[ROM] Dandroid 5.2 [4.3 TW] [AOSP KK 4.4 Theme] 02/20/14

What keyboard to you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

cuzmonote

Oct 2, 2012
saint-lin laurentides
Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 TW (Fast - stable - ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2

We took out the stock video and file explorer on purpose to force people to try mx player and es file explorer. I think we will just put them back in the next version but seriously they are incredibly terrible and shouldn't be used in any circumstances

QFT couldn't said it any better

Wasting my time on tapatalk

Hayzie

Dec 27, 2009
I have Root Explorer, but one time my phone wanted to look for files and it would only have My Files as the one to select. I know because I had deleted it because since I had RE, but flashed the rom again to have My Files back in place in order to select it. I don't know why TW is picky and only chooses it's system apps.

Unless whatever replaces My Files is able to be selected in those moments, then I say it's fine to replace it. I don't know, that's why I like everything stock to remain.

rener78

Re: [ROM] Dandroidv2.6 LL1 TW (Fast - stable - ddexed-Full AOSP look or Stock TW 02/2

We took out the stock video and file explorer on purpose to force people to try mx player and es file explorer. I think we will just put them back in the next version but seriously they are incredibly terrible and shouldn't be used in any circumstances

Es file replaces the stock one perfectly. Whenever something asks for a file it is one of the options :)

Thanks for the reply, mxplayer that's what I usually use and as for the file explorer I use root explorer, just suggested a file explorer in order to be able to re install my regular apps instead of downloading one file explorer on the market and then removing it.

Thanks again

whatsitsnamenow

Aug 10, 2010
California

Actually "My File" does have it's upside. It is the only file explorer that automatically launches when you plug in an external drive (same way Windows open file command when you plug in a usb drive).
I use otg usb drive all the time and I find very useful.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Last edited:

Lotagu

Nov 4, 2012
Toronto
How do I flash your rom?

1. Do I have to be Rooted?
2. I have downloaded the rom and MMS Zip.

I cant seem to flash using Odin, what am I missing?

Lou

Touchwiz
Dandroid v2.6 LL1 - For use with all T999 devices! by Danvdh and Idyar
Blandroid v2.4 LL1 (Stock look, theme friendly) - For use with all T999 devices! (See 2nd post)

If you follow the installation instructions in full, I can assure you this will be one of the smoothest and most dependable android experiences you can have without losing touchwiz functionality

2a5wutc.jpg

2zs677o.jpg

k7u2w.jpg

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information

This ROM based on official LL1, This is the latest official build for the North American Galaxy s3 (d2att, d2can) from Samsung. I use it as my daily driver and all features work 100%, there is NOTHING broken on this rom. Using the provided rom and kernel provides me 3.5 hours or so of screen time on a single charge and a very smooth dependable android experience, I hope you enjoy it folks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

• LL1 base (LATEST official version from Samsung, released in late December)
  • Rooted
  • Busybox
  • Deodexed
  • Zip aligned
  • AOSP Themed completely (including remaining touchwiz app's)
  • 23 toggle mod
  • 1% Battery mod
  • 4 way reboot menu
  • Hold menu to kill app
  • Hold volume up/down to skip tracks
  • Bluetooth/WIFI Tether/Instant GPS lock's
  • Network mode in settings for Canadian users to quickly toggle between H, H+ and LTE (doesn't effect AT&T)
  • 4.2.1 AOSP keyboard, email and clock replacing samsung's out of date, memory hogging apps
  • S-Planner (Delete if you do not like, This one's actually good!!!!! WOW, also you can get google calendar straight from the market if you like)
  • Note 2 Gallery
  • Flash Support
  • Pop up browser (opens Chrome on expand)
  • AOSP Email
  • AOSP system sounds
  • optional AOSP MMS (working perfectly)
  • Ktoonsez 02/19 latest kernel (if your sticking with the provided ktoonsez kernel, rename qosmgr in system/bin to qosmgr.bak after installation or use another kernel if you would like)
  • OC/UC/UV customization
  • OTA updater (Check back for details, but support is in the buld.prop now)
  • Build.prop tweaks for battery life
  • more tweaks for battery life & performance
  • Init.d edits for performance/battery
  • init.d script's enabled (for dev's)
  • Nova launcher
  • Debloated

Installation instructions

Reboot into recovery and make a nandroid backup
Wipe Data/Factory reset
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
flash rom
reboot

Optional AOSP MMS:
Reboot and flash the zip provided for AOSP MMS, or skip this step if your content with TW mms (both work perfectly here, user has the choice) Idyar and myself prefer the AOSP MMS so we recommend flashing this after first reboot.

if your sticking with the provided ktoonsez kernel, rename qosmgr in system/bin to qosmgr.bak after installation or use another kernel if you would like
- Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, Make sure you mount the system as read/write in settings. if you have any questions, just ask.

