[ROM] Simple Streak 1.2 - Lite ROM

Search This thread

scdsone

Jun 7, 2009
whitehaven
i only got 865 in quadrant with standard 1.2 rom & 1700 with the performance update

i dont use quickoffice so its a worth while update for me

Mark X

Mar 23, 2010
Bootloop

Cleared cache/dalvik, factory reset... installed 1.2.

Cleared cache/dalvik, factory reset... bootloop.

Rinse and repeat. Can't get passed lockscreen.

EDIT:

Nandroid restore... reattempted. Presto!

Last edited:

jdmcivic

Nov 22, 2006
flashed the rom over steves 1.9.0 without any factory resets or wipes. everything runs fine without any fc's or anything. all my apps intact.
quad scores 899.
so far so good. smoother than steve's rom.
gonna monitor the battery usage later on.

Last edited:

maltloaf

Feb 6, 2004
Hereford
Is there any need for me to update to 1.2 ? I'm on 1.0 with the perfmod/steve's kernel flashed (I need CIFS). Is the only other change that quickoffice is removed, or is there more going on under the hood ?

cbass

Nov 17, 2007
Rochester, NY
1. Flashboot the official 354 Recovery first: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/354/recovery.img

2. Flash the official 354 ROM: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak_354_15881_11.pkg (rename it to update.pkg and put it in the root of your SD card)

3. Flashboot StreakMod Recovery: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=840326

4. Flash Simple Streak and do a Factory Reset.

Followed this advice exactly, except I changed it to:

4. Flash Simple Streak, then the performance update.

5. Do a factory reset, clear Dalvik cache, boot, fully sync with google, reboot.

I've run Quadrant advanced three times, and gotten 1708, 1710 and 1701. Pretty solid, I'd say.

edit:

Qoppxxx by bccass, on Flickr

Good job, Spidla, this thing effing boogies now.

Last edited:

jazzdude555

Sep 20, 2007
flashed the rom over steves 1.9.0 without any factory resets or wipes. everything runs fine without any fc's or anything. all my apps intact.
quad scores 899.
so far so good. smoother than steve's rom.
gonna monitor the battery usage later on.

I am interested in doing this too, as I am also on 1.19.

Is this advisable or should I start from scratch? I am on a european base band 315 will I have to update it to the latest one too?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

IIIV

May 7, 2011
Hawaii
Just flashed the latest Simple Streak 1.2 *without* performance mod. No problems or FC's at all. Have SetCPU at 1190 MHz and scored 905 with Quadrant Benchmark.

With the previous version 1.1 + performance mod (set at 1190 MHz) I noticed laggy performance when multitasking (playing music in the background while surfing the web, flipping through homescreens, etc.). But, with the latest 1.2 version and *without* performance mod everything is smooth even when multitasking.

Thanks, Spidla!

mid_life_crisis

Mar 24, 2011
Cifs?

Strange question, but how do you make the post keep all caps? I typed it that way but sentence format showed up.

Oh, now on 2.2 with performance update. Love it. Love it so much in fact that I have added some tools and gone to the trouble of figuring out nandroid and making my first full backup.

Last edited:

realhero

Mar 18, 2009
about CPU freq

1.2 downloaded and flashed. smooth as always.

now I have a question about the CPU freq:
(I did not flash the perfupdate mod.)

One difference between 1.2 and previous versions is that "overclocking option", and indeed the CPU freq range became "246-1200 Mhz", which was "246-998" before.

But the benchmark score was almost the same with previous roms, around 8xx.
And it seems that the CPU never runs over 1Ghz since boot.

So,
1. what is the meaning of "oveclocking option" stated in the change log of 1.2?
2. is there a tool somewhere in 1.2 rom to manipulate the cpu freq ?
3. in order to overclock the CPU, must I flash the perupdate mod, or install the "setCPU" apk ?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if my questions are so nooby.

Spidla

Feb 12, 2007
1.2 downloaded and flashed. smooth as always.

now I have a question about the CPU freq:
(I did not flash the perfupdate mod.)

One difference between 1.2 and previous versions is that "overclocking option", and indeed the CPU freq range became "246-1200 Mhz", which was "246-998" before.

But the benchmark score was almost the same with previous roms, around 8xx.
And it seems that the CPU never runs over 1Ghz since boot.

So,
1. what is the meaning of "oveclocking option" stated in the change log of 1.2?
2. is there a tool somewhere in 1.2 rom to manipulate the cpu freq ?
3. in order to overclock the CPU, must I flash the perupdate mod, or install the "setCPU" apk ?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if my questions are so nooby.
Hi,
1. This means that the kernel is modified to allow the CPU to overclock (1,13 and 1,19 GHz).
2. No, I assume that the typical user does not overclock.
3. You must install SetCpu or another utility.

