Toolbox

Search This thread

friedje

Oct 29, 2006
Chartres
CF root kernel is same like stock kernel + emms erase cap command disable + CWM

Just one remark, the CF root kernel does NOT have the erase command disabled

For the rest, thank you for all your work on XDA making useful and informative threads.

friedje

Oct 29, 2006
Chartres
Cf have patched cwmr and can't pass bad command to kernel, so you can safely use it for wipe cache/wipe data/nadroid backup restore
Isn't it?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Yes and no, yes he did, but the command is still present in the cf-root kernel and can be activated when installing zips that issue a format command.

So it is not 100% safe

shawnthecableguy

Apr 25, 2004
"10.N7000 ICS Bootloader - Flash as PDA in Odin with/without pit(depend on situation) - For expert user only"

Can u plz check the file?

I get md5 mismatch when trying to flash in Odin?

shawnthecableguy

Apr 25, 2004
I can't check md5 without running, re download and try.

Yeah, I tried 4 times..

The file name is "N7000_APBOOT_N7000ZSLPF_CL558430_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5" and the file size is 2551KB..

I downloaded the GB boot loader from the same thread for comparison and it downloaded as a .zip file?

SealsNavie

Sep 17, 2011
This post should have existed much earlier on, very useful! :)

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Btw...I have never done a EFS backup before, all the times I have rooted and not lost my IMEI, I can always change my IMEI to another IMEI number. I will try the EFS backup now, where do I store the backup?...does it get stored on my phone memory?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here i am posting importing tools, which requires for flashing/reviving/Rooting Note
    This will be helpful to locate every important thing under single roof.
    This consisting three categories
    A. Tools B. Links to Important guide. C.Golden pearls

A.Tools

1.Odin 1.85- Requires to flash ROM/Kernel/Modem.Using this to flash custom stuff will raise flash counter.

2.Samsung USB Driver - Requires to connect your device to PC

3.Unzip Tool - Unzip tools to extract files

4.Pit file for 16GB Note - Not for normal flashing, and shud be use under expert advise only.

5.Opera Portable Browser (supports resume download)

6.Check fus downloader - To download ROM which is currently available on Kies

7.Stock Kernels - GB and ICS stock kernel (.tar file can be use with PC odin, others with mobile odin/CWM)

8.Pre rooted GB ROM. - Flash using PC odin with PDA. useful to dowbgrade from ICS/Non rootable GB ROM to direct Rooted ROM + CWM

9.N7000 GB bootloader- flash as PDA in Odin with/without pit(depend on situation) - For expert user only

10.N7000 ICS Bootloader - Flash as PDA in Odin with/without pit(depend on situation) - For expert user only
    New bootloader JB - Exynose fixed Need to flash if you have flashed JB ROM with Mobile Odin, if you have used PC Odin to flash JB ROM then no need to flash separately. You can flash with PDA/Bootloader tab in Odin.

11.N7000 Service manual - Complete Manual of Galaxy Note.

12.Custom Kernels

13.Screen lock password recovery - If you forget your pasword of screen, this can be saver for you, pro version also available. read on play store for detail

14.EFS backup tool - Very very important tool, If your device is rooted, first thing you need to do is EFS backup.

15.Modems

16.Samsung Kies

17.Network unlock tool - needs Root.

18.Network unlock - (relocked by flashing LKR/I)

19.Busybox

20.Triangle Away - Utility to reset counter and remove exclamation mark. Work only on ICS.

21.ICS SD binder-small app which binds /emmc to /sdcard/external_sd Useful when Can't read Exd SD ob CM9 based ROM

22.USB mode switch - change your usb mode from MTP to mass storage and vice versa.

23.Transfer Data - Wireless transferring contacts/SMS (via Bluetooth) from your old device to Note.

24.SMS Backup & Restore- Simple SMS backup utility, useful before wiping data.

25.Undelete Files This application useful to recover data, if you have accidently deleted file from SD card/USB storage. This required Root.

26.Rescan Media Root -Disable media scan on boot and rescan on demand

27..EFS repair Though EFS backup is best to have, but unfortunately you don't have, then worth to try with this.

28. Exfat support for XP - This is small window tool for XP machine, you can get support for exfat on XP. install 32/64 bit according your OS.

29.Quiet balance : if you are pissed off from carrier popup msgs after each call and data connection, here you can block it.

30.Language enabler : This application will allow you to enable all those hidden languages which may be blocked by carriers

31.Format 64gb SD card to fat32

B.Links to some Important guides

1.Stock ROMs - Complete list of stock ROMs (GB + ICS) for note + Installation guides.

2.How to Root N7000 guide. - Complete rooting guide for Note.

3.Keep your device up-to-date

4.Unbrick note affected by emmc brick bug - Only available solution & Hope for emmc bug bricked note if you are running out of warranty.

5.Video tutorial for rooting/system file editing - Visual explanation of rooting procedure as well How to edit files with Root explorer

6.Common issues while flashing ROMs

7.Have any Q? (noob friendly)

8.I have backup contacts with kies, now i can't connect with kies how i can restore ? Read This

C.Golden pearls (must read newbies)

-PC odin is safest method for flashing stock ROMs
    -Flashing stock ROM/Kernel wont raise flash counter,just flashing custom stuff cause it.
    -Never never perform wipe from recovery OR factory reset (any method) on ICS stock ROMs
    -If you prefers stock ICS ROM, it is advisable to use safe kernel, Philz kernel is same like stock kernel + emms erase cap command disable + CWM, find it from rooting guide. OR you can have custom kernel which have emmc erase command disable (find above 'custom kernel' link)
    -If you have wipe / reset device on ICS, and you escaped from brick, dont make it habits. it happens once in while, and you were lucky just. Also avoid such statement on forum, as it can misguide others.
    -Triangle away appl is for reseting counter, works only on ICS and only if your device is live.
    -Triangle away app should be keep as last resort and should not use as routine procedure, many user taking short cut and flash anything with PC odin with hope it will be coreected with triangle away, but before flashing something goes wrong then become hopeless, as TA works only device is live. then crying for reseting counter to reclaim warranty. so change attitude.
    -While flashing ROM, stuck at factoryfs or data.img is bad sign, immidiately should seek for expert guidance rather trying this and that.
    -Dont use pit file or bootloader in normal flashing,if you are not knowing wat is use of that then don't use it. That is useful to unbrick device and should be use only under experts advise.
    -Once you are rooted, first thing require to do is make backup of efs folder (see above for tool). This is useful when something goes wrong with your device and you lose your IMEI.
    -It is not safe to restore system data(junk) from titanium backup (red colored), best option to restore after changing ROM is 'Restore missing application', after that manually check whether that contains any system application of previous ROM, if it is there deselect it from restoring list.
    -Incase something goes wrong, and device gets bootloop/stuck, don't b panic and dont do this n that randomly if you don't have any idea. Just post your query and wait till.someone address you.

still more to come, wellcome from your side..

still adding
    awaiting request if missing anything
    Reserved
    M planning to edit later in two post
    one will be download tool section
    post two will be for links to important guides.
    Just now let's make some rich collection for important tools.
    Xda is my companion when getting bore with pt. :)

Ok
    to do is
    Link
    Modem
    Efs backup tool

This is established now
    Stock recovery is not safe. This is open 4 all to talk, no need to change
    Just to add, only wiping and restting is risky on ICS, normal using wont carry any risk.