[GUIDE][APP Now In Market] Unlock for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 [11-14-11]

Search This thread

danzig69

Aug 19, 2009
québec
now working GT-P7500

Now working on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Rogers canada, GT-P7500!
I've buy the app Galaxy Tab Unlock from dagentooboy.

Here's a small how to. Skipping the rooting...
Open the Galaxy Tab Unlock, Problems? MD5 Generation (currently Off) Enable.
I had to use adbWireless because I forgot my usb cable to change the permission of the nv_data.bin
Remember to activate USB debugging in device settings
adb connect 192.168.x.x
adb shell
chmod 700 /efs/nv_data.bin
exit
adb disconnect
Reboot (maybe not necessary)
Start the app Galaxy Tab Unlock, Unlock Tab, Unlock, Restart, Quit, Press power button and Reboot. IMEI and Serial = ok. Had to wait 3 minutes before my provider been detected. now working with a Telus or Bell SIM card.

jr97ai

Apr 22, 2005
Just wanted to say thanks for the app. I used an unlock from mobilecanada and it was unlocked since December. All of a sudden yesterday my device sim locked again... Not sure why or if that should happen. Anyways... tried the manual unlocks and could not do so took a chance on your app. It worked perfect and I am back using my Bell sim in my Rogers tab.

Thank you!

tlc76

Dec 8, 2006
Bucharest
IMEI 0049 on Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6200

Ok, I've managed to unlock two P6200 tabs, but I couldn't solve the 0049 IMEI problem. Luckily, the /efs data can be restored at any time, including the right IMEI, but the SIM lock is restored as well...

Did anyone solve the IMEI issue on the P6200 tab?
Maybe an updater script attached to an update.zip archive and executed under the recovery program could do the job? (the nv_data.bin file can be "built" from pieces in order to include the simlock byte change from 01 to 00).

thanks

dagentooboy

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas
Ok, I've managed to unlock two P6200 tabs, but I couldn't solve the 0049 IMEI problem. Luckily, the /efs data can be restored at any time, including the right IMEI, but the SIM lock is restored as well...

Maybe an updater script attached to an update.zip archive and executed under the recovery program could do the job? (the nv_data.bin file can be "built" from pieces in order to include the simlock byte change from 01 to 00).

thanks

I don't have a 7" tab but if there is an nv_data.bin that is a good start. Can you email me the entire folder (before and after the unlock) zipped up? Use the paypal email in my sig.... I will see what I can come up with.

mobilx

May 17, 2007
Jagodina

thanks

For some reason cat /efs/.nv_state >> /sdcard/.nv_state does not copy .nv_state to sdcard. So all you have to do is to put/copy it manually to sdcard from backup and to follow the process from the first post without cat /efs/.nv_state >> /sdcard/.nv_state line.

Successfully unlocked my gt-p6200! Thanks to all smart people out there ;)

EDIT: It actually copies the files but there is some problem with MTP and .files(hidden) . So I copied both files to pc, changed the nv_data.bin and copied them back to sdcard.

Last edited:

tnayrbj

Mar 18, 2007
Louisville, KY
I used this and it worked great on my Samsung t-mobile 10.1
Thanks
Well worth the purchase

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

ccris

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
Hi there,

I buyed your app and unlocked a P6200 (Tab 7.0 Plus). I noticed after some disconects from the network provider that my IMEI is now "0049...."

Is there a solution to this? Do you need my EFS folder?
Thanks!

dagentooboy

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas
Hi there,

I buyed your app and unlocked a P6200 (Tab 7.0 Plus). I noticed after some disconects from the network provider that my IMEI is now "0049...."

Is there a solution to this? Do you need my EFS folder?
Thanks!

Before you do anything copy the efs_backup folder over to your computer just in case something happens to your backup.

