sync between Windows Phone 7 and Microsoft Outlook

Search This thread

starsprite

Apr 25, 2011
Customers have been experiencing problems about sync between Windows Phone 7 and Microsoft Outlook. Many solutions are out there but our customers are asking for easier to use information. I wanted to share out this Guided Walkthrough. It has step by step instructions and hopefully customers will find this a more user friendly experience. I hope people find this to be helpful. (Discl: I sit on a Microsoft team)

//bit.ly/hQPy3F

Customers have been experiencing problems about sync between Windows Phone 7 and Microsoft Outlook. Many solutions are out there but our customers are asking for easier to use information. I wanted to share out this Guided Walkthrough. It has step by step instructions and hopefully customers will find this a more user friendly experience. I hope people find this to be helpful. (Discl: I sit on a Microsoft team)

//bit.ly/hQPy3F

thanks, went through this and stumbled at the point where you copy your Outlook Main calendar into the WL account. You could also tell Outlook to only use your WL calendar. Of course this won't get you the already populated data into the WL calendar but it will sync anything you put into the Outlook calendar as well (which is now your WL calendar). In our case we have Rainlendar desktop calendar connected to Outlook. Any changes we make to the Rainlendar calendar will automatically show up on Phone.

duckboxxer

Jun 3, 2008
On the other side

Any hope of a solution that doesn't going through a third party online service? Trying to abide by company security policies which means Outlook data goes from your desktop to your phone or it does go at all. And I can't connect straight to the server from my phone. All I want is my calendar.

Last edited:

duckboxxer

Jun 3, 2008
hold on...

crazy ass idea. I know squat about hardware, so tell me quickly this won't work. I actually haven't purchased a new WinPho 7 yet. Want to. Calendar syncing is the only hold up. Are SIM cards backwards compatible? I've got an HTC Fuze. Syncing my calendar there is no issue. So is it possible to sync my calendar there to that SIM card and then move the card to the WP7 device and import the calendar entries there?

slight22

Aug 24, 2009
As i'm not fighting with outlook, I saved all my contacts to my SIM card on my old phone. Is there any way to get them off the SIM card into the new phone (dell venue pro)

munkeyphyst

Mar 9, 2011
Chicago
In the people hub, press and hold on the word "people" at the top, go into settings

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

taxim

Aug 15, 2007
Chandler
Simple Solution

Make WP7 and Outlook sync directly. The cloud is fine but for those of us who want to keep out data close at hand, there is not solution.

Of all the WM 6.5 things most of us miss the most is the direct sync via USB or BT wireless of contacts, calendars, tasks; etc.:mad:

Please tell me a direct simple solution for this will be available; either before mango or in Mango. I don't want to hear that it won't be available at all.

Reactions: imaginarynumber
Its ridiculous, what MS are doing have done! Any small business has been seriously affected by this, (If you used 6.5>)

I am still surprised at how set on the fact they are on the Cloud! Technology is brilliant, but used properly. MS are running along with eyes closed looking at Google and Apple every now and again, and then closing their eyes!

The WP7 would be by far the most efficient, in both power and usability, phone out there if they could rectify such a simple problem...

Will

Reactions: imaginarynumber

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Solution

Make WP7 and Outlook sync directly. The cloud is fine but for those of us who want to keep out data close at hand, there is not solution.

Of all the WM 6.5 things most of us miss the most is the direct sync via USB or BT wireless of contacts, calendars, tasks; etc.:mad:

Please tell me a direct simple solution for this will be available; either before mango or in Mango. I don't want to hear that it won't be available at all.
    Its ridiculous, what MS are doing have done! Any small business has been seriously affected by this, (If you used 6.5>)

I am still surprised at how set on the fact they are on the Cloud! Technology is brilliant, but used properly. MS are running along with eyes closed looking at Google and Apple every now and again, and then closing their eyes!

The WP7 would be by far the most efficient, in both power and usability, phone out there if they could rectify such a simple problem...

Will