[MOD] Remove Ongoing Wifi notifications, smart stay eye (MDK,ME7)Updated 7.26.13

Search This thread
I was so kind to try this for you and I. No, it will not work. Do not flash it. I am in the process of reflashing Root De La Vega from a soft brick. Looks like the author of the ME7 ongoing wifi removal will have to build a new one for MI1. It hangs at the Verizon logo once it is flashed.

I can confirm this...unfortunately :crying::laugh::mad:

Curious, did you guys try both the wifi notification and the e911?

portscan

Sep 1, 2013
Clarksville, TN
You're welcome, that's what we do. I figured it would just soft brick, so I said what the hell. As long as I can get to odin recovery, I can usually get it back up. The author fixed it for ME7, so I am sure he will make it work for MI1. I had just took the new update and rooted with De La Vega, so I was already messing with it anyway. Looks like only two of us had to suffer the brick lol.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Curious, did you guys try both the wifi notification and the e911?

I just tried WIFI. I am sure the e911 will hang at boot as well. Read a few posts back that the author said the files are different for each update, so he has to change it.

Reactions: Sir_Eagle

Bizmaniz

Mar 19, 2008
Atlanta
You're welcome, that's what we do. I figured it would just soft brick, so I said what the hell. As long as I can get to odin recovery, I can usually get it back up. The author fixed it for ME7, so I am sure he will make it work for MI1. I had just took the new update and rooted with De La Vega, so I was already messing with it anyway. Looks like only two of us had to suffer the brick lol.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

I just tried WIFI. I am sure the e911 will hang at boot as well. Read a few posts back that the author said the files are different for each update, so he has to change it.

I can confirm wifi will softbrick, BUT e911 will work (from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45515793&postcount=101)

*edit*
E911 works but it does leave a blank space next to the gear when you pull down the notification window.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod will remove the annoying ongoing wifi notifications in the pulldown for wifi off, wifi connected to, and wireless network available that is always in the pulldown. This is only tested on the stock odex rom, should work on deodexed but please make backup first in case it doesnt work because I have no way to test yet. Just flash in recovery and reboot. Tested using TWRP recovery.

update - added a new version that removes the dim eye icon that always stays on when smart stay is enabled.

edit: This will work on odex and deodex roms

update- added ME7 version, and added two zips for the smart stay eye. One removes just the dim eye, the other removes the eye completely so it doesnt pop up. Flash the dim eye removal zips after the wifi removal as they are just vrtheme zips that blank the icon.

This one just wifi removal MDK
    http://www.2shared.com/file/hJdPigAH/S4_Remove_Ongoing_Wifi_notific.html

This one wifi removal and smart stay eye V2 MDK
    http://www.2shared.com/file/h9xhwMXK/S4_Remove_Ongoing_Wifi_notific.html

This one just wifi removal ME7
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntnsb5r2qrz6t0r/S4_Remove_Ongoing_Wifi_notification_ME7.zip
    So just replace the framework apk fix permission and reboot? I'm afraid to try bc I'm on stock rooted without a custom recovery to nandroid... Should it 100% work?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
    I'll try it now. Give me a minute....

OK. It works but be careful of the order you do things. Make a backup of the original framewark-res file first. I copied the new framework res file to the sd card and fixed the permissions first. I also changed the owner to "root" with root explorer. This matches the original file. When you copy the new file over top of the original, your phone may lock up or do funky things. Reboot immediately.

I tried renaming the original file first and then copying the new file to the system folder. BAD IDEA. The phone started freezing and getting funky on me. I almost didn't get the new framework file moved before it crashed. That would have been bad. It's best to copy old file first and then dump the new file on top of the old one.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

So just replace the framework apk fix permission and reboot? I'm afraid to try bc I'm on stock rooted without a custom recovery to nandroid... Should it 100% work?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

If you screw something up, there is a fairly easy fix. You can use this update file found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2357200

Use odin to flash this update file and you will be back to stock with all your apps and settings intact. You will need to re-root the phone but that is easy now.
    Now that we have a fully working stock-rooted ME7 ROM, it should be noted that both of these mods cause the phone to hang on the white Verizon screen at boot on the new update. What would have to be done in order for this mod to work with the newer software?

It will need to be redone with the new software files, flashing these old files on the new software is a bad idea, and yeah not gonna work. Ill update them when I get a chance
    Alright, I got this working on stock ME7 without the need for a bootloader.

1.) BE ROOTED
    2.) Install Terminal Emulator and Busybox
    3.) Open Busybox and hit Install.
    4.) Download the ME7 wifi removal file and extract.
    5.) Move the file from downloaded zip located in "/system/framework/framework-res.apk" to your internal SD Card.
    6.) Download and extract the reframe.zip to the internal SD Card.
    7.) Start up Terminal Emulator and type in:
    su
    cd /sdcard
    sh reframe.sh

Links:
    Wifi Removal for ME7 zip
    Reframe.zip
    I'm new to Samsung phones. Just to clarify- this mod needs to be run on the stock rooted rom?

Yes, this is for stock rooted. I just flashed it and it is working great.

If you are already rooted, you need to go to the Play store and download GooManager. Download the mod from the OP to your phone. Run GooManager, hit options and flash Openrecovery. Reboot into recovery mode and flash the mod from the OP. Reboot and enjoy.

As soon as we get a WIFI toggle mod, I'll be a happy camper. I'm sure some devs are working on it.