Reboot my Moto G or Not reboot? That is the dilemma

Search This thread
How often should I reboot my device? And if anyone knows any compelling reason to do so every x time?

Edit1: Motorola recommend reboot Daily. They will have reason?

vamujyty.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think is really necessary to restart the phone every X time, this is why the Multi task engine or whatever its called on android can autoclose apps en free memory and RAM every certain time...

Me too had that idea. But change my mind since some times when I had a Android with ICS and one time for week I must restart because was so slow.

I think that despite the time we live even lack much to optimize the OS mobile

FelipeBHZ

Jun 2, 2012
Belo Horizonte
Xiaomi Mi 8
We don't need to reboot our smartphones, but, at least in Brazil, Motorola says we need to reboot it once a day (LOL), sure it doesn't need.

If u expierence problems with lags or whatever, try to check ur installed apps.

Another thing that doesn't make a difference are task killers...

Sent using xda app-developers app

Reactions: GeneralGrevios
I
We don't need to reboot our smartphones, but, at least in Brazil, Motorola says we need to reboot it once a day (LOL), sure it doesn't need.

Thanks for you answer, I don't have problems with my Moto G, is just I read the same question in a blog and I pose here. I want read your comments about. Me too read in some place, Motorola recommends turn off one time for day, I'm looking for de link and share with yours.

Greetings.

Last edited:

FelipeBHZ

Jun 2, 2012
Belo Horizonte
Xiaomi Mi 8
Ur Welcome! Sometimes we must think twice before give some rude answers, none of us knows about everything in the universe, and 'silly questions' don't exist. EVERY question is a proof of wisdom.
;)

Reactions: GeneralGrevios
Ur Welcome! Sometimes we must think twice before give some rude answers, none of us knows about everything in the universe, and 'silly questions' don't exist. EVERY question is a proof of wisdom.
;)

Thanks again, you have reason. Look, this is the capture of the page of support of Motorola say: if you reboot dayli, you have better battery .

a2y2y7ej.jpg

Reactions: FelipeBHZ

FelipeBHZ

Jun 2, 2012
Belo Horizonte
Xiaomi Mi 8
I really don't understand why Motorola says that, but I know they say that since Razr i. Anyways, I'm glad to help clarify some stuff sometimes we just need a friendly answer.

nothingtotalk

Jan 5, 2011
Singapore
That is how Android works. Even if you swipe off the app in the recents applications, the background process of the app is still running and not killed. The only way to do this is to force stop the application or service.

Try greenify app from the play store. You can choose the hibernate the apps that you want and it will stop running until you force run it again. This is by far one of my favourite applications.

knizmi

Jul 17, 2013
Mladá Boleslav
It makes more sense to install BBS and find the reason behind poor battery life, if you have problems with it. If you just restart your phone, the problem might go away for a while, but it will come back in the end.

debaj

Dec 8, 2010
Budapest
Thanks again, you have reason. Look, this is the capture of the page of support of Motorola say: if you reboot dayli, you have better battery .
There is no sane reason to reboot the phone daily, it is a very clueless advice, even if it comes from Motorola. Rebooting the phone only hides the actual problem instead of solving it. If you don't have any faulty app, then it will be even worse because the reboot cycle uses way more battery than letting the phone sleep on your desk, and if you have something that eats up your battery, you should get rid of that. Check first the Battery page in Settings, to check if there is anything suspicious.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wat.jpg

I thought you had made ​​any changes in the system and was afraid to bootloop. But from what I saw the question was more stupid...

Dan_Jacques, sorry if the question looks stupid for you. I thought this forum was created for learn and share even for people noob in tech like me.
    I don't think is really necessary to restart the phone every X time, this is why the Multi task engine or whatever its called on android can autoclose apps en free memory and RAM every certain time...

;)

;)

a2y2y7ej.jpg