[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 10 Thread

Search This thread

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
I tried to unlock but it prompts me a message that says, Fastboot device was not found. Have already installed drivers via PdaNet, tried using USB 3.0 & 2.0 ports. Tried deleting drivers and re installing them. Please help. Thanks

I'm on win 7, 64 bit.
Have you tried rebooting your pc after installing the driver, and is your nexus 10 on bootloader mode when you try to unlock it?

Reactions: knightrazor

krash_control

Jan 23, 2009
I tried to unlock but it prompts me a message that says, Fastboot device was not found. Have already installed drivers via PdaNet, tried using USB 3.0 & 2.0 ports. Tried deleting drivers and re installing them. Please help. Thanks

I'm on win 7, 64 bit.

I did this on my 64Bit Win 7 machine a few nights ago. Use the RAW drivers as the app recommends. If I were you, I'd remove the PDANet drivers, and follow the prompts/wizard to install the raw drivers. It has screen shots and as long as you read it carefully, it works really well. It even has a button at the bottom of one of the screens to copy the path for the drivers to your clipboard which I thought was simple, but REALLY cool and useful :)

Just follow the steps, it'll work ;)

Reactions: knightrazor

fragolino74

Sep 3, 2008
Hello everyone and I apologize because I do not speak English but only Italian.
I translated with google traslator.
I used root toolkit to unlock the bootloader.
After you do this from the options visible on the device I rebooted.
I definitely wrong with the procedure.
Now the nexus remains the logo of x.
Moving in recovry mode is the symbol of the Android robot and then resets and returns to the screen with the x.
Now press the power button and volume - are entered in the Device information screen ... with the difference that in the robot it says downloading.
I think that with rool kit can correct the mistake that I did, but I could use a big help.
thanks to all

knightrazor

Nov 3, 2012
I did this on my 64Bit Win 7 machine a few nights ago. Use the RAW drivers as the app recommends. If I were you, I'd remove the PDANet drivers, and follow the prompts/wizard to install the raw drivers. It has screen shots and as long as you read it carefully, it works really well. It even has a button at the bottom of one of the screens to copy the path for the drivers to your clipboard which I thought was simple, but REALLY cool and useful :)

Just follow the steps, it'll work ;)

I uninstalled PdaNet, uninstalled drivers (Device Manager & USBDeview), Restart, Installed Method #3 - Raw Drivers (path: C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\data\Drivers) and currently it shows as Google Nexus 4 ADB Interface. And it still does not detect fastboot.

Delete and retry and still no results, please help

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
I uninstalled PdaNet, uninstalled drivers (Device Manager & USBDeview), Restart, Installed Method #3 - Raw Drivers (path: C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\data\Drivers) and currently it shows as Google Nexus 4 ADB Interface. And it still does not detect fastboot.

Delete and retry and still no results, please help
I had this same problem. Then I installed the pdanet drivers again (didn't uninstall them before reinstalling) following the instructions in the toolkit, rebooted, and it worked. If it shows up as Nexus 4 adb interface you have to use another drivers.

krash_control

Jan 23, 2009
Hello everyone and I apologize because I do not speak English but only Italian.
I translated with google traslator.
I used root toolkit to unlock the bootloader.
After you do this from the options visible on the device I rebooted.
I definitely wrong with the procedure.
Now the nexus remains the logo of x.
Moving in recovry mode is the symbol of the Android robot and then resets and returns to the screen with the x.
Now press the power button and volume - are entered in the Device information screen ... with the difference that in the robot it says downloading.
I think that with rool kit can correct the mistake that I did, but I could use a big help.
thanks to all

I had the same problem and I read that someone else on this thread had the same issue. Try reflashing the stock ROM and then try the unlock and root procedure again. That's what I had to do anyway.

midgetzombiekiller

Feb 8, 2012
The Colony,Texas
TWRP fails here too. What did you do to fix the problem? I cant seem to get anything to work!

This is what I have to do after the first twrp factory reset fails:

1. Properly and completely turn off your device.
2. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android icon lying on its back.
3. Press Volume Down twice until the screen says “Recovery mode.”
4. Press Power to restart into “Recovery mode.” You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
5. Tap Volume Up key while hold and press Power button.
6. Use the volume keys to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power to comfirm.
7. Use the volume keys to scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press Power to confirm.
8. Your device will reboot itself after the data wipe completed.

djnikko

Mar 16, 2007
www.boostfm.com
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13] : Nexus 10 Thread

2. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android icon lying on its back.
4. Press Power to restart into “Recovery mode.” You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
6. Use the volume keys to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power to comfirm.
7. Use the volume keys to scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press Power to confirm.

my god you saved me from going postal.. without this info I had anxiety. this needs to be in op..

posted by Droid DNA/ Nexus 10

ultim

Mar 26, 2011

i think this is a common problem and needs to be added to the first post.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgarrand

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
hey if someone could help me im stuck myself, after i had the dead android in recovery mode i tried to flash software with the toolkit in fastboot and now when i go to recovery its just a blank screen till i hold the bottom combo again and it takes me back to fastboot

guji-dude

May 28, 2010
hey,what happens when during unlock bootloader process, you turn the device off when it gets stuck booting back up.
coz thats what i did and i cant turn itback onn!!!
cant turn back on or get into bootloader

Edit...fixed it, let battery drain then charged and got into bootloader

Last edited:

Jdobrich

Jun 13, 2009
Colorado Springs
Same Issues

i think this is a common problem and needs to be added to the first post.

I too failed the TWRP factory reset. Went into boot loop. When I try to perform a factory reset from stock recovery I get an image of the android on his back and text below it that says "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" And it just seems to hang there. How long should it take to download? I never get a chance to select the factory reset option.:confused:

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13] : Nexus 10 Thread

I too failed the TWRP factory reset. Went into boot loop. When I try to perform a factory reset from stock recovery I get an image of the android on his back and text below it that says "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" And it just seems to hang there. How long should it take to download? I never get a chance to select the factory reset option.:confused:

You are not in recovery mode, you are in ODIN download mode. Just power off and do it again. Follow the proper instructions for getting into bootloader mode and then getting into recovery.

{{ WugFresh }}

Konvict808

Oct 7, 2010
Las Vegas

I can't get to step 4. When I press volume down twice it says recovery mode on the left side, then I press the power button to restart into recovery mode and the screen just goes blank..please help. Being in a bootloop sucks!

Sent from my EVOLTE using XDA premium!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
    2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
    3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
    4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
    5. You will see an android on its back
    6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
    7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
    8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    TWRP fails here too. What did you do to fix the problem? I cant seem to get anything to work!

Are you going to update "[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit" to install Root and Recovery with version 4.3?

Yes, by tomorrow.

{{ WugFresh }}