UNOFFICIAL Evervolv 4.4.4

Search This thread

zborn

Nov 16, 2009
OnePlus 9
question

Are you by any chance going to continue building? I'm on TSM UKB Evolution 2.1 now (SENSE4), I would like to go back to AOSP, but the only problem is that last time I installed it, I didnt have the latest theme engine from CM11. I dont mind about the camera, I can deal with it, but I love customization. Is there any way that we could have this in the ROM and not the old one?

Reactions: Lgrootnoob

preludedrew

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2010
Santan Valley
Are you by any chance going to continue building? I'm on TSM UKB Evolution 2.1 now (SENSE4), I would like to go back to AOSP, but the only problem is that last time I installed it, I didnt have the latest theme engine from CM11. I dont mind about the camera, I can deal with it, but I love customization. Is there any way that we could have this in the ROM and not the old one?

We most likely won't pull the latest Theme engine from cm11. It's too buggy, even on cm itself.

cpfly

Nov 20, 2010
Here is a link to my 6/26/2014 build from evervolv sources. THIS IS UNOFFICIAL. If preludedrew wishes me to delete it, I will, immediately. This is a 4.4.4 build.

A recent recovery is required; see

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53106281&postcount=1114

I make no guarantees about this build. I am not a developer (yet?); I am only a builder. I have tested it on my own device and it seems to work well. But I do not have an activated phone, so take that with a grain of salt.

http://d-h.st/mZD
Hi Polymath257, thanks for the rom, but after I installed it, the phone reboots everytime when I dialed up, is there any solution for that? Thanks a lot!

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
I have played with this a bit on my phone also. It seems that the streams get messed up when the headphone is plugged in. For me, I can plug and unplug the headphones as long as there isn't any music playing, but the instant I attempt to play music with them in, or plug in when music is playing, the phone reboots. I haven't had much time to dig in the source code yet, but when I do, I will let you know what I find.

I realize now that you can have an init.d script that redirects dmesg to a file constantly. so it will have everything up to the crash.
then just read the file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a link to my 6/26/2014 build from evervolv sources. THIS IS UNOFFICIAL. If preludedrew wishes me to delete it, I will, immediately. This is a 4.4.4 build.

A recent recovery is required; see

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53106281&postcount=1114

I make no guarantees about this build. I am not a developer (yet?); I am only a builder. I have tested it on my own device and it seems to work well. But I do not have an activated phone, so take that with a grain of salt.

http://d-h.st/mZD
    I flashed a previous build with TWRP, CWM, as well as 4EXT. I have done this one (so far) only under TWRP, but any of the most recent recoveries should work.

I used CWM from your post and it worked fine.

Man... All I can say is wow... :highfive:

I can't believe 4.4.4 is running on my incredible. Only been running it for 30 minutes but so far looks great.

What's Working,
    camera, ffc, panorama, wifi, gps, bluetooth, torch, screenshots, rotating hardware buttons, google now, chrome, maps.
    My phone isn't activated so I can't test mobile data, etc, but it does show verizon service under my signal strength.

What's Not Working.
    Recording video, rear or ffc,
    Playing videos.
    I can't play videos I have recorder previously. Acts like it is going to play them then just says "Can't play this video."
    Videos in you tube app act like they are gonna play but go into an endless buffering loop
    No video inside of chrome either. I think it is broke on everything.

Gets a little slow at times but overall very nice work. :good:

Here is a link to the KK gapps if anyone else wants to give it a try.
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip
    Can either recovery be used or do you recommend one over the other? Haven't flashed my d-inc 2 in a while.

P.S.
    Thanks for posting this. I know you're not a dev but there are some people who like to flash new roms for the fun of it. ;)

I flashed a previous build with TWRP, CWM, as well as 4EXT. I have done this one (so far) only under TWRP, but any of the most recent recoveries should work.
    Update

Just wanted to post an update for anyone who is curious. I've tried tweaking a few things to get some more speed out of it.

I switched to ART and apps got really slow so i switched back. I'm thinking it has to do with converting the apps because the dex2oat process was running pretty high.

One thing that did help was changing the SElinux mode from enforced to permissive with this app.
    link

I also installed facebook, which ran well to my surprise, and overclocked to 1420. :)

Other than the video and lag issue it seems to be pretty solid.

Maybe this will get someone's attention and breath some new life into an old but solid device. :fingers-crossed:
    Here are the log files. The logcat looked pretty empty so I got a last_kmsg as well. It wouldn't let me upload them for some reason so I zipped them together. Recommend opening them in wordpad for nice formatting.

Procedure:
    booted the phone
    launched a terminal
    started the logcat
    plugged in the headphones

I have played with this a bit on my phone also. It seems that the streams get messed up when the headphone is plugged in. For me, I can plug and unplug the headphones as long as there isn't any music playing, but the instant I attempt to play music with them in, or plug in when music is playing, the phone reboots. I haven't had much time to dig in the source code yet, but when I do, I will let you know what I find.