Notes

- Please use the provided ktweaker to set your cpu settings. I recommend Intellidemand/noop or intellidemand/sio, Kt's kernel is very good but if your going to use it, make sure you rename qosmanager to qosmanager.bak in system/bin to prevent battery drain.

- Stock kernel zip located here - I do not recommend this, the stock kernel is 20+ linux revisions behind the current custom kernels

- Network mode is enabled on this rom, make sure you enter your correct apn information and choose LTE/WCDMA/GSM/AUTO in network mode.

- Google wallet will work on this rom if you go here and set it up properly

- T-Mobile WIFI calling does not work on non-t-mobile base rom's

- If you would like to revert AOSP mms after an install, simply flash this (Loserskater is the man, without him, there would be no AOSP mms on touchwiz)

- If we debloated something you need (Video player, my files etc) please go here to get what you need :)

- If you need svoice, flash this (this will fix home button for users who use zero screen security, (working as intended, blame Samsung)

Changelog

Dandroid v2.6 2/20/2013
-23 Toggle mod updates
-Updated Kernel (02/19 ktoonsez)
-Long press menu to kill app
-Theme improvements
-In call dial pad now themed
-Some other minor fixes in build.prop
-AOSP system sounds

Dandroid v2.5 2/12/2013
-23 Toggle mod (fully AOSP themed)
-Note 2 gallery
-Full Flash support (v11.1.115.36)
-Removed AOSP calendar and added s-planner back into rom (download google calendar from the market if you like the aosp one)
- Removed "Home screen mode" in setting menu
-init.d scripts enabled (for dev's)
-General AOSP Theme improvements
-OTA updater intergreted in build.prop but not forced in system, you have the choice to install goo.im for OTA updates but they will not be forced upon you on Dandroid.
-Full APN support for all carriers

Dandroid v2.4 2/9/2013
- Rebuilt from base, a clean start
-1% battery icon (we will have zip's for different battery icon's, be patient)
- updated kernel ktoonsez 2/7/13 latest
- fixed stock browser
- pop up browser 100% working, (opens chrome)
- Blocking Mode no longer in notification window nor ongoing
- Debloated Music FX, video player
- build.prop reworked
- AOSP email 100% working
- TW mms is properly themed, 100% working. if you would like aosp mms (which I use), you just need to flash a zip after your first reboot

Dandroid v2.3 2/6/2013
-Added 4-way reboot menu
-Hold volume up/down to skip tracks
-cleaned up lidroid toggles
-removed the clunky brightness slider (use the toggle)
-fixed a few minor thing here and there
-first build working together with Idyar to produce faster updates :)

Dandroid v2.2 2/3/2013
-Completed AOSP Theme (including remaining touchwiz apps)
-Cleaned up the build.prop file
-Added google talk back into ROM
-debloated the stock browser (no one should be using this crap anyway)
-minor fixes, you will notice this is about as smooth as it gets now ;)

Dandroid v2.1 1/29/2013
- Baked ktoonsez TW kernel into rom, this includes ktweaker (rename qosmgr in system/lib to qosmgr.bak if your sticking with this kernel)
- AOSP MMS framework updates
- A few minor fixes here and there

Credits

Idyar - My partner on this project, Couldn't get some of these features out as quick without him!

Theme - WasabiWa83, Vertumus, raubkatze, Google
Kernel - Ktoonsez http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756776
loserskater- hold volume to skip tracks, AOSP MMS
Wanam - 23 toggle mod
he_stheone64 - 1% battery mod
dsixda - for the android kitchen I used to bake this ROM
Jamison, Cristiano Matos - Hold menu to kill
upndwn4par - for his t-mobile porting guide
Chainfire - Root

Download
AOSP MMS for Dandroid 2.6 - flash this after your first reboot if you would like AOSP mms instead of TW mms *optional*
Dandroid v2.6 T-Mobile T999 (d2tmo) 511MB

if your sticking with the provided ktoonsez kernel, rename qosmgr in system/bin to qosmgr.bak after installation or use another kernel if you would like
- Use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, Make sure you mount the system as read/write in settings. if you have any questions, just ask.

