so knackered they didn't even care to check the flash counter. Glad I got the new one from BB, pretty sure they wont know how or be inclined to check the Knox bit.

There is very little risk in solely rooting and installing a custom recovery, unless there is something like the aforementioned emmc bug. Voiding the manufacturer's warranty should be of little consequence and more of a forgone conclusion when modifying your device. You break it, you buy it. Everyone who mods their device, especially from the kernel down, should know and accept that responsibility.