[HELP] I9505 network signal problem

Search This thread

Run4silver

Apr 21, 2014
Hi, im from peru, recently bought a cell phone model: Samsung S4 I9505 Factory Unlocked (AP:i9505xxuemk8 Modem: i9505xxuamdc CSC: i9505btuemk5) Android 4.3; the phone recognizes my network operator (movistar) without problems but when the phone goes into "deep sleep" mode and i turn on, it loses signal (check images) and the signal returns after a few seconds (or minuts), only GSM Netwotk Mode works fine, please be patient with me, because i'm newbie, thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-21-12-16-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-21-12-16-36.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,125
  • Screenshot_2014-04-21-12-17-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-21-12-17-05.png
    106 KB · Views: 1,111
  • Screenshot_2014-04-21-12-08-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-21-12-08-24.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,093
Last edited:

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi, im from peru, recently bought a cell phone model: Samsung S4 I9505 Factory Unlocked (AP:i9505xxuemk8 Modem: i9505xxuamdc CSC: i9505btuemk5) Android 4.3; the phone recognizes my network operator (movistar) without problems but when the phone goes into "deep sleep" mode and i turn on, it loses signal (check images) and the signal returns after a few seconds (or minuts), only GSM Netwotk Mode works fine, please be patient with me, because i'm newbie, thank you.
All is ok less the modem. You will have to download and extract this MODEM. How?
1. Download ODIN and start it as administrator.
2. Now open the windows taskmaster. End all "Kies" processes.
3. In Odin untick "Auto reboot"
4. For the bootloader select BL and browse to your bootloader file.
5. For the modem select CP/PHONE and browse to your modem file.
The next step is VERY IMPORTANT
6. Power off your phone
7. Start your phone into download mode by holding Home button + Vol down + Power button. Volume Up then (PIC 1)
8. Once your phone is in download mode, connect it to your PC. (Best results always with your original Samsung USB cable)
-Odin should say "Added" now.
9. Press the Start button in Odin and let it do it's magic. Wait. (PIC 2)
10. When Odin shows "PASS" you can unplug your phone.
IMPORTANT: WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE "PASS" DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE BEFORE!
11. When you have unplugged your phone, it is still in download mode. Just hold the power button about 8 seconds until your phone reboots.
DONE
Go to Settings/More/About device. There you will see your new baseband.
12. Do this process one time more if u still seeing the old modem/baseband.

Attachments

• download-mode-samsung.jpg
    download-mode-samsung.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 875
  • attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 944
Last edited:
Reactions: Run4silver

Run4silver

Apr 21, 2014
Joku1981 thank you for ur help, i installed the modem and now everything works fine!!! thank you very much!!!
after installing the modem, i have received the message to update to android 4.4.2, I'm very happy :)

FerrarisIV

Aug 22, 2013
Rome
Joku1981 thank you for ur help, i installed the modem and now everything works fine!!! thank you very much!!!
after installing the modem, i have received the message to update to android 4.4.2, I'm very happy :)

Hi. I have the same device and the same firmware and, unfortunately, the same problem :(

Can i flash this modem by Odin on my device NO-rooted ?
Thank you in advance

ps: Hola Perù :)

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi. I have the same device and the same firmware and, unfortunately, the same problem :(

Can i flash this modem by Odin on my device NO-rooted ?
Thank you in advance

ps: Hola Perù :)
Flash modem can void ur warranty. Flash a second time the same firmware u are using through ODIN for rewrite the baseband and no void ur warranty :highfive:. It should works :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All is ok less the modem. You will have to download and extract this MODEM. How?
    1. Download ODIN and start it as administrator.
    2. Now open the windows taskmaster. End all "Kies" processes.
    3. In Odin untick "Auto reboot"
    4. For the bootloader select BL and browse to your bootloader file.
    5. For the modem select CP/PHONE and browse to your modem file.
    The next step is VERY IMPORTANT
    6. Power off your phone
    7. Start your phone into download mode by holding Home button + Vol down + Power button. Volume Up then (PIC 1)
    8. Once your phone is in download mode, connect it to your PC. (Best results always with your original Samsung USB cable)
    -Odin should say "Added" now.
    9. Press the Start button in Odin and let it do it's magic. Wait. (PIC 2)
    10. When Odin shows "PASS" you can unplug your phone.
    IMPORTANT: WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE "PASS" DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE BEFORE!
    11. When you have unplugged your phone, it is still in download mode. Just hold the power button about 8 seconds until your phone reboots.
    DONE
    Go to Settings/More/About device. There you will see your new baseband.
    12. Do this process one time more if u still seeing the old modem/baseband.