*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

pjam

Apr 26, 2006
I've noticed that when an sms is sent using the geo fencing, the sms deletes its self.
I have noticed this on my Vario 3 and on a Nokia 6120.
Seems a little strange.

mfrodrigues

Sep 29, 2007
Hello!

I'm using your great program, and since the PDA has wireless, I'm taking the advantage to synchronize this only when i have a network connection.

So, my options in TM config were:

STORAGE:
Storage positions: Locally
Store every 15 seconds (i want to see all the points defined on the road)
Checkbox unchecked of dont upload points if distance...

When I arrive home i update all offline positions. But when i go to the web interface, i can see only my first point of the trip. Then, i cannot see any other point. Can you take a look? Im using your server and my username is "mfrodrigues"

Since i thought that might be a GPS problem, i have the GPS always on.

The most strange situation is the the logs are all OK! from 15 to 15 seconds says:
Storing (offline) 41,154,-8,642...

I have attatched gps.txt with the GPS logs. For what I have seen i think that gps is logging always the same position?? During that timeframe of 15 minutes i moved around 18 km.

Thank you!

Attachments

• gps.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 8

pjam

Apr 26, 2006
Does this happen only if you are sending the sms to yourself?

No. I set it up to send one to my wife when i was within a couple of miles of home. She read the text on her nokia but then it disappeared.

I've noticed that if i send one to myself, but dismiss it (which usually just lets it sit in the inbox) it disappears.

very strange.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hello!

I'm using your great program, and since the PDA has wireless, I'm taking the advantage to synchronize this only when i have a network connection.

STORAGE:

When I arrive home i update all offline positions. But when i go to the web interface, i can see only my first point of the trip. Then, i cannot see any other point. Can you take a look? Im using your server and my username is "mfrodrigues"

The most strange situation is the the logs are all OK! from 15 to 15 seconds says:

I have attatched gps.txt with the GPS logs. For what I have seen i think that gps is logging always the same position?? During that timeframe of 15 minutes i moved around 18 km.

Thank you!

Hi mfrodrigues,

It seems there are more people with the same problem. You are always getting the same position.

Could you provide more information about your PDA (model, Windows Mobile version, GPS type (bluetooth or not, model) ...

Could you also try with this program and let me know if after installing it TrackMe works fine?
http://franson.com/gpsgate/

Karol-pl

Dec 7, 2007
Zielona Góra
Hello!

STORAGE:

Thank you!

so now, it seems that there is 2 of us which that same problem. I think that ours PDAs have got a little bit different nmea stream. So TM during reading it has some problem with splliting corect data, or maybe can't refresh gps buffer becasue of not accomplished condition ?

what is your PDA ?

Karol-pl

Dec 7, 2007
Zielona Góra
No. I set it up to send one to my wife when i was within a couple of miles of home. She read the text on her nokia but then it disappeared.

I've noticed that if i send one to myself, but dismiss it (which usually just lets it sit in the inbox) it disappears.

very strange.

well, what i know about sending sms, that kind of sms is called flash sms.
A Flash SMS appears directly on the phone's screen, instead of the 'Inbox'. Its an useful alternative to normal SMS when you want to catch the recipients attention immediately. The recipient has the option of 'Saving' the Flash SMS to his 'Inbox'.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
well, what i know about sending sms, that kind of sms is called flash sms.
A Flash SMS appears directly on the phone's screen, instead of the 'Inbox'. Its an useful alternative to normal SMS when you want to catch the recipients attention immediately. The recipient has the option of 'Saving' the Flash SMS to his 'Inbox'.

Thanks for the information. So far I haven't found a way of disabling that. You will have to save the sms manually by now.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
so now, it seems that there is 2 of us which that same problem. I think that ours PDAs have got a little bit different nmea stream. So TM during reading it has some problem with splliting corect data, or maybe can't refresh gps buffer becasue of not accomplished condition ?

what is your PDA ?

As I mentioned before it's not a problem splitting the data. The GPS log that I create is just what I get from the com port and for some reason TrackMe is always getting the same data.

By the way, I don't remember if you told me, did you try the program GPSGate to see if that resolves the problem?

karmacop

Jun 22, 2007
Same Issue

what is your PDA ?

I've been having this issue for a while. It was working perfectly on an older version, unfortunately i dont know at which revision it stopped working. :confused:

Anyway, Im currently using an HTC Touch Dual with a Holox BT-441 Bluetooth GPS recieiver.

I hope that might help towards resolving the issue! :)

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
New version available.

- Deployment is now specific for Windows Mobile 5 and 6. (we used to have it for Pocket PC 2003)
- Many changes on server side to support a better error notification between server and client.
PEOPLE USING MY FREE SERVER OR THEIR OWN SERVER NEED TO UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION, OTHERWISE TRACKME WILL NOT WORK. People using their own server also need to update the server files.

This is a beta version, so I expect some errors to appear.

mfrodrigues

Sep 29, 2007
It seems there are more people with the same problem. You are always getting the same position.

Could you provide more information about your PDA (model, Windows Mobile version, GPS type (bluetooth or not, model) ...

