[MOD][GUIDE] mClock Skins | Updated 22 Dec

Search This thread

knoxcoder

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2010
I don't think I understand it properly.

Export:
Code:
<UniformGrid  Rows="1"  HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"  VerticalAlignment="Stretch" ><Stack  Orientation="Horizontal"  VerticalAlignment="Top" ><MonthName  Case="Lower"  FontSize="43" ></MonthName><Text  Case="none"  FontSize="43"  Text="*" ></Text><DayWord ></DayWord></Stack></UniformGrid>

The above is what I got after an export of the current one with 'december TWENTIETH'. There is no date tag in there, only a MonthName and a Text. Changing the Text to Case="Lower" results in lowercase tekst but it's extremely small, the text 'Twentieth' is about the same size as the first three letters of 'december'. I messed something up somewhere, but where exactly?

Code:
<UniformGrid  Rows="1"  HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" >
<Stack  Orientation="Horizontal"  VerticalAlignment="Top" >
<MonthName  Case="Lower"  FontSize="43" ></MonthName>
<Text  Case="none"  FontSize="43"  Text="*" ></Text>
<DayWord Case="Lower"  FontSize="43"></DayWord>
</Stack>
</UniformGrid>

The monthname and dayword tags are the date parts. I've fixed it although I didn't check it...

dev223

Sep 19, 2010
Rijeka
One little thing... Day name still has capital first letter, you'll have to edit language xml, I suppose. Or is there simpler solution?

Tsurany

Dec 15, 2008
The monthname and dayword tags are the date parts. I've fixed it although I didn't check it...
Thnx for the effort, in lowercase that works (besides the capital letter of Twentieth) but in uppercase it doesn't work. The word 'DECEMBER' is all uppercase but 'Twentieth' remains lowercase.
I'm not that great with XML so I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
Thnx for the effort, in lowercase that works (besides the capital letter of Twentieth) but in uppercase it doesn't work. The word 'DECEMBER' is all uppercase but 'Twentieth' remains lowercase.
I'm not that great with XML so I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

What I posted should work. Did you copy my xml from the post and try it?

dev223

Sep 19, 2010
Rijeka
What I posted should work. Did you copy my xml from the post and try it?

I tried it and it doesn't work. Tomorrow the date will be "TwentyFIRST", but if he change the "Accent" tag in language xml from "Twenty" to "TWENTY" it probably will work. Or he probably must change every value, not just Accent.

Last edited:

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
I tried it and it doesn't work. Tomorrow the date will be "TwentyFIRST", but if he change the "Accent" tag in language xml from "Twenty" to "TWENTY" it probably will work. Or he probably must change every value, not just Accent.

I forgot about the accent part, try setting AccentCase too.

Tsurany

Dec 15, 2008
If I understand correctly the following should work?
Code:
<UniformGrid  Rows="1"  HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" >
<MonthName  Case="Upper"  FontSize="43" ></MonthName>
<Text  Case="none"  FontSize="43"  Text=" " ></Text>
<DayWord Case="Upper"  FontSize="43"></DayWord>
<Accent Case="Upper" Fontsize="43"></Accent>
</Stack>
</UniformGrid>

Edit: Doesn't work, where did I go wrong? Shouldn't the Accent tag be in the XML template but in the language file?

Edit 2: Or should I use this?
Code:
<MonthName  Case="Upper"  FontSize="43" ></MonthName>
<Text  Case="none"  FontSize="43"  Text=" " ></Text>
<DayWord Case="Upper" AccentCase="Upper" FontSize="43"></DayWord>
</Stack>
</UniformGrid>

Edit 3: Noooo should not do that, don't see any text then.

Edit 4: This is messed up, now none of the XML files work, even after removing widget and adding a new one :S

Edit 5:
succes.jpg

Edit 6: Am I correct in assuming that for the weekday bar the language.xml is not used? It currently displays the dutch abbreviations for the weekdays while the others are in English. I tried downloading the language.xml from your site and using it for the weekday bar but it still uses the dutch abbreviations.

Last edited:

n4rrOx

Jul 9, 2006
#update 21 dec: ALL by Spirit
....................................in the second post!

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
If I understand correctly the following should work?

Edit 6: Am I correct in assuming that for the weekday bar the language.xml is not used? It currently displays the dutch abbreviations for the weekdays while the others are in English. I tried downloading the language.xml from your site and using it for the weekday bar but it still uses the dutch abbreviations.

What it does is uses the phone translation and then does a lookup in the language.xml file. So if you want to replace the dutch translation then add what it displays to the xml and put your own translation in there.

So if it shows mon. then add
Code:
<mon. value="mymonday"/>
Although I have a feeling the . is an invalid character for xml tag. You may need to do it a bit differently like use the long day name and add a tag for it.

Does all that make sense?

Tsurany

Dec 15, 2008
What it does is uses the phone translation and then does a lookup in the language.xml file. So if you want to replace the dutch translation then add what it displays to the xml and put your own translation in there.

So if it shows mon. then add
Code:
<mon. value="mymonday"/>
Although I have a feeling the . is an invalid character for xml tag. You may need to do it a bit differently like use the long day name and add a tag for it.

Does all that make sense?
It kinda does, I'm gonna try it out and see what happens. Will report back.

Edit: That worked perfectly, thank you very much!
Added the code below:
Code:
	<ma value="Mon" />
	<di value="Tue" />
	<wo value="Wed" />
	<do value="Thu" />
	<vr value="Fri" />
	<za value="Sat" />
	<zo value="Sun" />

Now all you need is a battery widget like BattStat and you will definitely dominate my homescreen :p

Last edited:

user_x

Dec 30, 2007
CenterClause, inspired by Semicuda's TypoClock

Since TypoClock does currently not have an option to use a centered layout I have built myself an mClock theme as a workaround.

Codewise it is anything but elegant, e.g. invisible text is used to position elements. It's a "fair enough"-solution which I have written for myself and should be considered as such. Feel free to use it, but please don't expect me to support it in any way. It looks fine on my HTC Desire (Froyo 2.2 with Launcher Pro and Sense), but may not work for you at all.

Due to the different width and height of numbers space between numbers and text varies.

The following fonts are used and not provided with the theme:
  1. DejaVuSans.ttf
  2. DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf
  3. YoxallBold.ttf

The path to the fonts is /sdcard/.fonts/. Change it according to your setup.

Thanks to Semicuda for TypoClock and the inspiration and to knoxcoder for the highly customizable mClock.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- CenterClause theme for knoxcoder's mClock / by user_x / inspired by Semicuda's Typoclock-->

<stack orientation="vertical" horizontalalignment="stretch" verticalalignment="center" margin="0" clipping="false">

<stack orientation="horizontal" horizontalalignment="center" verticalalignment="top" margin="0" height="101" fontsize="115" font="/sdcard/.fonts/YoxallBold.ttf" >
   <hour is24hour="true" foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" />
   <text text=":" foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" />
   <minute foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" />
  </stack>

<dayname horizontalalignment="center" verticalalignment="top" margin="0" case="upper" foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" height="55" fontsize="55" font="/sdcard/.fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf" />

<stack orientation="horizontal" horizontalalignment="center" verticalalignment="top" margin="0" height="101">

<stack orientation="vertical" horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="0" height="101">
    <monthname horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="-4" height="37" case="upper" foreground="#00ffffff, #00ffffff" fontsize="37" font="/sdcard/.fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf" />
    <year horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="-4" foreground="#00ffffff, #00ffffff" fontsize="67" font="/sdcard/.fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf" />
   </stack>

<day horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="2" height="101" leadingzero="true" foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" fontsize="115" font="/sdcard/.fonts/YoxallBold.ttf" />

<stack orientation="vertical" horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="0" height="101" >
    <monthname horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="-4" height="37" case="upper" foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" fontsize="37" font="/sdcard/.fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf" />
    <year horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="-4" foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" fontsize="65" font="/sdcard/.fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf" />
   </stack>

<day horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="2" height="101" leadingzero="true" foreground="#00ffffff, #00ffffff" fontsize="115" font="/sdcard/.fonts/YoxallBold.ttf" />
   <text text=":" horizontalalignment="left" verticalalignment="top" margin="0" foreground="#00ffffff, #00ffffff" fontsize="115" font="/sdcard/.fonts/YoxallBold.ttf" />

</stack>

</stack>

Last edited:

cutmsan

Nov 4, 2010
Very nice! The one thing that bugged me about typoclock is that it was not scalable using LP. Thanks for sharing!

n4rrOx

Jul 9, 2006
#update 22 dec: CenterClause by user_x
...................................................in the second post!

d_1000

Jun 25, 2010
Chicago NW 'Burbs
Thanks for all the posts.....I learned so much.:D I modded 'Simple One' by dev223 for the clock, "ALL" by Spirit for the date/calendar widget and changed the font to Lucida Calligraphy.

I would really like to see if it is possible to do a weather widget...I use Beautiful Widgets and would like to mod the font.....but this is not possible. I am NOT a coder, just a patient copier/modifier!

Thank you all for your hard work!!!

screen1.jpg

" ALL" by Spirit xml mod:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<stack orientation="vertical" horizontalalignment="stretch" verticalalignment="top" margin="0" clipping="false">
<stack horizontalalignment="center" verticalalignment="top" orientation="horizontal" margin="0" height="55">
<Sunday CurrentForeground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" Case="Upper" Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="25" Shadowy="-10" ></Sunday>
<Monday CurrentForeground="#fffffffff, #ffffffff" Case="Upper" Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="25" Shadowy="-10" ></Monday>
<Tuesday CurrentForeground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" Case="Upper" Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="25" Shadowy="-10" ></Tuesday>
<Wednesday CurrentForeground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" Case="Upper" Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="25" Shadowy="-10" ></Wednesday>
<Thursday CurrentForeground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" Case="Upper" Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="25" Shadowy="-10" ></Thursday>
<Friday CurrentForeground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" Case="Upper" Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="25" Shadowy="-10" ></Friday>
<Saturday CurrentForeground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" Case="Upper" Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="25" Shadowy="-10" ></Saturday>
</stack>

<stack horizontalalignment="center" verticalalignment="top" orientation="horizontal" margin="0" height="70">

<Stack HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Center" Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="0">
<Day Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="75" ShadowColor="#ff000000" Foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff"/>
</Stack>

<Stack HorizontalAlignment="Left" Clipping="false" Orientation="Vertical" Margin="5" >
<MonthName Font="/sdcard/ALL/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="52" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Case="Upper" Clipping="false" Foreground="#77ffffff, #77ffffff" ></MonthName>
</Stack>
</stack>
</stack>

Simple One by dev223 mod 'mClockhours.xml'
<UniformGrid Columns="1" Clipping="false" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" ><Stack Orientation="Horizontal" Clipping="false" ><Hour Font="/sdcard/SimpleOne2copy/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="400" Foreground="#ffffffff, #ffffffff" is24hour="false" Clipping="false" ></Hour></Stack></UniformGrid>

Simple One by dev223 mod 'mClockminutes.xml'
<UniformGrid Columns="1" Clipping="false" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" ><Stack Orientation="Horizontal" Clipping="false" ><Minute Font="/sdcard/SimpleOne2copy/lcallig.ttf" FontSize="380" Foreground="#00ffffff, #ffffffff" Clipping="false" ></Minute></Stack></UniformGrid>

Last edited:

knoxcoder

Jul 19, 2010
The new widget will support weather and battery with all the customization and more. I hope to have a beta for testing soon but I'm spending time working on the editor and trying to get as much polish and features in first. I've redone the color picker so that now you visually select the color but can also put in the numeric rgb values. It takes time to get all those features in...

deede

Aug 9, 2005
Awesome to see what u guys are able to do with only one app. haha
I tried so many clock Apps but this is really gorgeous!

I just need a German.xml can't find it either in Google.
am I too silly? can some one maybe post a German.xml ?

d_1000

Jun 25, 2010
Chicago NW 'Burbs
Battery Widget

Any news on the battery widget?:D

Is there a way to write an xml file to make it or does the app have to be re-written?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mFbNR.jpg

I decided to make a complete pack of all my 'Rework' mClock skins.
    This will probably be the last time I use this .psd and style as I think its time to put it to rest.

I have made a few modifications from the previous versions, tidied up a few things and added some colour for those who want it.
    The small and wide style should now fit 3x1 and 4X1 widgets respectively, so no more edges being cropped!

If you have any of the previous versions I suggest deleting them before using this. (Unless you really like the shadows on the older versions)

How to:
    • Install mClock from the market.
    • Create a folder in the root of your SD card called 'mClock'.
    • Extract the .zip content into this folder.
    • Add mClock widget on your homescreen.
    • Hit "Xml Template" in the mClock settings.
    • go to /sdcard/mClock/ReWorkClock/ and select the folder and then .xml file of desired style.

Download from attached, or DA.

Before asking for help, please make sure that you are using the correct path that is: /sdcard/mClock/ReWorkClock/...

Enjoy folks!
    Tape mClock Skin

tape_mclock_skin_by_chrisbanks2-d4dhsfx.jpg

Got bored of job searching, so decided to have a little play on Photoshop.

The .zip contains the two style of Tapeclocks shown, both with the option of a background of your choice, shown down the left.
    The TxClck Style is the clock on the left, the Simple Style is the clock on the Right.

Credits:
    •The image came from ScotchTape Mod for CAD by kingdomsephiroth
    •The xml for the TxClck Style came from here, hence the name.

As there are a fer few variations, and I haven't tested them all, so its likely I have slipped up with a name or two somewhere, if so please let know so they can be fixed.
    Check out my DeviantArt for full instructions and a link to a .PSD template.

Quite a good post for my 100th I think :)

Enjoy.
    As promised above, here's some stuff to use with mClock..

As I said too, it's not totally my work.. some of the png's are, some xml come from other talented members here (sorry guys, I cannot remember your names.. :eek: )

All you have to do is :

- download and open the attached zip
    - extract various templates mclock file to the root of your sd card.

Follow this 2 simple rules above. I've edited and check each xml file, they all work fine.

And now friends, have fun :D
    (I won't mind if you click thanks for the time spent packing / editing all of this ;) )
    Mire

mire___mclock_skin_by_d3stroy-d4blbje.jpg

Mirrored Here

For the ones who love it :D
    I made a slightly bigger clock, compared to gloozy :

MI-GENIE :

mi_genie__mclock_skin_by_d3stroy-d4b0091.jpg

Click Click