Reactions: maxicet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Streak ROM

Modified official ROM. Removed Dell Stage Launcher and other unneeded applications. ROM includes the Launcher Pro and the left Swype. I made primarily for myself, but maybe someone else will like it :)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE.

INSTALLATION:
    1. make a backup
    2. copy .zip to SD card
    3. update via StreakMod Recovery
    4. do Factory reset

UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
    1. make a backup
    2. copy .zip to SD card

DOWNLOAD:
    rom.spidla.info or MultiUpload (First, make a full backup)

DONATE TO DEVELOPMENT:
    If you like Simple Streak, you can contribute to development through PayPal. Thank you.

CHANGELOG:
    1.3 (size ? MB) - in testing
    - updated Maps (v5.9)
    - removed Swype
    - new build Simple Streak kernel (many changes)

1.2 (size 91 MB) - 19. 6. 2011
    - custom kernel (based on the official, simplified, overclocking option, slightly undervoltage (for longer battery life)). Original kernel is available here.
    - removed QuickOffice

1.1a (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
    - removed forgotten drivers that caused problems when using the camera with the "performance update"

1.1 (size 94 MB) - 10. 6. 2011
    - Swype is the default keyboard
    - more cleaned (removed Facebook, etc...)

1.0 (size 97 MB) - 7. 6. 2011
    - based on official 354
    - rooted
    - cleaned
    - adjusted build.prop and init.streak.post_boot.sh
    - black taskbar (partially used GingerKrad from user Krad)
    - change default orientation to portrait (according to instructions from user jhotmann)

KNOWN ISSUES:
    - after the start to be switched on / off the display rotation settings

NOT WORKING?
    Are you sure you've done a factory reset? You have to do a factory reset on the first screen (from Dell) of the recovery mode.

Still not working or causing problems (button still lights)? Maybe you're old baseband, try to download new here and upload using fastboot command.
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x413c flash amss amss.mbn
    Last chance. If you still have problems, try loading the original ROM ver. 354 and then reload the Simple Streak ROM. This may work :)

OPTIONAL MODIFICATIONS (update via StreakMod Recovery)
    Landscape mode - return back to the default display orientation
    Stage UI - return back to the default launcher from Dell
    STK Tools - return back to the Sim Toolkit
    Original kernel - if you have any problems, you can try the original kernel from Dell.

DJ-Steve KERNEL

Install the kernel from DJ_Steve ROM (thanks for his great work) and adjust some settings. After the update default frequency is set at 1.19 GHz and smartass CPU governors (can be changed via the tools available (SetCPU)). The update will not lose any user data.

DJ-Steve KERNEL INSTALLATION:
    1. you have already installed the Simple Streak ROM (ver. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2)
    2. copy perfupdate.zip to SD card
    If update does not work, try the version without the default overclocking.
    Simple Streak 1.3 TESTINGv4

The fourth test version Simple Streak 1.3 is here. Compared to the third version is only changed the kernel. It should be slightly faster and perhaps even greater battery life.

And now let's go on vacation, I'll be back for 9 days :)
    Simple Streak 1.3 TESTINGv3

Hi everyone, I released the third test version Simple Streak v1.3.
    Changes compared to the second test version:
    new build Simple Streak Kernel
    removed Swype
    In this version I have been very good feeling :) Download and test here.
    In the build.prop file there is a "fingerprint".

Stock 351 has this fingerprint:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=dell/streak/streak/8x50:2.2.2/FRG83G/eng.cmbuild.20110317.163900:user/release-keys
    while SimpleStreak has this fingerprint:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=dell/streak/streak/8x50:2.2.2/FRG83G/eng.cmbuild.20110401.170729:user/release-keys
    The Android Market uses this fingerprint to identify your phone and based on the phone you are using some apps may not show up. Depending on the ROM you using previously the Market might be seeing your phone differently and the apps that show up may be different.

There are other ways that the market identifies your phone, but sometimes editing the fingerprint in build.prop is all you have to do to see apps you had prior to installing a custom ROM.
    Based upon what I've done with 351 (completely ripped out the Stage UI, Dell Sync, Amazon MP3, CoPilot Live, Evernote, Napster, Oovoo, PageOnce, Roxio Now, and Zinio Reader), leaving Swype and adding LauncherPro, the Streak should be very fast and very responsive, especially when shutting it off.