Could you also try with this program and let me know if after installing it TrackMe works fine?

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, but i was making some tests before answering! And it's working now! :)

My PDA GPS is on COM2, but TM cannot open that port. So, I have set a program to redirect to another port.

I was using GpsProxy, but i had the same problem that I have with gpsgate. So, i did some more debug, and i found that it's working with a specific configuration!

I was configuring gpsgate and gpsproxy to do output to virtualport5. But i was wrong in setting a normal virtual com5 port!

In gpsgate you have two options for virtualcom5. You have a regular virtualcom5 and a "virtualcom5(ALL NMEA)". I have changed to virtualcom5 with NMEA, and it's working now!!!

But I still have a problem, because I'm using a evaluation copy of gpsgate, and gpsproxy doesn't have that kind of port. gpsproxy does a simples redirect. For what I have seen, i think that TrackMe needs an specific format that is not compatible with my GPS. And gpsgate is doing this translation with that special port.

Here goes the specs of my PDA:
Asus P535 with intern GPS SiRF III
SO: Windows Mobile 6 Professional CE5.2.1236 (language: portuguese)

Thanks!

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hi!

Sorry for the delay, but i was making some tests before answering! And it's working now! :)

My PDA GPS is on COM2, but TM cannot open that port. So, I have set a program to redirect to another port.

I was using GpsProxy, but i had the same problem that I have with gpsgate. So, i did some more debug, and i found that it's working with a specific configuration!

I was configuring gpsgate and gpsproxy to do output to virtualport5. But i was wrong in setting a normal virtual com5 port!

In gpsgate you have two options for virtualcom5. You have a regular virtualcom5 and a "virtualcom5(ALL NMEA)". I have changed to virtualcom5 with NMEA, and it's working now!!!

But I still have a problem, because I'm using a evaluation copy of gpsgate, and gpsproxy doesn't have that kind of port. gpsproxy does a simples redirect. For what I have seen, i think that TrackMe needs an specific format that is not compatible with my GPS. And gpsgate is doing this translation with that special port.

Here goes the specs of my PDA:
Asus P535 with intern GPS SiRF III
SO: Windows Mobile 6 Professional CE5.2.1236 (language: portuguese)

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the information! I'm glad it worked. So people with the same problem know now what to do. I hope I can find something to make it work without having to use GPSState.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
By the way, if I get enough money from donations I will buy some of the external GPS that you guys are having problem with, so I can do real testing.

If not and somebody is willing to send me their GPS by mail so I can test it that would be perfect. Of course I would send the GPS back once I'm done with the testing.

mfrodrigues

Sep 29, 2007
If you need any help for beta-testing i will be glad to help you!

Perhaps something like gpsgate but freeware. Unfortunately I didn't had much luck with gpsproxy.

Instead of giving $ for the gpsgate software I would prefer to compensate you for your hard work and great software application!

mfrodrigues

Sep 29, 2007
Well, i didn't tell you that, casuse havn't checked it till now. So i must say that GPSGate resolvesthe poblem.

someone here wrote that instead of GPSGate use a GPSproxy, but on my pda gpsproxy doesn't help.

Hello!
I was using gpsproxy, and it was working, but trackme only catches the first position. So, i had the same problem and i switched to gpsgate again.

I'm almost sure that gpsgate will solve your problem. Remember to chose a NMEA port. And not a regular virtual com port.

Karol-pl

Dec 7, 2007
Zielona Góra
BINGO !

i think i know what is going on.

I logged pure stream from my gps, and it looks lik that:

View attachment log1.txt

and then i used gpsgate and logged the stream from it, which looks like that:

View attachment log2.txt

you can see the difference, so in my opinon TM should read gps stream from charactker "$" to next "$" and then combine all data into one line, where then it can split the most important data for TM.

what do you think ?

G

GuestK00119

Well, i didn't tell you that, casuse havn't checked it till now. So i must say that GPSGate resolvesthe poblem.

someone here wrote that instead of GPSGate use a GPSproxy, but on my pda gpsproxy doesn't help.

this might have been mentioned before, then i've missed it. but for those, gpsproxy doesn't work, portsplitter might do it. this one is free, and it worked for me.

http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=downloads

portsplitter_mobile5(.cab) is the file you need.

When using the program, you have to assign the (Input)Port manually to COM4 (Baud 4800) and the Output to COM5 (via the dropdown box). Another port might work as well...

and once again, thanks to staryon and the other members participating, for their hard work. it's a great program!

Karol-pl

Dec 7, 2007
Zielona Góra
this might have been mentioned before, then i've missed it. but for those, gpsproxy doesn't work, portsplitter might do it. this one is free, and it worked for me.

http://www.gpsmeter.com/index.php?page=downloads

portsplitter_mobile5(.cab) is the file you need.

When using the program, you have to assign the (Input)Port manually to COM4 (Baud 4800) and the Output to COM5 (via the dropdown box). Another port might work as well...

and once again, thanks to staryon and the other members participating, for their hard work. it's a great program!

i used allready both of them :/ so it seems that 2 programs only retransfer stream to differnet ports. GPSgate is "correcting" stream to proper shape

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir