How to hard reset xperia

Search This thread

Aye!

Aug 11, 2009
Yeeees!!

thanks a lot!!!

other options didn't work for me but this one did!!!

:))

blanezorz

Oct 5, 2009
There is one flaw in all descriptions, this will help:
1. Turn off the phone
2. Hold both right and left buttons (the ones right under the screen)
3. While still holding the others, press the power button shortly: do not hold the power button !!!
4. Follow the instruction on the screen (use the keyboard)

theee ONLY way that worked for meee!:):):)

loyjwe

May 3, 2009
hi, if i hold the front 2 button and power button and pressed R for hard reset, is the phone lock code resetted and is the contacts in the phone lost?

thanks

neospidy

Nov 11, 2009
There is one flaw in all descriptions, this will help:
1. Turn off the phone
2. Hold both right and left buttons (the ones right under the screen)
3. While still holding the others, press the power button shortly: do not hold the power button !!!
4. Follow the instruction on the screen (use the keyboard)
thanks alot man...
;-)

it really worked.... :p

mani_hoseini

Feb 8, 2010
hard reset x1 xperia

press and hold 2 soft keys right key and left key and press soft reset button power on phone ...
after power on phone press r key to format complete.

Last edited:

pulang_lata

Sep 15, 2009
Dialer Code for Hard and Soft Reset

Do this: Go to phone mode (dialer) and type in *74*# press dial. It should give you a menu on resetting. Works for some of the ROMs I tried.

Thanks to marekriedl for this.

press and hold 2 soft keys right key and left key and press soft reset button power on phone ...
after power on phone press r key to format complete.

farokh

Jun 6, 2008
Pilsen
Thankx for your knowhows, for me works the left+right softbutton + SR from a bootloader. None of the other methods was working. And now I've tried the dialer method from the post above and it works perfectly too.

gogogubbins

Jan 13, 2006
Nepal
forgot xperia had a slider

i tried it a couple of times and was flommoxed when it asked for R or X , till I remembered why I got the Xperia over iphone.

Thanks a ton.

Cosmic Blue

Mar 24, 2008
Toronto
hi, if i hold the front 2 button and power button and pressed R for hard reset, is the phone lock code resetted and is the contacts in the phone lost?

thanks

Yes with a hard reset, the contacts and any applications you have installed that do not come with the rom are lost as the phone is reset to factory default or custom ROM default.

soft reset you do not lose contacts or phone lock code.

iversen20

Oct 16, 2010
This used to work for me...but couldn't get it to go this time. Just kept booting into the rom even though I held down the keys all the way. Found that if its not working from an off state, this works:

1. Ensure the phone is on
2. Hold down and keep holding down the two action keys at the front
3. Hit the reset button with the stylus under the battery compartment
4. Wait for Press R to restore to be shown, slide out keyboard, push R

;-)

Finally a method there worked on my phone.

TrietHocNhanSinh

Sep 4, 2010
Ỡ Nhà
My phone will not turn off, turned off then turns on by itself. Will not go into flash mode at all. NO "slide to unlock" at the screen.

Only "Emergency Call" button at the bottom.

ItsAries

Feb 14, 2011
Hi,

Thanks a lot. It solved all of the problems. Using the Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) with a USB cable resets all of the phone i.e., Hard Reset + Soft Reset. Thanks again.

Regards.

Last edited:

orkhanahmadov

Jan 31, 2011
Baku
thanks.
I'm using it all the time when I want to hard reset my phone.
this hard reset method better than OS "Clear Storage" option.

And another guide:
If you want your ROM work more stable and without SoD. after doing task29 and flashing ROM when progress will be at 99% prepair your fingers. after it reaches 100% it restarts automatically then press and hold both soft keys don'tt release until hard reset screen appears. then disconnect USB cable and slide out keyboard press R to hard reset and SPACE to restart.

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
guys, you know that all this softreset-button-action isn't really needed? :)

1. turn your phone off (power down or remove and reinsert battery, whatever)
2. press the two silver buttons and keep (!!!) them pressed
3. press power-button shortly (as if turning the phone on)
4. if you're still pressing the silver buttons hardreset-screen appears
5. follow the instructions on screen (you can release the silver buttons now, btw)

i had problems as well 2 years ago, until i figured it's really simple. all this talk about softreset-button and pressing power-button long was just confusing.
and yeah, if the phone is rebooting you just have to press the 2 silver buttons at the right moment to hardreset, as explained above. useful after task29 or rom-flash.

caliban2

Mar 9, 2009
either you're still doing it wrong, one of your silver buttons isn't working at all or you have another phone.

sorry, but these are the only options. that's how hardreset works for over 2 years. with stock-spl, hardspl 0.72 and with the new hardspl 0.78. and yes, it IS working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About hard reset.

1. turn off the phone
    2. Hold both right and left buttons (the ones right under the screen, dont know the name)
    3. press power button, while still holding the others

maybe it's usefull for someone, dont' let it starving in tomtom compatibility thread :)
    Weirdest combo ever :p
    left and right button and soft restart = hard restart
    thank for the advice, really easy way to reset if i remember to my blueangel :)
    Can not hard reset my device.

Guys, I've tried both methods,

Turn phone off, press left key, right key and power button, all at the same time..

and also have tried

Turn the phone off, press left and right key and using stylus to press reset button..

Tried both so many times, but just can not hard reset my device. Any ideas where I may be going wrong?