Galaxy S III apps on Galaxy Note i717

Search This thread

brandon440

Mar 10, 2012
Somebody should put together a complete list of everything from the S III that is available for the Galaxy Note....also including what you need to do or what you need to have to use them on your device. Just saying....It would help a lot of people out. Anybody interested in this, share what you know in this thread and I will do the same when I can.

animeware

May 23, 2012
Somebody should put together a complete list of everything from the S III that is available for the Galaxy Note....also including what you need to do or what you need to have to use them on your device. Just saying....It would help a lot of people out. Anybody interested in this, share what you know in this thread and I will do the same when I can.

I know of one app but you will need Go Launcher EX app to make it work

If you go to a google store type in SGS3 Theme you will be able to add a SGS3 theme for the Go Launcher app.

Eric-1987

Jul 6, 2009
Is smartstay a hardware or software feature? I'd love to implement that on my Note.

Eric-1987

Jul 6, 2009
Ah I can't wait. What about wifi bonding and that video in a window thing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
I've begun the process here with a mod for UCLE2-based rooted i717 roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26544421

And I'm definitely looking into some of the more sexy stuff (Smart Stay, etc) for future versions. However, it looks like Smart Stay and the S3's pop-up video players are not separate apk's -- they're built directly into the TouchWiz framework on the S3 -- so porting them over is going to be much more difficult, if not impossible. (Mainly because Samsung doesn't provide the proprietary TouchWiz source).

As for video-in-a-floating-window, I highly recommend the "Overskreen" and "Stick It" apps from MBFG in the meantime...

Last edited:
Reactions: JGuinan007

JGuinan007

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro

And I'm definitely looking into some of the more sexy stuff (Smart Stay, etc) for future versions. However, it looks like Smart Stay and the S3's pop-up video players are not separate apk's -- they're built directly into the TouchWiz framework on the S3 -- so porting them over is going to be much more difficult, if not impossible. (Mainly because Samsung doesn't provide the proprietary TouchWiz source).

As for video-in-a-floating-window, I highly recommend the "Overskreen" and "Stick It" apps from MBFG in the meantime...

So it doesn't sound good that I will have Smart Stay on any UCLF6 roms anytime soon?

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

Take charge...reach down and grab hold...LOL....since you are asking or suggesting....why not help Contribute never know how many would benefit from it...:) and as others post add them to your OP....

Reactions: bookmonke

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Take charge...reach down and grab hold...LOL....since you are asking or suggesting....why not help Contribute never know how many would benefit from it...:) and as others post add them to your OP....