[ROM]-[22-APR-2012]-MikTouch-0.5-[Stock, Optimized Sense]

Search This thread

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Anyone have any advice on the power button issue? It takes me about 7 or 8 tries to turn off the screen when plugged in. It takes me about 2 or 3 times to get it back on when plugged in.

Yes, quite hilarious.

Are you sure your not hitting the camera button or any other button? There is no issues with the function of power with this ROM. You should be able to hold camera and unlock directly into camera. Power wakes it. I released a menu wake mod also to aid in not reaching to the top of the phone because I'm a small guy. And when I use my right hand and my index finger to unlock I'm actually pushing the camera key with my palm and it starts to wake then power shuts it right back down

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
I've never seen that on this ROM, or any other I've tried.

Are you sure your not hitting the camera button or any other button? There is no issues with the function of power with this ROM. You should be able to hold camera and unlock directly into camera. Power wakes it. I released a menu wake mod also to aid in not reaching to the top of the phone because I'm a small guy. And when I use my right hand and my index finger to unlock I'm actually pushing the camera key with my palm and it starts to wake then power shuts it right back down

Hmm Interesting. I'm only hitting the power button. Here is video of what I'm referring to...

http://youtu.be/1ZqnOOyEIqE

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
That ain't no joke, id be pissed. Is it like that on any other ROM? Does it feel like your button may be stuck?

Button's not stuck. You can hear the button press faintly. Everything is in good shape, otherwise. I haven't had this happen with stock, stock rooted and unlocked, Primadonna, or Inquisition.

I have not reflashed MikTouch yet. I just wanted to let the devs know before I did anything in case they were curious.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Button's not stuck. You can hear the button press faintly. Everything is in good shape, otherwise. I haven't had this happen with stock, stock rooted and unlocked, Primadonna, or Inquisition.

I have not reflashed MikTouch yet. I just wanted to let the devs know before I did anything in case they were curious.

Yeah that's odd I've never had that happen at all...:eek:

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I just flashed a back up of Mik and found that I need to push the power button several times to get the screen to turn off if plugged into the charger.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
I just flashed a back up of Mik and found that I need to push the power button several times to get the screen to turn off if plugged into the charger.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
I just tried it. Works normal here, on the charger or off. Running Miktouch 0.7 with the Genius patch as well as the Smooth Rosie/Scrolling App Drawer/No Recent Apps patch, and the first of the OC/UV kernels with smartassv2 governor.

mike102871

Feb 20, 2011
Motorola Edge 20

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
When I tried this, phone would notboot. Froze as splash screen. I wipede dalvik beforeflash. Did I do something wrong?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

No, I usually wipe both but its shown to have issues with some phones. It could be the speed it boots at cause its pegged but ill do one more compile before calling it quits

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Thank you for your efforts. Ill keep a check back on this.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Yeah maybe by tomorrow night I can have my other hard drive setup to cook kernels for the doubleshot. I noticed I was still using my speedy toolchain which is 4.4.1 and not 4.4.3 like I seen mentioned in cm9 thread. So ill do that and ill also try to change a couple commands to see if it builds differently. I just don't understand why my phone loves these kernels and everyone elses hates them

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Yeah maybe by tomorrow night I can have my other hard drive setup to cook kernels for the doubleshot. I noticed I was still using my speedy toolchain which is 4.4.1 and not 4.4.3 like I seen mentioned in cm9 thread. So ill do that and ill also try to change a couple commands to see if it builds differently. I just don't understand why my phone loves these kernels and everyone elses hates them
Your phone doesn't want to disappoint daddy? hehe :D

Top Liked Posts