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali

How do I flash your rom?

Lou

First, please don't ever quote the OP, absolutely no need for that, second, you have to flash thru a custom recovery. I prefer TWRP 2.4.1.0

Sent from the phalanges of my hand to the facet of your cranium.

Reactions: Valhalla_

cuzmonote

Oct 2, 2012
saint-lin laurentides

How do I flash your rom?

Lou

Read read read and read again... Don't want to sound like a jerk... But you should already know what to do before attempting to flash a custom rom.

Read the stickies and tutorials

Wasting my time on tapatalk

SyntekSystems

Mar 15, 2011
I wanted to report a bug I just recently ran into.

One of the things I loved about this phone was the ability of the phone not vibrating during a call for anything. I'd still hear the notification sound through the speaker, which was fine, but vibration was turned off. With this rom, however, my phone vibrates now during a call. I've narrowed it down to a setting under Call settings > Call Alert > Alerts on call.

The box is unchecked. However, when I checked it, the phone no longer vibrates during a call and instead does a chime for a SMS.

I thought it was suppose to be reversed? Not sure what's going on but for now I have it checked on. I just found it extremely odd that when it's unchecked the phone vibrated for SMS.

Another interesting thing is that it ONLY does it for SMS. If I got a message through online, facebook, or kik, the phone would NOT vibrate, in fact it won't even notify me at all. But If I turn off the setting the phone vibrates and notifies me for everything going on. The glitch only occurs with SMS. I'm not sure if it's something on my end but i'd like to get that fixed. :good:

Last edited:

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA

Here are my battery stats for 2.6. In case you're curious here are some notes about my usage:

~3 hours of screen time
Texting, listening to music (non streaming), a couple of phone calls, and social networking are what I did most often.
Phone was on WiFi a majority of the time.
I put the phone in airplane mode before bed so for about 8 hours it was in hardcore standby.
I'm on Faux Kernel (the 100% stable one)
I'm using the stock battery
Brightness was set to automatic
I have several email accounts (7 altogether) all set to push.
I used the camera a few times but mostly without flash
I am not on T-Mobile, I am on Straight Talk with an AT&T SIM card

Great ROM here, folks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Curious what governor and io scheduler ur using with faux and if you altered stock voltages? Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Also have a question... Installed the aosp mms mod but now can't send anything from that app. Messages will go out of my gosms app though.

After I installed the mod, Then restored a smsbackup of my messages but have used this app 1000 times without problems. Any ideas? I could just start with a fresh install of the rom and mod but hoping for a work around. Any help is appreciated.

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada

One of the things I loved about this phone was the ability of the phone not vibrating during a call for anything. I'd still hear the notification sound through the speaker, which was fine, but vibration was turned off. With this rom, however, my phone vibrates now during a call. I've narrowed it down to a setting under Call settings > Call Alert > Alerts on call.

The box is unchecked. However, when I checked it, the phone no longer vibrates during a call and instead does a chime for a SMS.

I thought it was suppose to be reversed? Not sure what's going on but for now I have it checked on. I just found it extremely odd that when it's unchecked the phone vibrated for SMS.

Another interesting thing is that it ONLY does it for SMS. If I got a message through online, facebook, or kik, the phone would NOT vibrate, in fact it won't even notify me at all. But If I turn off the setting the phone vibrates and notifies me for everything going on. The glitch only occurs with SMS. I'm not sure if it's something on my end but i'd like to get that fixed. :good:

I didn't change any of these settings, This would be Samsung's doing

fadi33

Oct 28, 2008

Es file replaces the stock one perfectly. Whenever something asks for a file it is one of the options :)

I actually do like mx player much more than stock, but the only thing about stock player i like is the ability to play vids on an alternative device, an HTPC in my case. If MX player can do that, then ill definitely stick with that as my main video app

Idyar

Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Try this:
Settings -> Sound -> Sound and Vibration

Curious what governor and io scheduler ur using with faux and if you altered stock voltages? Thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Also have a question... Installed the aosp mms mod but now can't send anything from that app. Messages will go out of my gosms app though.

After I installed the mod, Then restored a smsbackup of my messages but have used this app 1000 times without problems. Any ideas? I could just start with a fresh install of the rom and mod but hoping for a work around. Any help is appreciated.

