I just bought a new HTC desire Z but there's one problem
When i insert my 8 gb sandisk class 4 SDHC card,
It tells me to format it. When i press format nothing happens :s
Any tips?

Boris

Boristruyens

May 3, 2012
Leuven
Try formatting the card through a PC first, choosing FAT32 and deselecting the "fast format" option. Let it run (might take 15min or more) and then put the card in your phone. See if this way it works.

I already tried that, thanks for the fast reply anyway :)
I tried about everything i could find using google and this site's search function, but it all failed.
It sucks because you need a sd card for so many things on an android phone, even thoug it has 1.5 GB built in memory.

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Is it a new card? If so, its already formatted FAT32, and should work out of the box. If its still asking you to format, even after formatting on PC, and format on the phone doesn't work, the card may be defective or damaged.

Reactions: Boristruyens

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
I'm betting something is wrong with the card. That is not a normal message to get with a brand new SD card. Try a different one, if you have access to one, or excahnge the one you've got.

Boristruyens

May 3, 2012
Leuven
No luck

I'm betting something is wrong with the card. That is not a normal message to get with a brand new SD card. Try a different one, if you have access to one, or excahnge the one you've got.

OK, so i've tried 2 diffirent 8gb sdhc cards and 1 regular 2gb sd card.
still no luck.
the same problem keeps occuring :s
I tried formatting the cards in every possible way, even trough adb with the card inside the phone, no luck.
I think i'm about to sell the phone on ebay :p

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
you can just buy the sd card tray on ebay for about 12 bucks, easy to replace

lost800

Dec 11, 2010
Just format it on your computer instead (micro SD card reader or whatever).
I had this problem using IC9 beta, wouldn't format my card.

I used my PC and it was fine...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try formatting the card through a PC first, choosing FAT32 and deselecting the "fast format" option. Let it run (might take 15min or more) and then put the card in your phone. See if this way it works.
    Is it a new card? If so, its already formatted FAT32, and should work out of the box. If its still asking you to format, even after formatting on PC, and format on the phone doesn't work, the card may be defective or damaged.