Restore from backup and reboot.... make sure that everything is ok (locked but IMEI matches)

Now try the cleanup function (click the Problems? button) then unlock... reboot... if that doesn't work restore, reboot, cleanup, change the md5 generation, and unlock again.

pichichi

Feb 15, 2011
Thanks for the unlocking instructions. After a quick visit to ICS my Tab somehow simlocked itself and there was no 3G for me anymore. But thanks to this thread I managed to get rid of the lock.
BTW, I had to change .nv_state from 1 to 0, otherwise the unlock wouldn't work or my IMEI dissappeared.

ccris

Oct 24, 2007
Bucharest
After the 2. procedure (restore, reboot, cleanup, change the md5 generation, and unlock again) my IMEI was showed while the Tab was unlocked. Thanks!

Reactions: papptam

ShuShine

Jun 16, 2009
Hi dagentooboy,

I just bought the app for my P6200 and unlock was successful.

I did a complete wipe and now the TAB wont start and keeps on looping in Samsung Startup logo.

Also did re-flashed via Odin and still have the same problem.

I still have a backup of efs folder in my pc incase needed.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Hi dagentooboy,

I did a complete wipe and now the TAB wont start and keeps on looping in Samsung Startup logo.

Never Mind, Just did a Wipe and clear cache after flash and everything is fine.

dagentooboy

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas
Hi dagentooboy,

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Never Mind, Just did a Wipe and clear cache after flash and everything is fine.

I was going to say... the worst thing that messing with /efs/ has done is change the IMEI and SN. (yes that is bad) But no boot loops.

ffergie

Mar 2, 2008
I must be stupid?!?!?!? I just bought the SGS unlocked Pro and it says that it has
unlocked my Tab 10.1 but when I insert the SIM, I get the window to put in the unlock
code. Where is this "Problems?" option that people are talking about?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Never mind, I am stupid. I was making it more complicated that it seemed.
Thanks for the program

papptam

Mar 14, 2008
Siófok
Hi!

Please help me, lost the IMEI.
I bought the application and failed to unlock.
The IMEI is 0049 .... I tried to restore my efs folder and my IMEI is correct.
I re tried unlock and my IMEI is 0049....

I made ​​a mistake, don't restore my efs and I use clean up function on Problem? menu
Now not working restore my IMEI is only 0049....

Please help me how to restore my IMEI and Serial

Thank you and sorry my english!

My device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300
I have backup my original efs folder.

Last edited:

dagentooboy

Feb 16, 2008
Kansas
Hi!

Please help me, lost the IMEI.
I bought the application and failed to unlock.
The IMEI is 0049 .... I tried to restore my efs folder and my IMEI is correct.
I re tried unlock and my IMEI is 0049....

I made ​​a mistake, don't restore my efs and I use clean up function on Problem? menu
Now not working restore my IMEI is only 0049....

Please help me how to restore my IMEI and Serial

Thank you and sorry my english!

My device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300
I have backup my original efs folder.

Email me a zipped copy of your efs_backup on the sdcard.

Reactions: papptam

sekhar.t

Oct 25, 2009
Now working on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Rogers canada, GT-P7500!
I've buy the app Galaxy Tab Unlock from dagentooboy.

Here's a small how to. Skipping the rooting...
Open the Galaxy Tab Unlock, Problems? MD5 Generation (currently Off) Enable.
I had to use adbWireless because I forgot my usb cable to change the permission of the nv_data.bin
Remember to activate USB debugging in device settings
adb connect 192.168.x.x
adb shell
chmod 700 /efs/nv_data.bin
exit
adb disconnect
Reboot (maybe not necessary)
Start the app Galaxy Tab Unlock, Unlock Tab, Unlock, Restart, Quit, Press power button and Reboot. IMEI and Serial = ok. Had to wait 3 minutes before my provider been detected. now working with a Telus or Bell SIM card.
Hi danzig69, are you saying that it is possible to get this unlock program to work without rooting the Tab 10.1? has anyone else got anything to comment or share theor experience?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I managed to unlock my T-Mobile Tab 10.1 over the weekend and I discovered that it works on ATT at 3.5G speeds.
    My Tab has several files in the /efs/ folder that weren't there in my previous Samsung phones.

Unlock App for anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with a hex editor
    img.php

BTW... I cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to your phone.... EVER!

Before you start... if you don't have root you WILL need it.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE /efs/ FOLDER

Step 1. - Retrieve nv_data.bin file
    use "adb shell" or a terminal emulator to get a terminal prompt and run the following commands
    Code:
    su
    cat /efs/nv_data.bin >> /sdcard/nv_data.bin
    cat /efs/.nv_state >> /sdcard/.nv_state
    busybox cp -r /efs /sdcard/

Step 2. - Edit nv_data.bin file
    mount the internal SD Card on your computer
    make a backup copy of the nv_data.bin file on your computer
    using your favorite HEX editor open the nv_data.bin on the sdcard
    jump to address 0x181468

you should see a string like this
    ff 01 00 00 00 00
    there are 5 different types of locks in 5 different bytes
    the FF byte should be left alone
    the first byte after the FF is the network lock
    the next byte is the network subset lock
    the next byte is the sp lock
    the next byte is the cp lock
    the last byte appears to be a data lock.
    the 46 46 should be left alone
    Change any 0x01 to 0x00 (or 0x00 to 0x01 to lock for warranty)
    It should read ff 00 00 00 00 00 46 46 for unlocked
    save and close file
    unmount SD Card

Step 3. - Replace nv_data.bin file
    I want to say it again so no one misses it MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR /efs/ FOLDER BEFORE YOU CONTINUE!!!!!

use "adb shell" or a terminal emulator to get a terminal prompt and run the following commands
    Code:
    su
    rm /efs/nv_*
    rm /efs/.nv_*
    cat /sdcard/nv_data.bin >> /efs/nv_data.bin
    cat /sdcard/.nv_state >> /efs/.nv_state
    chmod 755 /efs/nv_data.bin
    chown radio.radio /efs/nv_data.bin || chown 1001.1001 /efs/nv_data.bin
    chmod 755 /efs/.nv_state
    chown radio.radio /efs/.nv_state || chown 1001.1001 /efs/.nv_state
    reboot
    your tab is now unlocked... enjoy :D

If you have any trouble with md5 and IMEI stuff change .nv_state from 0x30 to 0x31 (or ascii 0 to 1)

Give a big thanks to all the people that helped with the original unlock method (in the i9000 thread)

If it works please feel free to donate via Paypal
    Hello

Many thanks for the procedure, really waiting for it, but I have on my nv_data.bin the following bytes:

FF 01 00 00 00 00 BC 9D D4

Any clue of what I have to change to?

Thanks again in anycase

After you have a backup you can change that first 01 to a 00

FF 00 00 00 00 00 BC 9D D4

and you should be set... I had to delete all those other files in the folder. Could you tell me what files you have in /efs/?

su
    busybox ls -la /efs/
    Don't have a 3G tab but this is cool. I think you should price your app at under $2 to maximize profits. With the fix available for free, a lot of people won't pay for it. But if it's dirt cheap at 99c or $1.99, why not?

Anyway, good job.

I have always believed in providing the solution to everyone... I don't want anyone to think I am only in this for the money. When I was looking for the i9000 unlock someone was charging $35 and there was no way I was going to pay that so I started on this path of providing the information for free.

Thanks to the economy I lost my job and had lots of time to code but no money for devices.... enter the PRO app. I get a lot of people that buy codes and then they don't work and they end up using my app for half the price (half the time the samsung unlock doesn't work even with the code).
    What I did is just follow the instructions in the Overcome rom except the "re-stocking" part. Mine is running Overcome with no problems so far.
    i´ve followed all steps. its pretty the same like the other devices like the gt p-1000. full success.