[Q] Question and a poll....What do you use NFC for? Comercial only!

NFC uses...I use it this way with who and what.....

• Other payment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

newuser02

Oct 17, 2010
Concord, CA
How do you use your phone's NFC for? Is it useless for now?:mad:

Google wallet?
I have read some NEWS about NFC and Google wallet. But seem nothing is really come to.:rolleyes:

If you are using Google wallet, Please indicate city and what type of business.
If you are using other type of payment system please indicate name of payment system, city and merchant.
I will keep the OP updated with the on-going counts of the type of uses.

Thanks for your time.

Pro:
Con:
1. Read somewhere that NFC back actually blocks and interferes with Cel sigbal?
2. Extended batteries and the back covers are not compatible with NFC.
3. Eats up computing cycles and some (may be 1 or 2 %) battery life.
4. Annoying every time I go to change 2/3 g and wifi to see NFC entry there.

Result:
1. Meijer stores take NFC/Google wallet. In MI and I assume everywhere Meijer operate.
2. 7/11 Austin (assumes all 7/11 stores) Not confirmed (Anywhere they accept paypass, wallet should work. McDonalds, home depot, whataburger, cvs, and many more.)
3. McDonalds and Bestbuys. (City unknown).
4. Google Wallet and NFC tags (City unknown).
5.Jamba Juice in Gilroy, CA, and to buy a Coke out of a vending machine in Tulare, CA.
6. NFC feature used in conjuction with mifare card.(City unknown).
7. One former user of paypass seem to have given up on this since it is not as convenient as credit cards.(City unknown).
8. Vending machine in Vegas.

Latest status of this thread. 158 views, 8 votes (including mine.) 3 replies to the actual question...!! Hmmmmm.... nothing here!!

Last edited:

thunder2132

Mar 11, 2011
Michigan
I loved Wallet when Best Buy (my employer) accepted wireless payment. Now that they don't I don't have much reason for it. I had some money left over on it which I spent at a Meijer gas station. Meijer is the only company that comes to mined that accepts NFC payment that I actually shop at.

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
Anywhere they accept paypass, wallet should work. 7-11, McDonalds, home depot, whataburger, cvs, and many more. Just GOOGLE paypass locations. I've read about people claiming it affects signal but if I remove my battery cover I don't see any difference in signal, unlike I've read claims to.
http://www.google.com/wallet/where-it-works.html

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

newuser02

Oct 17, 2010
Concord, CA
Anywhere they accept paypass, wallet should work. 7-11, McDonalds, home depot, whataburger, cvs, and many more.
Hello, dpeeps74. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Can I assume that you do infact use the service personally at these stores? And you find them convinient? :p
Regards.

And thanks to hunder2132 also for stopping by.:)

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
I use it at 7-11 from time to time. I have used it at a few places. I actually want to use nfc more but with nfc tags. I'd probably use it more as a payment device if I could add my own cards.

Reactions: newuser02

resetreflectt

Jan 29, 2011
Cypress, TX
If there happens to be NFC payment where I'm at, I use it. I've used it at McDonalds and Best Buy. I use it frequently at those places, and each time I get the funniest reactions out of people lol

newuser02

Oct 17, 2010
Concord, CA
I have added summary to the OP. By the amount of attention this is getting, I assume there just isn't enought user of this tech and is pretty much dead. At least to me.
I did find a McDonald's today and Inquired.... They said it is working. But the next one I stopped at it as broken. They didn't know when was the last time it worked!!

Wow... I said.
Actually though about testing it out and see if it's as good as they say it is?? But I guess not.

Shame!
Noob.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Use the paypass locator app. Its in the Play Store.

I use it for Google Wallet and NFC tags. I use my tags daily.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

MotorcycleKopp

Dec 21, 2010
Bakersfield, CA
I've used it in a Jamba Juice in Gilroy, CA, and to buy a Coke out of a vending machine in Tulare, CA.

I like it a lot. I need to add more funds to my Google Wallet and use it more. Wish I could use it everywhere.

I've also been meaning to buy some NFC writable tags for use at home, in the car, and at work.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

wolftec

Jul 15, 2011
For developing

I've recently developed a machine that makes use of mifare cards, and used the NFC feature to see what was written on the card.

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
I used it to flash some blank nfc tags when i got it but since then i just turn it off. It is easier for me to pay with my credit card since i always have my wallet with my license in it anyway. In fact my credit card is even a pay pass card but i always forget that and just swipe it.

turmoil4eva

Mar 22, 2012
I use mine with file expert great good transferring files to another nfc device

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use it at 7-11 from time to time. I have used it at a few places. I actually want to use nfc more but with nfc tags. I'd probably use it more as a payment device if I could add my own cards.