[Q] [Help] Rooted Phone, Tried Istalling BeanStalk/Gapps, Phone Not Booting

Search This thread
Aug 21, 2014
So I'm very new to all of the rooting stuff. I got an HTC 4G LTE off Ebay just to use as sort of like a tablet. The firmware on the phone kinda sucks so I wanted to root it and go with a better version of Android that the bloatware-inflated version HTC provides. Not to mention updates are no longer supported.

I successfully rooted the phone with TWRP and followed the instructions to wipe the phone and such. This is where the instructions I found were kinda "off" and started using way too much lingo so I decided to wing-it a bit, thinking I had sort of understood it. I went to install, installed the BeanStalk and Gapps zip folders that are available in the the other section.

Rebooted my phone and it wouldn't go past the HTC boot logo... So I tried again. No luck.

I managed to get back in TWRP and I'm wondering what I need to do in order to get this bad boy to work. I checked the troubleshooting threads and found the section on boot-looping, but so I did the cache wipes it stated, selected "Factory Restore" and it rebooted back into TWRP. I'm not really sure what to do. Do I re-install the BeanStalk and Gapps zips, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
If the phone is S-on you'll have to flash the kernel separately from the ROM itself. Hit the top link in my sig and read the entire guide. I think it will be quite useful to you:thumbup: