Restoring Defaults after using Trickster MOD

Search This thread

myotai

May 25, 2013
Just wondering if there is a way to restore device to defaults after using Trickster?

Thanks in advance!

Tony...

myotai

May 25, 2013
You have stock kernel ?? :) Trickster won't give you much options mate ... and my guess is it doesnt even work with stock kernel . You need OTHERS kernels like CIVZ or X-Note Kernel or Omega Kernel.

Maybe, but to be honest I am yet to be convinced as to how much I would benefit from a custom ROM. I scared myself after tripping the KNOX Counter without being aware of it. I currently have it rooted for a few apps only (Titanium and so on).

Plus seems ClockworkMOD Recovery isn't available for my N9005 (thats the message i get when trying to install it). TWERP not working despite ROM Manager stating it is installed. AND therefore....(are you still there?) I can't currently boot into a custom recovery mode anyway.

Phew!

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Maybe, but to be honest I am yet to be convinced as to how much I would benefit from a custom ROM. I scared myself after tripping the KNOX Counter without being aware of it. I currently have it rooted for a few apps only (Titanium and so on).

Plus seems ClockworkMOD Recovery isn't available for my N9005 (thats the message i get when trying to install it). TWERP not working despite ROM Manager stating it is installed. AND therefore....(are you still there?) I can't currently boot into a custom recovery mode anyway.

Phew!

you have to flash the latest recovery through odin , for twrp LINK1 TWRP 2.7.0.0 DOWNLOAD this file and flash it through ODIN 1.85 as that works best for recoverys and rooting .
if that recovery doesnt work try one of its older version
LINK2 TWRP 2.6.3.8

Reactions: myotai

myotai

May 25, 2013
you have to flash the latest recovery through odin , for twrp LINK1 TWRP 2.7.0.0 DOWNLOAD this file and flash it through ODIN 1.85 as that works best for recoverys and rooting .
if that recovery doesnt work try one of its older version
LINK2 TWRP 2.6.3.8

I'll install TWRP later - I preferred that when I had the Note 2

But in terms of ROMS, is it worth it....really? I can't recall being as excited about a custom ROM as I was about Jailbreaking iOS and installing Cydia.

fahadali2315

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
I'll install TWRP later - I preferred that when I had the Note 2

But in terms of ROMS, is it worth it....really? I can't recall being as excited about a custom ROM as I was about Jailbreaking iOS and installing Cydia.

Lol i know the feeling :p I am not saying this because i am a small part of x-note team :) but you should try x-note roms and you will see what features you might be missing on :) or for that matter any aosp rom or any other tw roms
MOST features on TW X-NOTE currently.

myotai

May 25, 2013
Lol i know the feeling :p I am not saying this because i am a small part of x-note team :) but you should try x-note roms and you will see what features you might be missing on :) or for that matter any aosp rom or any other tw roms
MOST features on TW X-NOTE currently.

So, having been out of the affray for sometime, where is the best place to get the X-Note ROM for my N9005?

Tony...

G

GuestK0079

Lol, why do lazy people always start their question with a "Just wondering..." ? There's a faq on the trickster mod thread, the Web is full of similar posts, but still...

Sent from my N9005

Last edited:

myotai

May 25, 2013
Lol, why do lazy people always start their question with a "Just wondering..." ? There's a faq on the trickster mod thread, the Web is full of similar posts, but still...

Sent from my N9005

How presumptuous...

Far from being lazy, I am actually an extremely busy health care professional with a huge caseload of patients. I am not afforded the time that you might have in your job (presuming that you're working and not peeling stickers off your skateboard that is).

I took a rare lunch-break and thought I would ask a question. If that upset you maybe I should book you in with a colleague for some help?

Anyway, back to work - or your PlayStation maybe(?).

Thanks for your input, it was massively unhelpful, I'd appreciate it if you refrained from commenting on any of my future posts.....including this one. I doubt whether you'll be able to help yourself though....:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts