unlocked bootloader questions

Search This thread

divxdvd

Feb 2, 2007
Albuquerque
So i unlocked the bootloader and got CWM installed as my recovery. Any custom ROM i try to install from ZIP on SDCARD tells me that the package is for a different device. it says it is for xt926 and a few others.

I have a CDMA RAZR HD so im 100% sure this is the correct to install. I have tried Carbon and the CM11 with no success.

SlimKat will install but all i get is a looped boot screen (the M).

I was able to RSD it back to stock kitkat but now that i FINALLY was able to unlock i want to flirt with custom roms.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
I made a topic about the same thing more or less. If I'm not mistake, Dhacker is working on a build of CWM that will allow one to flash any ROM on the stock bootloader. Currently, you can only flash stock ROMs on it.

killrhythm09

May 3, 2011
California
I made a topic about the same thing more or less. If I'm not mistake, Dhacker is working on a build of CWM that will allow one to flash any ROM on the stock bootloader. Currently, you can only flash stock ROMs on it.
No, the ROMs need to be updated to work with the KK bootloader. You can use dhacker's CM11 test builds and not much else right now.

divxdvd

Feb 2, 2007
Albuquerque
I was under the impression that CWM will flash ANY custom ROM. Bootloader never gets modded, only unlocked. I was thinking of trying TWRP but i had a harder time installing that recovery.\\

Thanks for responce

killrhythm09

May 3, 2011
California
GOT IT.

So i was trying the epinter builds. Will this work:

cm-11-20140615-UNOFFICIAL-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT-TEST.zip

I got this from http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/
Yes, that will work.

I was under the impression that CWM will flash ANY custom ROM. Bootloader never gets modded, only unlocked. I was thinking of trying TWRP but i had a harder time installing that recovery.\\

Thanks for responce

Make sure you're using the latest version of CWM or TWRP also. Those are also in dhacker's folder.

divxdvd

Feb 2, 2007
Albuquerque
I got the same error while trying CM11 from the Dhacker29 folder. I am on CWM v.6.0.4.8.

This package is for "moto_msm8960, xt907, xt926, vanquish.

Im installing the correct file with CWM installed from his folder.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong? Do i need TWRP?

killrhythm09

May 3, 2011
California
I got the same error while trying CM11 from the Dhacker29 folder. I am on CWM v.6.0.4.8.

This package is for "moto_msm8960, xt907, xt926, vanquish.

Im installing the correct file with CWM installed from his folder.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong? Do i need TWRP?
You need a newer recovery like I edited into my last post. Either CWM 6.0.4.9 or TWRP 2.7.1.0.

divxdvd

Feb 2, 2007
Albuquerque
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

I got 6049 installed and then my phone took CM11 as well.

Very excited!!! I have been deprived of custom ROMs since i bought this phone 1.5 years ago... (STUPID LOCKED BOOTLOADER)

Back in business BABY!!!!