[ROM][GalaxyTab P1010][WIFI] JBROM FINAL V1.0 - New Notifications and more

Search This thread

BK201EKY

Dec 20, 2012
sourceforge.net
The GT-P1010 it's a forgotten device by Samsung, knowing that it has the capabilities to run some of the most updated versions of android we are still waiting for advanced developers to port it, In the mean time I bring you today a themed ROM just to resemble the look of android Jelly Bean. It was a pleasure to develop for this device and you end users. In the future there will be more updates based on your feedback and if I still own the device. Now you can grab and go with your tab it has everything you need.

IMPORTANT: Advanced knowledge of what your doing it's required, I'm not responsible for the mismanagement of your device, soft-brick or hard-brick. Still, I'm here to help you with whatever you need.

WHAT'S NEW?
  • The Android system it's pretty much the same, the ROM is based on Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 KPO latest update for UK.
  • The status bar has been resized and extracted what was not needed, the toggles has been resized as well to gain more notification area on portrait and more importantly in landscape mode, added transparency too.
  • Theme for Settings and Main Menu is now black :cool:
  • Added new icons to resemble Jelly Bean.
  • New pop dialogs, menus, bars, buttons, radios, checks and more
  • Colors for the status bar clock and icons.
  • Added new JB keyboard
  • Replaced stock launcher with a modded version of Nemus Launcher, faster and very customizable.
  • Added new wallpapers to the gallery.
  • Rooted + busybox
  • Lockscreen animation and time position
  • Roboto font
  • New Sounds and ringtones
  • MXPlayer with codec
  • Dolphin + JetPack for full website browsing
    [*]Complete animated UI

WHAT DO I NEED?
  • STOCK ROM GB 2.3.6 2012 July P1010XXKPO P1010XEUKPO
http://www.hotfile.com/dl/163467092/cef6ba6/P1010XXKPO_P1010XEUKPO_XEU.zip.html (mirror later)
  • CWM RECOVERY v5.0.2.7 + ROOT (thanks to MadTeam and Motafoca) ROM WORKS ONLY WITH THIS NO OTHER AND STOCK KERNEL se.infra@SEP-95#1
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbromgtp1010bk2/files/madteam-cwm-p1010-kpi.tar/download
  • ODIN v1.61
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbromgtp1010bk2/files/ODINv1.61.zip/download
  • JBROM FINAL V1.0 BK201EKY
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbromgtp1010bk2/files/NANDROID_JBROM_FINAL_V1.0_BK201EKY.rar/download
  • USB DRIVERS (if you need)
http://hotfile.com/dl/133929348/9107244/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0.zip.html

PROCEDURE: For Windows only, Win7/8 x86/x64

1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1059485
2. Charge your battery up to 40%
3. DOWNLOAD MODE: Turn off you tab, press and hold volume DOWN and POWER, A yellow triangle will appear with an android working in it, you are now in download mode.
4. ODIN: With your tab in download mode, open Odin3+v1.61.exe and plug it to the computer usb port, ID:COM text fiel most turn yellow, if not, you probably have to reinstall your USB Drivers, once that is yellow click on the PDA button and select the file: P1010KPO_P1010XEUKPO_HOME.tar.md5 and hit START in the Control Panel. After a few minutes your tab will boot in Stock KPO GB 2.3.6 android, turn off your tab again.
5. CWM Recovery + ROOT: Turn your tab into download mode once again and plug it, hit RESET in ODIN Control Panel, now click on PDA once more and select the file: madteam-cwm-p1010-kpi.tar hit START. Your tab will reboot and load android now with the Recovery Manager installed and it's now rooted (root the device may void your guaranty).
6. JBROM FINAL V1.0 BK201EKY: Transfer your downloaded file: "NANDROID_JBROM_FINAL_V1.0_BK201EKY.rar" to the following path:
"/sdcard:/clockworkmod/backup" (if doesn't exist create folders all lowercase) paste and extract here. From the app drawer selecet CMW Manager, grant superuser, select Recovery mode and Reboot, you are now in CWM Recovery. Navigate using your Vol +/- and Power as selector to: "backup and restore" then: "- restore" now: "- NANDROID_JBROM_FINAL_V1.0_BK201EKY" and finally: "Yes - Restore" once finish choose: "reboot system now" and wait ETA 5mins. Enjoy the ROM :fingers-crossed:

THANKS TO:
Wizard_Polska
bayustev
moxtrom
rfb813
Pranix
anyone else please let me know ;)

PLEASE SUPPORT ME BY DONATING:

I've been BK201EKY from EL SALVADOR

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 9,911
  • shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 8,044
  • shot_000006.jpg
    shot_000006.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 8,316
  • shot_000003.jpg
    shot_000003.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 7,587
  • shot_000008.jpg
    shot_000008.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7,368
  • shot_000007.jpg
    shot_000007.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6,808
  • SC20130116-025445.jpg
    SC20130116-025445.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 6,437
  • SC20130116-025459.jpg
    SC20130116-025459.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6,064
  • SC20130116-025529.jpg
    SC20130116-025529.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 5,908
  • SC20130116-025550.jpg
    SC20130116-025550.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 6,264
  • device-2013-01-26-211149.jpg
    device-2013-01-26-211149.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 6,292
  • device-2013-01-26-211107.jpg
    device-2013-01-26-211107.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 5,682
Last edited:

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
I'll try this rom tonight...than i report back.(right now, my tab using kmicic)

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
well, i already try twice to flash.
1. try flash with madteam kpi from their site.(7,6mb). result : after flash jb rom is eternal bootloop.:confused:
2.i use madteam kpi from this site (3,9mb). result : stuck on odin half way when going to flash it.:confused::confused:
any solution ? i'm back to stock first i think. and used nandroid backup to restore my previus rom.:cool:

BK201EKY

Dec 20, 2012
sourceforge.net
well, i already try twice to flash.
1. try flash with madteam kpi from their site.(7,6mb). result : after flash jb rom is eternal bootloop.:confused:
2.i use madteam kpi from this site (3,9mb). result : stuck on odin half way when going to flash it.:confused::confused:
any solution ? i'm back to stock first i think. and used nandroid backup to restore my previus rom.:cool:

Did you follow the steps I replied on the General forum?

I would like to know if some else is having the same issue, anyway try this:
Go into Recovery mode, navigate to "mounts and storage" and format
/cache
/data
/system
/datadata

Now start the standard procedure again of installing STOCK KPO and after the ROM

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
I still stuck on samsung logo boot loop.
What i do is flash from begining (means froyo.had csc file ) than kpo firmware (only pda file)
After that i flash cf root.
In recovery mode i clean all. ( cache, dalvick, battery stat).
Then i flash jbrom rc1.2..wait until 4 mnts its start on samsung boot screen.... and stuck there in boot loop..

Maybe i should wait for other tester. And see the result.

send from p1010 kmicic rom tapatalk 2

BK201EKY

Dec 20, 2012
sourceforge.net
I still stuck on samsung logo boot loop.
What i do is flash from begining (means froyo.had csc file ) than kpo firmware (only pda file)
After that i flash cf root.
In recovery mode i clean all. ( cache, dalvick, battery stat).
Then i flash jbrom rc1.2..wait until 4 mnts its start on samsung boot screen.... and stuck there in boot loop..

Maybe i should wait for other tester. And see the result.

You tried to load it from FROYO? because rom is for gingerbread not froyo, I know Kmicic and David that's pretty much the best rom out there for p1010 :p

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
You tried to load it from FROYO? because rom is for gingerbread not froyo, I know Kmicic and David that's pretty much the best rom out there for p1010 :p

no. of course not. it's just my procedure.flash from begining.
i flash your rom from fresh kpo..
and about kmicic.indeed a good rom..just one bug in kmicic rom. when usb debug is on, than connect to cable data to pc. always turn off again the usb conection. can't get connection to pc.
i think all rom are good because it's hard to make one.:good:
like your rom, i think is good one if i can get into.:fingers-crossed:
i just back to nandroid back up. that's all. :eek:

i wish there some dev can make cf-root from the last stock rom p1010 kpo.

Last edited:

Wizard_Polska

Dec 19, 2010
Katowice
New rom uploading, new framework and of course updater-script, I wish there were more testers like you, I thought there was a lot people wanting roms for this device, If there any ways you can spread the news, I won't get mad :good:

hey, copy my updater script from kmicic for P1010. I found errors and in my script are fixed ;)

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
Well..mr wizard you help too? This is great..more hope for forgoten tabs then.love this

BK201EKY

Dec 20, 2012
sourceforge.net
hey, copy my updater script from kmicic for P1010. I found errors and in my script are fixed ;)

Hey David how are ya? Thanks for coming by and give me some help and the chance to use your script, I'm doing some test over it right now and I can actually see a full script like CyanoMod, I wasn't really thinking on that yet considering that my script was basic for beta test and that it has always worker for me (only me I see :crying:). Every advice you have for me will be very much welcome in this project knowing that your experience with this device is higher than mine. Thanks

Wizard_Polska

Dec 19, 2010
Katowice
Hey David how are ya? Thanks for coming by and give me some help and the chance to use your script, I'm doing some test over it right now and I can actually see a full script like CyanoMod, I wasn't really thinking on that yet considering that my script was basic for beta test and that it has always worker for me (only me I see :crying:). Every advice you have for me will be very much welcome in this project knowing that your experience with this device is higher than mine. Thanks

hey no problem, this isn't competition so you are free to copy. If you want you could copy files, edit etc.etc. from my rom.
if you want help write to me. I know how to change text under quick icons etc.

Reactions: CriGiu

moxtrom

Feb 26, 2011
Santiago
it works in my tablet, really nice JB look.
in a some apps (playstore for instance), a lot of fonts in black apear on black background and white in white background.

superuser doesn't work, it ask you for permission but it fails to give them (voltage control fails at boot, DPI cannot be changed, etc...), usb development didn't work either.