So you are saying you cannot send messages from stock aosp mms with a third party mms installed? Go will probably interact strangely with aosp mms on touchwiz because it is probably trying to interact with the tw mms. It is probably a setting in GO that is breaking AOSP MMS. Long story short we cannot support third party MMS programs for sure but if you do solve your problem please post it here for other uses. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I actually do like mx player much more than stock, but the only thing about stock player i like is the ability to play vids on an alternative device, an HTPC in my case. If MX player can do that, then ill definitely stick with that as my main video app

Yes I use samba to share with my android devices + raspbmc. It certainly can do this.

shehade08

Jan 18, 2012

Is the notification bar supposed to be gray or black? Mine is gray, how can I make it black?

Idyar

Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Is the notification bar supposed to be gray or black? Mine is gray, how can I make it black?

Decompile SystemUI.apk
Look in /res/layout/Twstatusbar.xml for the name of the graphic for the background (or if its a png file write that down)
if its just a colour switch it to #FF000000 (black) if its a PNG get its dimensions and replace it (usually /res/drawable-xhdpi)

off the top of my head i think its called status_bar_bg_tile

Reactions: shehade08

Hayzie

Dec 27, 2009
Couldn't resist holding out. Flashed 2.6 for now, hehe. :)

I remember in an older build, the camera wouldn't Burst Shot when holding down the capture button in Single Shot mode like my old TW camera did. The same thing applies for this version. Is that feature taken out or am I thinking of another camera, maybe Note 2's?

Idyar

Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

I am wondering what is changing the bar to "not black" because it is definitely set to black in the XML. Maybe Nova? I will add this to the list of stuff to look into.

ShermCraig

Oct 26, 2009
New York, NY
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Couldn't resist holding out. Flashed 2.6 for now, hehe. :)

I remember in an older build, the camera wouldn't Burst Shot when holding down the capture button in Single Shot mode like my old TW camera did. The same thing applies for this version. Is that feature taken out or am I thinking of another camera, maybe Note 2's?

Why would the camera burst in single shot mode? Not sure I understand. It does, of course, burst in burst mode....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2mzmxx3.png
    4.3 "CyanogenWiz" for T999​

DOWNLOADED OVER 20,000 TIMES ON XDA, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE INVOLVED
    If you follow the installation instructions in full, I can assure you this will be one of the smoothest and most dependable android experiences you can have without losing touchwiz functionality,
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST​

Information

Read the OP carefully and enjoy! This ROM is brought to you by Loserskater, enewman17 and myself. It's 4.3 touchwiz with a AOSP feel :)

Features

Android 4.3
    AOSP themed
    Knox free with Selinux set to permissive.
    deodexed
    debloated
    App Ops
    init.d scripts
    Google Keyboard
    4.4 Clock
    CM4.4 Calculator
    4 Way reboot menu
    Tethering hack (bluetooth included)
    All language support
    4.4 Ringtones/system sounds
    Added Flashlight/Torch toggle
    Google Wallet
    Note 2 camera, with fast and slow motion record
    Multiwindow all apps enabled.
    Disabled scrolling cache
    Modded SecMms.apk (Enewman17 is a beast)
    *Screen on/off toggle for incoming SMS: located in Messaging settings
    *Increased SMS limit per hour
    *Disable SMS to MMS auto conversion
    *Options for backup SMS
    *SMS with email... send text message to an e-mail address
    *Increased MMS Video Recording Quality and Size
    *Enter as new line in messaging
    *Enabled SMS Auto Combination: Re-assembles multi-segmented messages, to veiw as one message. *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled MMS as single view... no more slide show. *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled Call Back Number in Message settings, *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled Quick Text Templets and button: New button next to attachment in Messaging *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled Delete Button in Messaging header, *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled many other messaging features, Alias, multi lock, blacklist....
    *Added SMS and MMS read reports.
    *Enabled Split view with a toggle
    *More internal MMS size limit increases.

Installation instructions

Reboot into recovery and make a nandroid backup
    Wipe Data/Factory reset
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik
    flash rom
    reboot

Changelog

HTML:
    Dandroid 5.2   02/20/2014
    -Kit kat themed
    -Latest s3rx
    -Debloated
    -Enjoy!  buy enewman17 a beer!

