Any Flex users thinking at all about the S5 or M8?

Search This thread

JesseMT4G

Aug 30, 2011
Youngstown
I don't see what the problem people have with this phone. Obviously you know going into it, it don't have a SD card or a removable battery. So mark it off right away if you root a lot or have a ton of movies and or music. Picking one up tomorrow as I test drove one today. It was fantastic. Love the size, colors and don't see the graining people mention. It was sitting right next to he G2 with the better screen and the G2 was brighter at max.... Besides that, don't see many flaws.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Da Kine

Apr 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, Ca
I'll be holding onto this beast for a while, If the bootloader gets unlocked and we get a custom recovery, I might not ever get rid of this phone...well at least until the Flex 2 (or whatever LG will call it) comes out and has at least an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery :D.

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I'm considering looking at the S5, M8 and Moto X.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

erney1

Dec 24, 2008
Claymont
I'm thinking about the HTC one(m8) I really like the camera and the sd card slot.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

imitenotbecrazy

Nov 9, 2011
If we don't get a boot loader unlock by the time HTC does their retail sales trade in I'll be turning in the flex for an m8. Samsung already told me they're giving me an S5

sent from the new G Flex

Reactions: brittoking

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
I'm thinking about the HTC one(m8) I really like the camera and the sd card slot.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Firstly didn't mean to thank you all those times! Dang sloppy swyping. Anyway...I really like the m8, especially some features Re the camera, Re touch Re focus, (just something new and cool) but after having read 5 reviews (and a unanimous review base that says the battery won't make a hard day's use) which I take with a grain of salt of course, I really do not see the longevity of the phone. It's just up to standards but as soon as the s5 (which you'll get it sounds like?) Come out and then in June the lg G3 (supposedly)...basically what I mean is I was about to do what you're doing, return flex, but that particular phone I don't see the long term growth being there? Hope that makes sense and I apologize for rambling!

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I am really considering both now. My speaker just went out without any warning and I tried everything even a factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I stopped in a Verizon store and played with the M8 since it was by a sub place I had lunch at yesterday. A rep asked me if I had service with Verizon and I didn't want to hear his speach since I have T-Mobile so I lied and said yes. haha I don't think it's that much different the M7 and it seems to narrow for my big mits not to mention small. I guess every phone will feel small coming from the Flex. lol I liked the G2 size when I had it. Still happy with my Flex and I should be since it's only been a few months. I'll probably check out the Z2 and Note 4. Always looking for the next best thing. Life as a phone junkie. lol

Last edited:

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I'm giving both a try, but right now the Flex battery life is tremendous.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    imo..the only postive the s5 or m8 have over the flex is ext sd card support..the screen is a subjective matter.

If the flex had sd card id have one the day it was released here in canada...as it is it will be hard not to buy one...it has has a totally unique appeal to it.

sent from vacation in the phillipines via i337M galaxy S4
    For sure the G-Pro 2 is in my future..

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk 2

The G Pro 2 is really nice. I had the flex before this and kinda miss the curve but the Pro 2 feels lighter and thinner. Close to the g2 build.

Sent from my LG-F350S using xda app-developers app
    If we don't get a boot loader unlock by the time HTC does their retail sales trade in I'll be turning in the flex for an m8. Samsung already told me they're giving me an S5

sent from the new G Flex
    do you work in the business?

Just saw this and yes I am. Decided not to trade in a phone with HTC and just bought it outright through them at an unmentionable discount hahaha

sent from the new G Flex
    What do you miss about the Flex other then the screen. I was going to try Z2 but Sony is screwing up the release and I'm thinking I need a change from LG even though I really like what they are doing. Did you get a decent amount for your Flex. I guess the good thing is that I got $200 off my Flex plus maybe a year free of Netflix. haha I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my Flex just yet though. A recovery and Roms would be nice but not sure when that's going to happen.

to be completely honest the m8 was good radio was nice i had to return it because the flex is a huge screen plus its still a great phone..