[Q] How to disable touchscreen?

Search This thread

BACUCYAJIUIO

Apr 4, 2011
How to disable touchscreen on the Vega/Mobii device?

The reason why I ask is becuase touchscreen on my tablet was broken and doesn't work correctly.

(Sorry for my poor english :) )

warriorscot

Dec 1, 2010
If its broken and you cant return it I would open ir up and pull the connection for the digitiser that would disable the touchscreen. You could also try to fix it that way you can get replacements there was a discussion on modaco about replacing screens and digitizers not long ago.

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Wrong. It works with mouse.

Are you sure? You tried it?
Point taken. Still, it is obviously not designed to work that way. I have read that people are not seeing mice's pointers in their Vegas.

And believe me, I've tried all the ROMs and there is none which allows you to deactivate the touchscreen. Another thing is that you follow our colleague's suggestion and disable it hardware-wise.

BACUCYAJIUIO

Apr 4, 2011
If its broken and you cant return it I would open ir up and pull the connection for the digitiser that would disable the touchscreen.
I'm not sure about the right connector there, so prefer to do this by software. :)

You could also try to fix it that way you can get replacements there was a discussion on modaco about replacing screens and digitizers not long ago.
Thanks! I will try to find that topic.

Point taken. Still, it is obviously not designed to work that way. I have read that people are not seeing mice's pointers in their Vegas.
Yeah, not any mouse will work with this tablet.

Techotoddy

Dec 29, 2012
Generic 7 inch tablet

I know this is an old thread but it seemed like an appropriate one to use. I have a similar problem in that the digitiser is broken on a cheap Chinese 7 inch tablet running ice cream sandwich. It works with mouse fine so I tried disconnecting the touch screen. Unfortunately, pulling the connector leaves all the capacitive inputs floating which means thousands of random perceived touches all over the screen at once. I have the device in USB debugging mode so can see the touches everywhere. I've plugged the touch panel back in and managed to pinch the top right hand corner of the display enough to make it semi usable while I use the mouse and navigate through the menus etc. but this is no real fix. I'm keen to pull the touch panel off altogether and was wondering if there is a way to disable touch using USB debugging. I know little about ADB and SDK but am happy to follow my nose. I saw a post on another forum that showed a way to do it through a command line but don't know if the commands are device specific or not...

All the info I have on the device can be found here:
ebay.com/itm/7-Android-4-0-3-tablet-PC-MID-capacitive-screen-BOXCHIP-A13-1-5GHZ-4GB-WIFI-/380529621971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5899553bd3

The link was provided by the person who gave the tablet to me. (After he had broken it)

Any help on this thread or advice on where to find the answer on this forum or indeed where I should create a new thread if suitable would be greatly appreciated.

:)