BK201EKY

Dec 20, 2012
sourceforge.net
Great thanks for testing! You sure you installed CWM + root that I provided? Have you try updating SU from market. Titles in Playstore may appear white but they will get black when it propertly updates in a few minutes.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using xda app-developers app

moxtrom

Feb 26, 2011
Santiago
i downloaded CWM from somewhere else, the file you uploaded in the first post is only 3.X MB, and cannot be flashed with odin.
I looked for the file somewhere else and the file size is about 7.4 MB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The GT-P1010 it's a forgotten device by Samsung, knowing that it has the capabilities to run some of the most updated versions of android we are still waiting for advanced developers to port it, In the mean time I bring you today a themed ROM just to resemble the look of android Jelly Bean. It was a pleasure to develop for this device and you end users. In the future there will be more updates based on your feedback and if I still own the device. Now you can grab and go with your tab it has everything you need.

IMPORTANT: Advanced knowledge of what your doing it's required, I'm not responsible for the mismanagement of your device, soft-brick or hard-brick. Still, I'm here to help you with whatever you need.

WHAT'S NEW?
    • The Android system it's pretty much the same, the ROM is based on Android Gingerbread 2.3.6 KPO latest update for UK.
    • The status bar has been resized and extracted what was not needed, the toggles has been resized as well to gain more notification area on portrait and more importantly in landscape mode, added transparency too.
    • Theme for Settings and Main Menu is now black :cool:
    • Added new icons to resemble Jelly Bean.
    • New pop dialogs, menus, bars, buttons, radios, checks and more
    • Colors for the status bar clock and icons.
    • Added new JB keyboard
    • Replaced stock launcher with a modded version of Nemus Launcher, faster and very customizable.
    • Added new wallpapers to the gallery.
    • Rooted + busybox
    • Lockscreen animation and time position
    • Roboto font
    • New Sounds and ringtones
    • MXPlayer with codec
    • Dolphin + JetPack for full website browsing
      [*]Complete animated UI

WHAT DO I NEED?
    • STOCK ROM GB 2.3.6 2012 July P1010XXKPO P1010XEUKPO
    http://www.hotfile.com/dl/163467092/cef6ba6/P1010XXKPO_P1010XEUKPO_XEU.zip.html (mirror later)
    • CWM RECOVERY v5.0.2.7 + ROOT (thanks to MadTeam and Motafoca) ROM WORKS ONLY WITH THIS NO OTHER AND STOCK KERNEL se.infra@SEP-95#1
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbromgtp1010bk2/files/madteam-cwm-p1010-kpi.tar/download
    • ODIN v1.61
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbromgtp1010bk2/files/ODINv1.61.zip/download
    • JBROM FINAL V1.0 BK201EKY
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbromgtp1010bk2/files/NANDROID_JBROM_FINAL_V1.0_BK201EKY.rar/download
    • USB DRIVERS (if you need)
    http://hotfile.com/dl/133929348/9107244/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0.zip.html

PROCEDURE: For Windows only, Win7/8 x86/x64

1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1059485
    2. Charge your battery up to 40%
    3. DOWNLOAD MODE: Turn off you tab, press and hold volume DOWN and POWER, A yellow triangle will appear with an android working in it, you are now in download mode.
    4. ODIN: With your tab in download mode, open Odin3+v1.61.exe and plug it to the computer usb port, ID:COM text fiel most turn yellow, if not, you probably have to reinstall your USB Drivers, once that is yellow click on the PDA button and select the file: P1010KPO_P1010XEUKPO_HOME.tar.md5 and hit START in the Control Panel. After a few minutes your tab will boot in Stock KPO GB 2.3.6 android, turn off your tab again.
    5. CWM Recovery + ROOT: Turn your tab into download mode once again and plug it, hit RESET in ODIN Control Panel, now click on PDA once more and select the file: madteam-cwm-p1010-kpi.tar hit START. Your tab will reboot and load android now with the Recovery Manager installed and it's now rooted (root the device may void your guaranty).
    6. JBROM FINAL V1.0 BK201EKY: Transfer your downloaded file: "NANDROID_JBROM_FINAL_V1.0_BK201EKY.rar" to the following path:
    "/sdcard:/clockworkmod/backup" (if doesn't exist create folders all lowercase) paste and extract here. From the app drawer selecet CMW Manager, grant superuser, select Recovery mode and Reboot, you are now in CWM Recovery. Navigate using your Vol +/- and Power as selector to: "backup and restore" then: "- restore" now: "- NANDROID_JBROM_FINAL_V1.0_BK201EKY" and finally: "Yes - Restore" once finish choose: "reboot system now" and wait ETA 5mins. Enjoy the ROM :fingers-crossed:

THANKS TO:
    Wizard_Polska
    bayustev
    moxtrom
    rfb813
    Pranix
    anyone else please let me know ;)

PLEASE SUPPORT ME BY DONATING:

I've been BK201EKY from EL SALVADOR
    Final V1.0 its up!

:highfive:

hey no problem, this isn't competition so you are free to copy. If you want you could copy files, edit etc.etc. from my rom.
    if you want help write to me. I know how to change text under quick icons etc.
    Good to know, Titanum needs SU wich is probably not working propertly. Will fix in next upload :)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using xda app-developers app