Search This thread

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com
thanks for the answer.

firmware is different than the android version? what I mean is should I go ahead and backup using 4EXT, update the firmware, install the ARHD ICS ROM, restore my 4EXT backup and it should go fine?

Sorry If I ask too much but I just want to make sure, it's a big deal for me, and it's a noob friendly thread :)

If you restore 4ext backup after ARHD flashing , it will overwrite everything except firmware. So you will lose ARHD and get back your stock. This may lead to bootloop as the new firmware is still there. Please do read about nandroid backup.

Here is the thread where you will get all preleminary know how and important links.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1480061

Hope this makes you clear.

Reactions: dARTillery

dARTillery

Feb 10, 2012
Firmware is different than the ROM.

The Firmware is the base level of the phone that MAKES everything work.

The ROM is what dictates HOW everything works.

That's a REALLY oversimplified version.

uh huh, so I should find another way to backup my contacts, settings , apps etc.
can you recommend something?

EDIT: thanks musarraf172 , I'll read up on that page :)

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com
uh huh, so I should find another way to backup my contacts, settings , apps etc.
can you recommend something?

EDIT: thanks musarraf172 , I'll read up on that page :)

1. For contact you can simply export them on your sdcard by default contact app.

2. For SMS there are many apps in market.

3. For apps , buy Titanium Backup Pro from Market. Ii is just awsome .
It will be worth buy.

dARTillery

Feb 10, 2012
Sadly I don't live in the US so I can't buy stuff off the market.

anyway, thanks for the help and for your guide, It also directed me to a very helpful thread here using both , I'll try to install it tonight I guess, and hope for the best :)

vonlance

Jan 15, 2008
bootlooping

hello all

currently on an old GB version of insertcoin and finally took the plunge to move into insertcoin ICS but i've hit the dreaded bootloop on the sensation XE

nandroid backed up

ive installed the newest firmware as posted by baad yesterday

i have superCID 11111111, s-off revolutionary

when in recovery i wipe data/factory setting, dalvik and cache

im trying to install the newest insertcoin 4.5.2

my hboot is 1.27
radio is 11.21.3504.13_2

i read during installation that i need radio to be 11.68 and this is the only thing
that i can think of that is causing the bootloop, but doesn't insertcoin 4.5.2 come with newest hboot and radio?

i have also not used super script wipe as i manually wiped through recovery, does this make a difference?

tried to grab some help from the insertcoin forums but no replies so far

thanks guys

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Sadly I don't live in the US so I can't buy stuff off the market.

anyway, thanks for the help and for your guide, It also directed me to a very helpful thread here using both , I'll try to install it tonight I guess, and hope for the best :)

There are ways around that, so you can access the US Android Market from outside the US.

I've never done it so I can't walk you through it. But there are ways if you search these forums.

You can also get Titanium Backup directly from their site.

This is the download link.

http://matrixrewriter.com/android/files/TitaniumBackup_latest.apk

Just download it, copy it to your SD card, go to your android security settings and check "Install apps from unknown locations" and finally just find the APK on your SD card and click it. (Use a file manager to do that)

It'll install Titanium Backup for you and as long as you're rooted you'll be ready to back up all your apps and settings.

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com
hello all

currently on an old GB version of insertcoin and finally took the plunge to move into insertcoin ICS but i've hit the dreaded bootloop on the sensation XE

nandroid backed up

my hboot is 1.27
radio is 11.21.3504.13_2

i read during installation that i need radio to be 11.68 and this is the only thing
that i can think of that is causing the bootloop, but doesn't insertcoin 4.5.2 come with newest hboot and radio?

i have also not used super script wipe as i manually wiped through recovery, does this make a difference?

thanks guys

Your firmware seems to be fine. And Radio is also the suggested one. Actually bootloader screen does not show the full version no. of the radio. It is only posible to see in the baseband info after the phone has booted. The full version info of your radio is 11.68.3504.00U_11.21.3504.13_2 . But shows only the highlighted part.

I doubt its a bad flash. Please check md5 checksum after you download insertcoin 4.5.2 .

I did not use insertcoin ever. So more than this I can't tell you.

Last edited:

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
hello all

nandroid backed up

my hboot is 1.27
radio is 11.21.3504.13_2

thanks guys

First off, did you let the boot process sit for a long time the first time you booted with the new ROM after upgrading firmware?

It should take like 5-10 minutes. It's been known to take like 20 to boot up that first time. So unless you already let it sit there for like 30-40 minutes just to make sure it wasn't even going to boot, try that.

If that doesn't work, download a new copy of the ROM just in case you got a bad download or something. Then try the re flashing of the ROM again from the start.

Sometimes things just go wrong during an install. Redoing it usually fixes that.

I'm assuming your firmware flashed correctly since things like the recovery and bootloader work. But if all else fails get a new copy of the firmeware and reflash that just to make sure.

dARTillery

Feb 10, 2012
I already downloaded and installed the free version, but I'll look into buying it from their website, and it's reassuring to know that there are ways to use the market.thanks again for the help.

vonlance

Jan 15, 2008
thanks for the quick reply

the checksum md5 is fine.

if i reboot to my nandroid back up can i try this all over again?

cheers

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

First off, did you let the boot process sit for a long time the first time you booted with the new ROM after upgrading firmware?

It should take like 5-10 minutes. It's been known to take like 20 to boot up that first time. So unless you already let it sit there for like 30-40 minutes just to make sure it wasn't even going to boot, try that.

If that doesn't work, download a new copy of the ROM just in case you got a bad download or something. Then try the re flashing of the ROM again from the start.