Dandroid 5.2   02/20/2014
    -Finalized the AT&T build, here is my release for T-mo
    -WIFI Calling will be added in my next update
    -If you MUST have WIFI calling, wait for a future update

Dandroid 4.6 09/20/2013
    -Torch timeout now in settings
    -Torch won't bug out when you touch the screen anymore
    -Build.prop reworked (tweaks are removed, moved to init.d)
    -Init.d tweaks reworked (Phone is much snappier)
    -Settings about will now just say 4.6 for professional reasons
    -No need to flaunt my name around the ROM, Dandroid is a forum name :P
    -This very well could be final release

Dandroid 4.5 09/13/2013
    -AOSP style recent's panel with close all button
    -Google search is now double tap home by default. Change in settings>display
    -Statusbar clock is now holo blue by default
    -Holo themed S-Planner
    -Just a cosmetic release ;) enjoy!

Dandroid 4.4 09/10/2013
    -All apps in multiwindow working 100%
    -Volume panel timeout now works on first boot as intended
    -Ink Effect is back and 100% working
    -New toggle: Input method notification for users who need to swap keyboards

Dandroid 4.12 08/28/2013
    -Fixed WIFI Direct
    -Fixed Downloadprovider FC
    -System UI signal cluster image fixed
    -Lockscreen date/time fixed
    -Removed Samsung keyboard folder in standard build

Dandroid 4.11 08/27/2013
    -Fixed SystemUI toggle spacing
    -Fixed Signal Cluster
    -Added AOSP themed Samsung Musicplayer
    -Removed Apollo (buggy)

Dandroid 4.1B 08/25/2013
    -Removed Youtube (grab it from playstore)
    -Removed Google talk (Hangouts now anyway)
    -Fixed Block in contact settings

Light Edition
    -Removed a few more libs
    -Removed Google talk (Hangouts now anyway)
    -Fixed Block in contact settings
    -Down to 331mb, the rest will be done by optional script,

Dandroid 4.1 08/24/2013
    Standard Edition
    -SecSettings Fixed (enewman17)
    -IP Calling removed
    -Fixed the Calendar name

Light Edition
    -Fixed SecSettings (enewman17)
    -Disabled IP Calling from contacts
    -Removed accuweather widgets (it's in the OP under optional)
    -Removed AOSP Email (it's in the OP under optional)
    -Added UserDictionary for google keyboard

Dandroid 4.0 08/20/2013
    Normal version
    -Updated Secsettings.apk (s3rx)
    -Volume panel timeout settings now in settings>display
    -Ink effect is now disabled and not available on this ROM
    -Updated SystemUI (s3rx)
    -Battery icons got a rework
    -AM/PM now shows in notification pull down header
    -Reverted some signal cluster stuff 
    -ROM now ships with official AOSP Google keyboard from the market
    -Cleaned up some more lib files in system/lib
    -Samsung Calendar is now re themed on a t-mobile based apk (I'm OCD)
    -Latest Samsung Camera included (Unthemed so you can tell it apart)

Extremely light version (english only)
    -Everything in the changelog above applies
    -Removed svoice
    -Removed Samsung Calendar (use google calendar from the market)
    -Removed foreign language packs + fonts
    -AOSP ringtones/notifications/alarms
    -LIBs cleaned up (big ones anyway)
    -Samsung widgets removed
    -Yahoo widgets removed
    -Samsung live wallpapers removed

Dandroid 3.9.2 08/08/2013
    -More then likely my final build on 4.1.2 for T-Mobile
    -Fixes any potential root issues you will see in recovery
    -Added Stock AOSP browser 
    -Fixed MMS over WIFI
    -Updated build.prop

Dandroid 3.9.1 08/05/2013
    -4 signal bar cluster layout
    -Call recording now optional
    -Renamed google clock from clockpackage.apk to deskclock.apk
    -Note 2 floating keyboard as stock
    -Optional flash for DarkUI
    -Optional flash for people who need IME notifcation to swap keyboards OTF
    -Optional flash - Volume boost
    -awful water sound in gallery replaced with AOSP tap
    -Removed 30mb wallpaper pack
    -Swapped TW Email with AOSP email 
    -Removed the features that are not working in music control
    -framework-res.apk theme polishes
    -Clean up unused libs that are 100% safe to remove
    -Updated SuperSU/Binaries
    -Added a apk from chainfire that will disable the update to premium toast in SU
    -Edit build.prop

Dandroid 3.9 07/28/2013
    -Based the ROM on UVDMD5 t-mobile
    -WIFI Calling on Dandroid!
    -Call recording
    -Made for T999 devices, no longer a port
    -Enjoy this ROM, all the features from 3.8 are here :)

