[Q] possible to change boot logo?

Search This thread

markusf21

Aug 25, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Is it possible to change the logo that comes on before the boot animation? I really just want to get the unlocked padlock to go away. TIA

Sent from my OmniROM toting Nexus 5

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Is it possible to change the logo that comes on before the boot animation? I really just want to get the unlocked padlock to go away. TIA

It requires to edit partition files in the /dev/block path, you can even edit all bootloader dialog (like "Unlocked" to "Locked", "Carrier info". etc..). It is doable but there's not documented mods for the Nexus 5 yet. The chances of bricking (real blackout bricking) are guaranteed 99:1 and are not worth the risk. Lets wait for a Dev who know what he's doing to do it first, then we follow.
All of that we did on HTC phones, but things vary from device to device. So, DO NOT ATTEMPT

Last edited:
Reactions: markusf21

markusf21

Aug 25, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Thanks for the responses. The padlock is annoying but not so annoying to risk a brick.

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
Reactions: markusf21

DREWHAMM974

Dec 2, 2012
Athens, Alabama
Would I still be able to keep the custom recovery there while doing this

I'm a tail wagging, Android loving, Googly sheep fanboy!

Blasted from my Nexus 5 using the XDA pay me for this or else you get bombarded with ads Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

no. you seriously risk bricking your phone if you actually try to change it properly.

It requires to edit partition files in the /dev/block path, you can even edit all bootloader dialog (like "Unlocked" to "Locked", "Carrier info". etc..). It is doable but there's not documented mods for the Nexus 5 yet. The chances of bricking (real blackout bricking) are guaranteed 99:1 and are not worth the risk. Lets wait for a Dev who know what he's doing to do it first, then we follow.
    All of that we did on HTC phones, but things vary from device to device. So, DO NOT ATTEMPT
    Thanks for the responses. The padlock is annoying but not so annoying to risk a brick.

If the padlock icon annoys you that much, you can use BootUnlocker to lock and unlock the bootloader from within the app if you have root permissions.

Keep the bootloader locked until you need to unlock it. No more padlock.

BootUnlocker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.segv11.bootunlocker