Better battery life with 4.4.3?

Search This thread

hx4700 user

Sep 18, 2007
Nexus 5, rooted, dirty upgrade using NRT - Nexus Root Toolkit.

Dreadful battery life, far far worse than before. UPdated yeasterday and charged overnight. This morning with my phone mostly unused in my pocket, it nearly burned a hole in my leg due to the heat it was generating. Android System an Google Play Services were the major culprits. I had updated all my apps before updating android, and nothing showed as having updated this morning.

I had to charge it at lunchtime, as it was down below 20%, and again around 9 pm as it was again down to 20%.

Google say that it is the fault of incompatible apps. But they weren't incompatible, and now they are, and the only thing that has changed is their update :mad:

They have definitely broken the rSAP app which I used to connect to my car's inbuilt hands free system. The developer has identified that it is in the radio, as flashing the old radio makes it work, but he cannot find out what. I hate google.

If you use a hands free, the threads I have found all seem to show problems, so be wary of installing this update. I updated as I had not found anything against it and indeed this thread suggests much better battery life.

D

Darth

Nexus 5, rooted, dirty upgrade using NRT - Nexus Root Toolkit.

Dreadful battery life, far far worse than before. UPdated yeasterday and charged overnight. This morning with my phone mostly unused in my pocket, it nearly burned a hole in my leg due to the heat it was generating. Android System an Google Play Services were the major culprits. I had updated all my apps before updating android, and nothing showed as having updated this morning.

I had to charge it at lunchtime, as it was down below 20%, and again around 9 pm as it was again down to 20%.

Google say that it is the fault of incompatible apps. But they weren't incompatible, and now they are, and the only thing that has changed is their update :mad:

They have definitely broken the rSAP app which I used to connect to my car's inbuilt hands free system. The developer has identified that it is in the radio, as flashing the old radio makes it work, but he cannot find out what. I hate google.

If you use a hands free, the threads I have found all seem to show problems, so be wary of installing this update. I updated as I had not found anything against it and indeed this thread suggests much better battery life.
As I always say, its more than likely due to location services. Android just can't seem to make it efficient.

Turn location services off for a day, you'll see the huge difference I'm sure. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    one full day use cant tell you how battery life is. battery life can change every cycle, its all about your use for that day and the quality of signal. after 4 days to a week you will have an idea about battery life.
    about the same as 4.4.2.... CM11 is still better choice if you are concern about battery life, probably due to the complete Google Play Services package.

i disagree. cm has nothing good for battery. battery life is determined by your personal use, your personal setup, your apps installed, and the quality of the data/phone signal. kernels and roms do very little for battery.