Dandroid 3.8 07/25/2013
    -Updated SystemUI, looks exactly like CM 10 with powerwidget enabled now
    -Updated toggle mod with white toggles that resemble powerwidget
    -T-Mobile build.prop baked in this release
    -Some CSC edit's
    -No bug report's in 3.7.1 so it's safe to say this is a final RC
    -Updated build.prop(s)
    -Enjoy this great ROM

Dandroid 3.7.1  07/18/2013
    -Added AOSP lockscreen shortcut's (MMS, Phone)
    -Disabled Input method notification (once and for all)
    -Cleaned up secsettings.apk and added a Easter egg ;)
    -This is a clean up release, all known bug's fixed :)
    -Feel free to dirty flash this if coming from 3.7
    -Remember to wipe both cache before flashing 3.7.1
    -Hoping this is my last release until 4.2.2 TW ships for the S3
    -Please donate if you enjoy this ROM, I've put well over 100 hour's into it

Dandroid 3.7 07/16/2013
    -Full wipe, All my testing has been with full wipes, it's worth it ;)
    -Massive theme improvements
    -This is touchwiz? look's like CM now, oh and everything work's perfectly!
    -Removed touchwiz system font, replaced with AOSP
    -AOSP notification style
    -Fixed massive gap in toggles
    -More systemui theme stuff
    -Updated clock app
    -Fixed battery icon names (thank you Hayzie)
    -Reverted aosp keyboard (Google keyboard in market, download it)
    -IME bug should be fixed now
    -Updated build.prop
    -Some other minor stuff, no more changelog. tired
    -This build is even more amazing then 3.6!

Dandroid v3.6 07/11/2013
    -fixed a few thing's in the framework, android.policy and SystemUI, 
    -Finished off the signal cluster by adding stock CM icons
    -ALL FEATURES ARE 100% tested and working now
    -Updated build.prop
    -This ROM is now in final release mode, Bring on 4.2.2
    -I'm parking my phone here for a while, I'm happy now. DAILY DRIVER!
    -you can dirty flash if your coming from 3.5
    -if you enjoy my rom, donate so I can continue putting in stupid hours :(

Dandroid v3.5 07/09/2013
    *Please full wipe this release, there won't be another for a few weeks*
    -Fixed Sound Control (no need for a patch anymore)
    -Changed Camera Icon
    -accuweather widget upgaded to S4
    -Default lockscreen wallpaper changed
    -Replaced dial sound with an aosp sound
    -Removed Font pack 
    -Some more general cleaning
    -updated smooth scrolling
    -Enabled Data/app support for future releases
    -Updated build.prop

Dandroid v3.4 07/05/2013
    -This is a clean up release
    -Fixed camera theme 
    -Hold volume to skip working, find it in sound control in Settings/sound
    -Disabled all app's in multiwindow, 
    -Added a couple .png files to framework-res.apk
    -Debloated stock browser
    -updated build.prop

Dandroid v3.3 07/03/2013
    -Replaced the 23mb Samsung clock with a 3mb AOSP clock, 
    - adjustments to lidroid
    - Fixed the DPI on the stock AOSP battery icon
    - Popup browser will now open chrome when you hit expand 
    - a few more CSC edits. fixed the setup language
    - edited the build.prop
    - Fully completed AOSP signal cluster
    - replaced stock music with CM Apollo from cm10.1
    - S Planner AOSP Themed
    - Reworked the system UI sounds
    - Cleaned up the release a little bit
    - updated build.prop with a couple new tweaks

Dandroid v3.2 07/01/2013
    - MUST FULL WIPE, Major update, old builds are unsupported
    -fixed a couple things in SystemUI
    - adjustments to lidroid
    - few optimizations to android.policy.jar
    - a few more CSC edits
    - Kernel 100% working now and damn it's smooth
    - Theme stuff
    - updated build.prop
    - debloated some more Samsung junk to speed up your download*

Dandroid v3.1 07/01/2013
    - Massive update (full wipe required)
    - added aosp lockscreen, hold menu to kill, brightness slider toggle
    - Theme stuff
    - Proper signal cluster reporting
    - Separate flash for AOSP signal cluster
    - Battery icon toggle (choose from quite a few)
    - Status/Notification bar toggle to customize transparency/color
    - Stock kernel*
    - updated APN, worldwide apn list
    - Fixed every bug from 3.0 that I found
    - worked 30 hours in 48 on this rom

Dandroid v3.0 6/28/2013
    - based on MVLDMF1 4.1.2
    - missed you guy's, expect more features in my next update

Dandroid v2.8 3/21/2013
    - CSC feature.xml restored but left mostly blank 
    - Brightness Slider Toggle 
    - Used CM default ringtones in Build.Prop again
    - Menu button unlocks AOSP lockscreen fixed
    - Remove default input method notification*
    - New Kernel 3/14

Credits

Theme - CM, Vertumus, raubkatze, Google
    Loserskater This guy is the man, seriously. I would not be able to do this without him. I've lost count on how many things he's contributed to this ROM, past and present. AOSP MMS would not be possible on touchwiz without him. Give him your thanks, guys like him make this community what it is.
    enewman17 - I've learned alot from breaking open your rom's and seeing what's inside, great dev and alot of Dandroid would not be possible without him, I've had to keep his APK's decompiled for reference this whole time,
    upndwn4par
    Evewon
    stratatak7
    Didact74
    Venom0642
    wanam
    cm team
    dsixda
    Rizal Lovins
    shoman94
    P_Toti
    jobnik
    theos0o
    Jovy23
    agriff
    XDA

Download

Latest build here

4.3 build here
    57b74b9eb27e168157afb17836f2eaeb

Dandroid 4.6 d2tmo - Androidfilehost.com
    md5: 60da6f0c3e47d95581221ee13bab0af6

ROM Review

thank you so much techfanatic9

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Dandroid 5 [4.3 TW] [AOSP Theme] , a ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Danvdh, enewman17, Loserskater
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Touchwiz

Version Information

Created 2013-09-04
    Last Updated 2014-02-20
    If you're having issues on my ROM that no one else is reporting, or I haven't reproduced on my phone, read the following.

1) Full wipe
    2) Do not restore System data or data from CWM
    3) Do not dirty flash from other ROM's
    4) When was the last time you did a odin to stock? this is important in my opinion and I'm not saying you need to do one but I just want to explain that custom zip's that I make and other dev's make in the shape of "roms" only affect
    a few partitions on your device, other's do not get touched and can get messy/corrupt over the months (This explains why the GPS icon disappears in some peoples cases during rom switch) and this is why I get posts in this thread about people wondering why their baseband hasn't been updated after flashing my rom when my post states "MF1"

With this being said my personal rule of thumb is to odin to stock latest and then boot into stock recovery and factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik (BACKUP YOUR SD CARD TO YOUR COMPUTER), this gives your phone fresh partitions everywhere, a fresh system to root and the latest bootloader (which you need for any AOSP 4.2 rom). This is also a good time to unlock your phone if you have not already, then reroot and install custom recovery, update the recovery if need be and flash again on a brand new system. here are my steps

1) backup all user apps and data with titanium backup, DO NOT BACKUP SYSTEM APP'S
    2) backup internal storage onto PC
    3) Odin to stock latest
    4) wait for phone to boot then reboot into stock recovery and full wipe and clear all cache
    5) reboot and root the phone and custom recovery
    6) flash away and put what you need on your internal storage back onto your phone via usb, see my 2nd set of instructions below

this fixes more issues then you will realize. some of the way people flash rom's on XDA and complain to me with problems is rather funny considering I have the install instructions in the OP, not to mention many of you rooted your phone when you first got it in the ICS 4.0.4 day's and haven't done an odin to stock jellybean to update all your partitions including your bootloader, now I will go over my every day flashing step's.

1)backup all USER APPS/DATA with titanium backup, DO NOT BACKUP SYSTEM APP'S (skip this if you did a odin flash to stock)
    2)reboot recovery
    3)nandroid (skip this if you did a odin flash to stock)
    4)factory reset, wipe system, wipe both cache/dalvik
    5)install rom
    6)boot system
    7)*(OPTIONAL) reboot to install a kernel now if needed, always wipe cache/dalvik and fix permissions after installing a kernel
    8)setup phone and download titanium backup from the market
    9)restore all user apps and data (you will have to put the titanium backup folder that is backed up on your computer back onto your internal storage via usb first)

Every 6 months, backup internal storage to PC and I odin to stock, much like formatting a computer
    6 months is actually a long time considering how much I flash, but this device can take a beating let me tell you =P

I DO THIS WITH EVERY ROM I INSTALL, AOSP or TW

Hello everyone, Thank you very much for the support, unfortunately as Idyar mentioned I got injured in a car accident last week and haven't been online to offer support / work on updates. I currently have a serious concussion, a fractured skull and a very difficult time walking, My neck is in a brace so I'm only able to look in one direction so this works quite well with a computer monitor. The next few months will be a true challenge as my life as turned around and now and day to day tasks are much more difficult. I will constantly need to goto the hospital for reevaluation and if there is complications and issues I might as well disappear again for a while, to be honest I'm just thankful to be alive and even typing this right now. My biggest advice to you all is don't always trust a green light, I did and got nailed by someone running a red.

I'll be around a bit more and look into an update if ones needed, s3rx got a tuneup to I may look into what loserskater and enewman17 have cooked up over there, fantastic developers and all users of this ROM should give them their thanks.

ok going to lay down now, appointment with a "specialist" in the AM =/

Please no donations for a while, If you want to donate to me please consider donating to a charity or sponsor a child. life is a gift
    UPDATE IN THE OP IN THE OP! HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL

Dandroid 5 12/24/2013
    Android 4.3 (AT&T base/tmo kernel)
    AOSP themed
    Knox free with Selinux set to permissive.
    deodexed
    debloated (476mb)
    App Ops
    init.d scripts
    Google Keyboard
    4.4 Clock
    CM4.4 Calculator
    4 Way reboot menu
    Tethering hack (bluetooth included)
    All language support
    4.4 Ringtones/system sounds
    Added Flashlight/Torch toggle
    Google Wallet
    Note 2 Camera
    Multiwindow all apps enabled.
    Disabled scrolling cache
    Modded SecMms.apk (Enewman17 is a beast)
    *Screen on/off toggle for incoming SMS: located in Messaging settings
    *Increased SMS limit per hour
    *Disable SMS to MMS auto conversion
    *Options for backup SMS
    *SMS with email... send text message to an e-mail address
    *Increased MMS Video Recording Quality and Size
    *Enter as new line in messaging
    *Enabled SMS Auto Combination: Re-assembles multi-segmented messages, to veiw as one message. *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled MMS as single view... no more slide show. *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled Call Back Number in Message settings, *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled Quick Text Templets and button: New button next to attachment in Messaging *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled Delete Button in Messaging header, *CSC Feature*
    *Enabled many other messaging features, Alias, multi lock, blacklist....
    *Added SMS and MMS read reports.
    *Enabled Split view with a toggle
    *More internal MMS size limit increases.

My next update will not ship without WiFi calling so hang tight :) If you do not need WIFI calling feel free to flash :D

cheers all and happy holidays
    NEW OPTIONAL FEATURES IN THE OP​

Updated AOSP MMS
    -This APK is way nicer then the previous version
    -Mark read option in notification panel
    -Emoji fully supported
    -Theme on quick reply fixed
    -XML edited to disable force close issue on AOSP MMS

Added Sony Bravia Engine
    -The Mobile Bravia Engine is a set of image process algorithms which are applied to the rendering process when drawing an image or video on the screen of your device.The perks of using Mobile Bravia Engine is that the viewing experience is improved in a way that is optimized to fit the human eye, with more details, enhanced colors and less noise. I don't use this myself but I've heard amazing things,

NFC on Lockscreen
    -just as the title states

NFC with screen off
    -Same as above

The AOSP MMS is gorgeous, it fit's DarkUI and my stock UI very well and there seems to be ZERO issues with the theme, This also has all 3 notification pull down options. Quick reply, Mark read and close and like all my previous AOSP mms apk files I provided in the OP, I've edited the XML to make the app impossible to force close due to the well known bug when you touch your own portrait, It's impossible now ;) *BACKUP MESSAGES IF YOU NEED TO BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS, AND REMEMBER WIFI MMS WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS!*

Special thanks: Loserskater&enewman17, the 3 of us keep in contact and it's important to make clear that most of the mods baked into this ROM are the work of loserskater. The guides loserskater wrote are what got me really into Android Development and it would not have been possible to ship the ROM with as many features as it has without him. His SecSettings.apk for t-mobile saved me hours

Development is now closed on Dandroid, I will no longer be taking feature requests or adding anything to the base of this ROM, If I do anything at all it would be in the form of an optional zip. unless of course some major issue comes up but I highly doubt it ;)

Thanks for everything T-Mobile, It's been a blast building this, I have met some truly wonderful people over here and I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions and I will still be active in the thread and keeping in touch with all of you