iWnn ime defaulting to Japanese (snapchat problem)

Search This thread

chrisdegraw

Sep 20, 2010
Until recently, everything was working fine. But now when I try to switch to the emoji keyboard on snapchat not only does it bring up the Japanese keyboard with no way to switch to Emoji, it changes my default keyboard to Japanese for all apps until I manually change it back.

This may be an issue just with the snapchat application, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas before I take it to them. All my Googling has left me without any answer. I appear to be the first person having this issue, or at least the first to raise their hand.

tronbon

Jan 22, 2014
Until recently, everything was working fine. But now when I try to switch to the emoji keyboard on snapchat not only does it bring up the Japanese keyboard with no way to switch to Emoji, it changes my default keyboard to Japanese for all apps until I manually change it back.

This may be an issue just with the snapchat application, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas before I take it to them. All my Googling has left me without any answer. I appear to be the first person having this issue, or at least the first to raise their hand.

I'm also having this same issue on the nexus 4. If you have found out how to fix it I would love to hear how. Thanks.

McFlurrrrrrrry

Feb 4, 2014

Am also having this problem, it is driving me crazy!!! Have tried everything but nothings working :(

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Just figured it out.... You know how you had to hold the spacebar and choose the Emoji iWinn IME option? Well now you must hold down the Finished button on the bottom right-hand corner and it will switch to the Emojis.... :good:

quick_

Jul 14, 2010
Houston
Am also having this problem, it is driving me crazy!!! Have tried everything but nothings working :(

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Just figured it out.... You know how you had to hold the spacebar and choose the Emoji iWinn IME option? Well now you must hold down the Finished button on the bottom right-hand corner and it will switch to the Emojis.... :good:

I have the same issue but I can't get the emoji to show up no matter what I hold down, I pick Emoji iWinn IME, and it will only toggle through a querty keyboard, and a Japanese keyboard (see pics below) :confused:

2ldwux.jpg
21njj9h.png
34qs36u.png

Edinn10

Oct 21, 2014
[How To] use emoji in Snapchat (Android 4.4.4)

This is a tutorial that show how to use emoji in snapchat (android 4.4.x)
youtube /watch?v=YFnxvBc18cc

thank you. :)

Erendira

Jul 18, 2015

Registered and logged on just to say THANKS SO MUCH!!! ???