Sometimes things just go wrong during an install. Redoing it usually fixes that.

I'm assuming your firmware flashed correctly since things like the recovery and bootloader work. But if all else fails get a new copy of the firmeware and reflash that just to make sure.

is there a definition of bootlooping? like after 30mins?

will i know if its just booting for the first time or going into a bootloop?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
thanks for the quick reply

the checksum md5 is fine.

if i reboot to my nandroid back up can i try this all over again?

You don't have to reflash the back up to start over with the new ROM. The new ROM will just delete the back up first anyway.

You can just start over from the recovery module. Just make sure you wipe dalvik and cache (and everything else except the SD card for that matter) before you start.

Once it says it's going just put the phone down and walk away. Give it 30 minutes. So watch TV or make lunch.

If you come back 30 minutes later and it's still on the boot animation, something is wrong.

chlap

Oct 12, 2010
Add-ons

I running Android Revolution HD with Ice Cream Sandwich & HTC Sense 3.6

Based on 3.25.401.101 HTC test leaked ROM with Android 4.0.3, HTC Sense 3.6 & Audio Beats

&

3.24.401.1 HTC test leaked ROM with Android 4.0.3 & HTC Sense 3.6

I want use same addons but which one suit for this rom above?

Thansk

Mods and Add-Ons for all ARHD versions
Mods and Add-Ons for ARHD 6.2.x
Mods and Add-Ons for ARHD 3.6.x
Mods and Add-Ons for ARHD 4.1.x

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Before on Desire when I change size of partition on sd card and after that I tried do nandroid backup with different size fat32 and ext4 - I failed. I understand that.

But my question is. On Sensation xe is all different? Because all aps are installed on internal memory.

Is this right.

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com
I running Android Revolution HD with Ice Cream Sandwich & HTC Sense 3.6

Based on 3.25.401.101 HTC test leaked ROM with Android 4.0.3, HTC Sense 3.6 & Audio Beats

&

3.24.401.1 HTC test leaked ROM with Android 4.0.3 & HTC Sense 3.6

I want use same addons but which one suit for this rom above?

Thansk

Mods and Add-Ons for all ARHD versions
Mods and Add-Ons for ARHD 6.2.x
Mods and Add-Ons for ARHD 3.6.x
Mods and Add-Ons for ARHD 4.1.x

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Before on Desire when I change size of partition on sd card and after that I tried do nandroid backup with different size fat32 and ext4 - I failed. I understand that.

But my question is. On Sensation xe is all different? Because all aps are installed on internal memory.

Is this right.

Use these "Mods and Add-Ons for ARHD 6.2.x" ..

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
hello all

nandroid backed up

my hboot is 1.27
radio is 11.21.3504.13_2

thanks guys

For some people 3.25 roms only boot on 3.12 firmware, weird, I know. Just try that fw.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Reactions: vonlance

vonlance

Jan 15, 2008
You don't have to reflash the back up to start over with the new ROM. The new ROM will just delete the back up first anyway.

You can just start over from the recovery module. Just make sure you wipe dalvik and cache (and everything else except the SD card for that matter) before you start.

Once it says it's going just put the phone down and walk away. Give it 30 minutes. So watch TV or make lunch.

If you come back 30 minutes later and it's still on the boot animation, something is wrong.

still stuck on this ;/

redownloaded both firmware and ROM and it's still bootlooping( waited over 30mins).

do i need to format as well as wipe?
i've not used the superwipe script.

and do i have to reboot after each step?

firmware, reboot, wipe & format, reboot, install ROM then reboot?

thanks guys im almost about to give up :(

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

For some people 3.25 roms only boot on 3.12 firmware, weird, I know. Just try that fw.

will give that firmware a try after this thanks!

rawdawgroy

Jul 27, 2011
Im looking for a from that has sense 3.5 and Android 4.03 I seen it was one posted in the earlier pages but that link doesn't let me download... Help please

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
Since this is a noob friendly thread...How can I change the H icon for the 4G icon.

Now, please don't tell me to use ninjamorph. Why? Because I can't find the H icon.....Believe I tried.

So is there any other way of getting the 4G icon instead of the (boring and not impressive to your friends) H icon.

PS: I am running the virtuous 3.0.0 rom (AOSP 4.0.3) Stock kernel.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Since this is a noob friendly thread...How can I change the H icon for the 4G icon.

Now, please don't tell me to use ninjamorph. Why? Because I can't find the H icon.....Believe I tried.

So is there any other way of getting the 4G icon instead of the (boring and not impressive to your friends) H icon.

PS: I am running the virtuous 3.0.0 rom (AOSP 4.0.3) Stock kernel.

Funny. I prefer H. Just shows how.much.marjeting affects what we like. Each Rom.has add-ons sections, so have a look in there. Four example InsertCoin asks you on industrial wherever your phone is US and installs 4G icon.

Reactions: beston94

irishbuckley

Feb 12, 2012
Firmware bootloop

Hey Guys,

Trying to install a custom ROM and I'm getting stuck on installing the latest firmware 3.24.

I've rooted my phone, it's S-OFF, installed clockwork, have superCID and all that. Howver, everytime I go to install the latest firmware I get a boot loop. It installs fine and then says power off to reboot which I do. It goes to black screen and then never reboot.?

I've been patient and have left my phone for well over an hour in which time it still didn't reboot. Now, when I switch it on, it gets as far as the quietly brillant and then crashes.

Phone details:

Revolutionary
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S_OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.21.3504.13_2
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0104
eMMc-boot

I can install the friendly firmware 3.12 no problem.

Some help would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts